Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In all seriousness, are we watching Tyler become a beast or what?

Default In all seriousness, are we watching Tyler become a beast or what?

Are we watching Tyler become a beast or what ?

I see it .

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: In all seriousness, ...

if he would have been sucking the last 5 gms would we have a "Tyler sucks thread"??

so impulsive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

p4e - i think tyler might be becoming something serious. he's a guy who i think might find himself in a leadership role 1-2 years from now. why the skepticism?

i've actually never been seriously down on him, as I have for pretty much every other player on the roster.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

Well, there was a point with Noah where he was perceived as hostile and someone who couldn't keep his mouth shut.
    Then he seemingly overnight went from "very limited upside" to "unfriendly rook" to "awesome leader with big time game".

Hansbrough has quite similar craziness about him, and career path is similar so far, so who knows.
    Last edited by ballism; 03-13-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: was a bit vague

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Tyler has never been known as someone "who can't keep his mouth shut."

Except for when he breathes.

noah and hansbrough were both key cogs in national title winning teams who generally play the game the right way. if tyler developed any sort of passing ability and continues to work on his defensive rotations, he can definitely become good-great player.

Hansbrough is a beast...there isn't a team in the league that would not want this guy to be a part of their rotation. Hansbrough, George, Lance, and Price are the only reason I am still watching games.

Hansbrough just doesn't back down...period.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tyler has never been known as someone "who can't keep his mouth shut."

Except for when he breathes.

That was about Noah and his early conflicts in Bulls locker room, esp with Ben Wallace.
    The point is, no early signs indicated Noah ever becoming a good leader in this league, to the opposite.
    Last edited by ballism; 03-13-2011 at 07:29 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

can we change the name of the subject of this thread to involve tyler so that more ppl get involved in this discussion
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

The only downside to tyler is he sadly cannot hold normal conversation due to his extreme intensity or close his eyes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    if he would have been sucking the last 5 gms would we have a "Tyler sucks thread"??

so impulsive.
    Yes and you might have been the one to start it.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    noah and hansbrough were both key cogs in national title winning teams who generally play the game the right way. if tyler developed any sort of passing ability and continues to work on his defensive rotations, he can definitely become good-great player.
    i may be incorrect, but wasnt the bulls targeting hansbrough and were offering 16 / 21 picks or something like that.

i know holliday or lawson was a need, but hansbrough has proved alot of the naysayers wrong this season.

imagine a noah/hansbrough front court.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post

so impulsive.
    If Tyler wasn't having a good season then maybe you would have a point, but for the most part he has been very good for us this year. Also funny you are talking about impulsive when after bad games you tell everyone to blow it up...

He's rock solid and is getting better. He's averaging 22 and 8 over the last 5 games. Thats better rebounding then I expected too. When he is in attack mode, not settling for jumpers and knowing when to pass, which he was today, he is a very, very good player.

I'm not completely sold on him becoming the future PF we need just yet, but he is making a damn good case that he could be. If he continues the season playing like this through the rest of the season I would definitely start saying he is the guy we need. He can score inside and out. He's tough and won't back down on defense (where he does need to improve still). He needs to continue to pass like he did today too.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    The only downside to tyler is he sadly cannot hold normal conversation due to his extreme intensity or close his eyes.
    he sounded alright in the paetz interviw.. seemed liked stacey needed to work on here commmunication skills.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: In all seriousness, are we watching Tyler become a beast or what?

tyler and roy have been playing well together lately too. the high/low game is working, or was today.

off topic, but im ready to see granger go to the bench or just state he has an illness for a week. djones will at least play friggin defense. almost overnight ive went steeply over into the trade granger crowd.

my point is, roy needs to play next to a tough physical PF and Hans is that. he also offers low post scoring which allows roy to pick and choose his spots. hibbert actually passed out of a double team to tyler tonight.. shocked.

roy needs to become more physical as many of us already know.

Consider that he came in last year with shin splints and no spring training...then he missed the rest of the season due to vertigo...then he is benched by Jim or given very limited minutes...and you might start to understand why this is finally his coming out party.

I don't see why he can't continue this level of play. This is not a flash in the pan anymore. He's scored over 20ppg the last 4 and he's been in double figures nearly every game since mid February.

Considering he will probably improve some over the next couple years...simply becoming more savvy...and my conclusion is that we have a starting PF on our hands. But I do think he still needs to improve, particularly play making. As much as I like him, he still tends to be a black hole. Of course, lately that's been a good thing and probably why we won tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Consider that he came in last year with shin splints and no spring training...then he missed the rest of the season due to vertigo...then he is benched by Jim or given very limited minutes...and you might start to understand why this is finally his coming out party.

I don't see why he can't continue this level of play. This is not a flash in the pan anymore. He's scored over 20ppg the last 4 and he's been in double figures nearly every game since mid February.

Considering he will probably improve some over the next couple years...simply becoming more savvy...and my conclusion is that we have a starting PF on our hands. But I do think he still needs to improve, particularly play making. As much as I like him, he still tends to be a black hole. Of course, lately that's been a good thing and probably why we won tonight.
    Tyler being a black hole may actually be a good thing like you said. He has the best field goal percentage on the team and his 15 foot jumper is almost becoming automatic. He also is the best on our team at getting to the line and probably the best overall post defender.

It is good to have players that are "automatic." It seems like noone can stop Tyler from scoring or getting to the line lately. If this continues we will make the playoffs if Granger doesn't come back and f it up by chucking up contested threes. I'm starting to the think Granger was JOBs biggest supporter. He enabled him to have inflated stats on a medicore team. Now Frank is talking team ball and Granger is playing like **** and we are thinking hmmm......

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    He has the best field goal percentage on the team ......
    The last couple of games, maybe....but for the year, he's 6th on the team.

I agree with your main idea though. Keep shooting, Tyler.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Quote Originally Posted by Midcoasted View Post
    I'm starting to the think Granger was JOBs biggest supporter. He enabled him to have inflated stats on a medicore team. Now Frank is talking team ball and Granger is playing like **** and we are thinking hmmm......
    Yeh, I've been thinking hmmm along the same lines. Danny's fine when it's a horse race and he can launch open shots (i.e. JOb ball), but don't ask him to be creative. Don't ask him to move much without the ball. Also, don't look for him to excel at passing, defending, rebounding or a multitude of other things that win playoff calibre games.

Fact is, Danny shoots. If left open he is deadly from three. He's a good (not great) basketball player. He has a nice step back midrange game. He can drive for layups at times. I even saw him throw one down a couple games ago that left me wondering why he doesn't do that more often.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Yeh, I've been thinking hmmm along the same lines. Danny's fine when it's a horse race and he can launch open shots (i.e. JOb ball), but don't ask him to be creative. Don't ask him to move much without the ball. Also, don't look for him to excel at passing, defending, rebounding or a multitude of other things that win playoff calibre games.

Fact is, Danny shoots. If left open he is deadly from three. He's a good (not great) basketball player. He has a nice step back midrange game. He can drive for layups at times. I even saw him throw one down a couple games ago that left me wondering why he doesn't do that more often.
    I suggest you look at what Danny has done under Vogel. He has been attacking the rim a lot. Why do you think he has been getting to the line so much?

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    p4e - i think tyler might be becoming something serious. he's a guy who i think might find himself in a leadership role 1-2 years from now. why the skepticism?
    p4e hates any PF not named "Blake Griffin".

He might be becoming the face of the franchise too. It's certainly up for grabs.

Tom Lael

I knew even as far back as last season when he first stepped onto the court.. I know it now. Future legend.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    I suggest you look at what Danny has done under Vogel. He has been attacking the rim a lot. Why do you think he has been getting to the line so much?
    Yeah BlueNGold refuses to acknowledge this. I've brought it up in threads so many times now. Yet the same opinion re-appears a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    He might be becoming the face of the franchise too. It's certainly up for grabs.
    He already is. Fans from all over the country wear his jersey more than any other player. If Tyler becomes a future MVP, NBA champ, and perennial All Star, it will have the Peyton Manning effect. The Pacers would instantly be one of the most popular teams in the NBA. So excuse me if I'm becoming a Hansbrough kool-aid drinker but the potential of a superstar Hansbrough and the benefits it would provide the Pacers with a rise in popularity have me intrigued.