Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to Lance?

Banned

Default Re: What happened to Lance?

Quote Originally Posted by Brad8888 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dan Dakich has consistently maintained that Lance is a knucklehead and that no other team in the league would have had any interest in drafting him due to his past.

I know Dakich is not all knowing, and talks big, but I doubt that he would be as consistent in bringing it up as he has been if he didn't truly believe it for some reason even beyond what has been reported in the media.
    DD also think that Ron Artest is a great guy because his son or somebody he knows got to play basketball with him, he is also dedicated a whole hour talking about bringing
    Ron Artest back to Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    It's too early to call him a thug when he might as well be right- if he called out Granger and Jones for not sharing the ball- isn't that what we've needed all along?

A leader to point out what the team is doing wrong and to make them take responsibility?

I'm admittedly a big fan of Lance and probably have a pro Lance agenda, but when I look at it, I feel like he is probably just saying a few things that we've been saying on this board, and the vets feel exception to it when he's probably just being accurate.

Now, of course I could be wrong and he could have been doing really bad things and should justifiable be called, as Hicks terms it, "an immature jackass", but this is just how i feel about the situation as I know about it.
    I agree.

I don't know the facts, no one here does.

However, my hunch is leaning towards him being right. I have a feeling it's just because he's a rookie that the problems are occurring. He's probably (actually, he's not) in the right to say anything because of his status as a rookie.

However, I doubt he's wrong. Granger and Dahntay really need to learn to pay attention to their teammates. I'm sick of Dahntay if the reports from Wells and others are true.

I'm not saying Lance won't turn out to be a bad apple. I don't read the future. However, he's probably right in calling them out. If he was Dahntays age, I doubt there would be an issue.

Problem is, he's not that age, so he needs to be quiet. But that doesn't mean he's wrong.

Just my opinion.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Lance seems like he could be a damn good player, im sorry but do we even know the facts? this franchise has been **** for awhile now so lets not write someone off already whos barely had a chance to prove himself...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHale For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm sorry but I've been hearing this same BS for years now and guess what? We still suck a$$.
    Guess what, plenty of winning teams have been built on good character or fairly neutral guys. The Utah Jazz have been like that for basically the last 20 years even though it's in doubt now that Sloan is gone. The Bulls are like that now, and this philosophy has won multiple championships in San Antonio. So don't act like it's impossible for Indiana to do it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

A 20 year old kid who is extremely lucky he still able to be on this team is villified for causing dissension and disruption.

Think if a 20 year old kid came to work in your office or place of business and was problematical he would be told pretty quickly what his place was, then ignored and laughed at. Blaming lance strains credibility and makes the older, wiser, pacers look idiotic.

lance can't be any more than a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    A 20 year old kid who is extremely lucky he still able to be on this team is villified for causing dissension and disruption.

Think if a 20 year old kid came to work in your office or place of business and was problematical he would get freaking fired. Blaming lance strains credibility and makes the older, wiser, pacers look idiotic.

lance can't be any more than a pain in the butt.
    FYP

I really enjoy the laughs guys I really do.

Maybe you all enjoy watching a bottom feeder but I do not. Our talent level on this team one of the worst in the league. You can try to argue with me about that if you want but its the truth. We have a lot of likeable guys that I really pull for but the bottom line is we are not good.

Danny Granger is a very good SF. I love D.Jones game. But if Lance is really being benched for comments made to those guys that is ridicilious. Lance had some very nice games. Go back and read the post game threads and you will see everyone praising him and really pulling for him. Most were saying he was already our best point guard on the team with the way he sees the floor and his ability to get to the basket.

We do not know the facts. There has to be more to him being benched that we do not know. But the bottom line is we cannot continue to bench talent beause they may say something to upset your mentality soft star and a player that no one would notice if he was off the team.

You can say what you want about wanting to have good character guys. But I personally would like to have someone on this team start to call people out. Someone has to tell granger to quit being a ***** sometimes and play the game. We all think it, and it shows me lance actually has leadership traits if he had the balls to say something. Sorry but that is what this team lacks. We do not have a player that will hold everyone accountable. Ovbiously at 20 years old he has a lot of learning to do. Quit trying to find reasons to write him off already because you may not like his personality or the way he lives his life. He is here to play basketball, not be your friend and he has show flashes of brillance in the short amount of time he has recieved on the court.

Someone talked about good character guys and brought up the jazz. Are you serious? Karl malone was hated by most and so was john stockton. They were some of the dirtiest players to play the game and had their own personal problems. We all do, plain and simple.

I understand that jackson, artest and oneal may be hated around here. But that group of kunckle heads was the best team the pacers have seen in a long time. That core of players knew what it took to win night in and night out. I enjoyed watching that team even though they had their problems.

We are now stuck with a group of players that would be backups on most teams except granger. Nice guys are nice to cheer for but often times lack the testostrone to take **** personal and elevate their play to another level.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I'm sorry but I've been hearing this same BS for years now and guess what? We still suck a$$.
    Soooo.... you'd recommend we take risks on knuckleheads, then? We took a chance on one knucklehead (Ron Artest), and then another (Shawne Williams), and then another (Stephen Jackson).
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Soooo.... you'd recommend we take risks on knuckleheads, then? We took a chance on one knucklehead (Ron Artest), and then another (Shawne Williams), and then another (Stephen Jackson).
    We had a championship level team with thoes knuckle heads. If the brawl didnt happen we would proablly have a chapionship banner hanging in the field house.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post

I am yes.

Stephen jackson. Big part of a spurs championship team

Ron Artest. Not as big as a part but was needed for defense on a championship team

Shawne Williams.. Big part of a winning new york team right now..

mike dunleavy.. big part of teams that have not made it to the playoffs

What have our non knuckle heads accomplished other than getting all of us to be on edge and bicker about everything.

The game is basketball. Watch it and quit worrying about what these guys do on there off times. If you like there style of play then watch. But that is all anyone should judge them on unless your name is larry bird. But again if you are producing who freakin cares.

Indy has shown one thing. They only care about a winner. If the simons want to make money they need to take the risks on knuckle heads. Because most of the time its the knuckle heads that make the best basketball players.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think people are forgetting the halftime skit about new years resolutions that players made up.for other players. If anyone remembers it there were several launched in Lances direction, including one from Solo that I believe could be summed up as ....."shut your mouth and learn to listen" 3 or 4 players said something similar to Lance. It struck me as odd at the time and when I brought it up it seemed to be a concensus here that they were justjoking around and just playing. I got the vibe that it was serious.

Anyone who remembers it willling to change their stance? This didn't start when he started playing ..... it just became in view of everyone and escalated because he wasn't in practice anymore. It was during a game that mattered. So I understand Lance supporters not believing it just started because he started playing, but the signs were there long before.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    I think people are forgetting the halftime skit about new years resolutions that players made up.for other players. If anyone remembers it there were several launched in Lances direction, including one from Solo that I believe could be summed up as ....."shut your mouth and learn to listen" 3 or 4 players said something similar to Lance. It struck me as odd at the time and when I brought it up it seemed to be a concensus here that they were justjoking around and just playing. I got the vibe that it was serious.

Anyone who remembers it willling to change their stance? This didn't start when he started playing ..... it just became in view of everyone and escalated because he wasn't in practice anymore. It was during a game that mattered. So I understand Lance supporters not believing it just started because he started playing, but the signs were there long before.
    who cares about a irrelvant half time skit

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    who cares about a irrelvant half time skit
    Did you even see it? Or are you just trying to start an argument?

They asked the players to make up a New Years resolution for a teammate.

When 3 or 4 of them say "grow up" or "learn to listen", its quite telling. So I guess I care. If you'd like an answer to your stupid question.

Mood

Did you even see it? Or are you just trying to start an argument?

They asked the players to make up a New Years resolution for a teammate.

When 3 or 4 of them say "grow up" or "learn to listen", its quite telling. So I guess I care. If you'd like an answer to your stupid question.
    who cares yes I saw it I took it as PR bull **** like always. Thoes things are just suppose to be funny little skits. if you look at thoes minor things thats just sad. I want to win I dont care if someone says some irrelvant BS in a media video that most likely was tapped on media day. Im tiered of milk drinkers I want winners. Not pussys like DC and Roy and pretty much our whole team.

who cares yes I saw it I took it as PR bull **** like always. Thoes things are just suppose to be funny little skits. if you look at thoes minor things thats just sad. I want to win I dont care if someone says some irrelvant BS in a media video that most likely was tapped on media day. Im tiered of milk drinkers I want winners. Not pussys like DC and Roy and pretty much our whole team.
    Forgot who I was talking to for a minute. My bad. You know everything. Haven't been around much lately. I forgot.

And by the way, a "PR piece" wouldn't have comments like that.
    Last edited by xBulletproof; 03-12-2011 at 07:41 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Seems like there is a big divide on Lance from this board...

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post

Seems like there is a big divide on Lance from this board...
    Yes sir..

My stance is this; He's got a heck of a lot of learning to do, but the problem with this team is effort and Dahntay and Danny aren't even close to bringing it right now and Lance gives 100% on both sides of the court.

-Lance was playing well and Dahntay got mad because he didn't get him the ball 5/6 times down the floor like AJ Price does. He digged into his defense when ironically Dahntay doesn't play a lick of defense save for 2-3 possesions a game when he locks down. He's more concerned about pounding the ball and scoring in the fourth quarter when games are decided.

-Supposedly Lance ripped into Danny. GOOD! Danny has been the biggest piece of crap lately and before he can lead he needs to be a leader. He needs to play something resembling defense and he does not. Instead Danny and Dahntay ***** to Vogel and gang up on Lance and now Lance doesn't play. Fantastic. Our one point guard with size doesn't play now.

He is the best passer on this team and it isn't close (which says more about how bad Darren/AJ are than anything but whatever). Those who say he is selfish are being silly because he is looking for others all the time; Give it to him and you will get it back. With Collison it is give it to him and he will give it back when he gets trapped.

I'd take someone who can pass and plays with intensity than Darren Collison's apathetic self and AJ Price who looks for his own outside of the offense way more than he used to and is slacking off on defense. Not to even mention that he has no lift on his jump shot.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dohman View Post
    The game is basketball. Watch it and quit worrying about what these guys do on there off times. If you like there style of play then watch. But that is all anyone should judge them on unless your name is larry bird. But again if you are producing who freakin cares.

Indy has shown one thing. They only care about a winner. If the simons want to make money they need to take the risks on knuckle heads. Because most of the time its the knuckle heads that make the best basketball players.

The citizens of Indiana care. It's pretty obvious the last 6 years unless you have had your head buried in the sand.

The Simons allowed that to happen, and then got bit in the *** losing MILIIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars while those knuckleheads ruined what was once a great franchise. It's easy to spend other people's money and make decisions when you have nothing involved but being a fan. I just wish you and others who think "winning at all costs" would just pony up the 300 mil and buy the Pacers, so you can run the Pacers into the ground once and for all!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

Born Ready isn't quite ready!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The citizens of Indiana care. It's pretty obvious the last 6 years unless you have had your head buried in the sand.

The Simons allowed that to happen, and then got bit in the *** losing MILIIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars while those knuckleheads ruined what was once a great franchise. It's easy to spend other people's money and make decisions when you have nothing involved but being a fan. I just wish you and others who think "winning at all costs" would just pony up the 300 mil and buy the Pacers, so you can run the Pacers into the ground once and for all!

Yeah because the fans have supported the team since? Give me a break. The only thing fans care about is winning and the playoffs. The fans will not support a losing team.

So yeah lets give up on players that appear to have talent and can help turn things around every time they may have a character flaw.

Us hardcore fans as we are called will support no matter what. I bleed the blue and gold and have since I started watching baksetball when I was around 5.

So to tell me my head is in the sand because I would like to see the talent developed while we still a losing team. Instead of benching a player that has shown promise on the court and had a arguement with our mentaly soft star that has shown no leadership traits? Yeah sounds like a clear path to developing a winner to me.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dohman For This Useful Post:

Mood

Forgot who I was talking to for a minute. My bad. You know everything. Haven't been around much lately. I forgot.

And by the way, a "PR piece" wouldn't have comments like that.
    P4E is PD's Lance.

Don't worry P4E I still have hope for you. You're young and don't listen to others opinions and think you know it all...but I've seen your posting talents and think you deserve a chance to straighten up.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    P4E is PD's Lance.

Don't worry P4E I still have hope for you. You're young and don't listen to others opinions and think you know it all...but I've seen your posting talents and think you deserve a chance to straighten up.

I am yes.

Stephen jackson. Big part of a spurs championship team

Ron Artest. Not as big as a part but was needed for defense on a championship team

Shawne Williams.. Big part of a winning new york team right now..

mike dunleavy.. big part of teams that have not made it to the playoffs
    You would rather have Shawne Williams the last 4 years than Mike?

What have our non knuckle heads accomplished other than getting all of us to be on edge and bicker about everything.
    Seems to me we had a team for a great number of years made up of non-knuckleheads that fared pretty well. Seems I remember a guy named Miller, a couple guys named Davis, Smits and a few others.

What I'm getting to here is that it seems sometimes people want to lump all "stand-up" guys in with losers, and all morons and "problem children" in with winners. It just doesn't work that way.

If you look back through the history of this league, I think you'll find that most championship teams were led by pretty high quality individuals. Some of them probably even enjoyed a glass of milk or two, in their time. You don't generally see guys with rap (as in legal) sheets as long as their arms being the leaders of those teams. Yeah, those teams might have one player that ranges between being a criminal and just being an idiot, but not in the position of leading the team.

Then you should probably start supporting another team and frequenting another board, because I'm afraid this team is going to continue to frustrate you.