You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Default Re: Isn't it strange

Yeah it is.

But it doesn't suprise me.

RA231

Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that many of the same fans that bash JB for taking years to mature physically are the same fans that say we need to give RA more years to mature emotionally.
    Bender is 23
    Aretest is 26?

Bender is 23
    Artest is 24

Artest is ONLY a year older and is an allstar and DPOY, and Bender well....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

that many of the same fans that bash JB for taking years to mature physically are the same fans that say we need to give RA more years to mature emotionally.
    Bender is 23
    Aretest is 26?
    Um, Artest is only 14 months older than Bender, chief.

And Artest has already accomplished a HELL of a lot more than Bender has, or likely ever will. That tends to gain more support.......

2013 Pacers Digest NBA 2K13 Champion (Xbox 360)

RA231

Even a Detriot fan knew he was only a year older. Next time, look it up before posting. Just a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by RA231
    Even a Detriot fan knew he was only a year older. Next time, look it up before posting. Just a tip.
    On top of that, they entered the NBA in the SAME SEASON.....

And in 5 seasons, Ron has become a Defensive Player of the year, all-NBA 3rd team member, an all-star, and Bender has done what, exactly?

*BTW, Ron is doing this while lacking Bender's height, shooting ability, and on top of that, Artest couldn't jump higher than Bender if he had a trampoline. I'm not a huge fan of Ronnie's lack of composure, but he has done infinately more with a lot less....
    [edit=64=1096174829][/edit]
    [edit=64=1096175034][/edit]

sweabs

They don't call him K-STAT for nothing

What KStat said was dead-on, but there's an even bigger problem with your post.

Please name one person that "bashes JB for taking years to mature physically ... [while saying] we need to give RA more years to mature emotionally."

ONE PERSON, please.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

I think he's physically mature enough to play the SF position. His fundamental play and decision making on the court is what is lacking.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by rcarey
    They don't call him K-STAT for nothing

Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Bender is 23
    Aretest is 26?
    ok, lets rephrase it.

Isn't it strange how many of the same people that bash JB for taking years to mature physically are the SAME people that say we need more time for RA to mature emotionally, even though he's a year older.
    (see it still works)
    No, it doesn't. Nobody's faulting Bender's late growth... it's kinda cool. What they fault are his mental and emotional aspects of the game.

I'll try again. Nobody is saying "Bender sucks because he just now got to 7'1" Wasted pick!" They're sayign "Bender sucks because he has no basketball fundamentals and is scared of pressure!"

Do you actually read other people's posts, or just assume that you know what they're going to say?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Bender is 23
    Aretest is 26?
    ok, lets rephrase it.

Isn't it strange how many of the same people that bash JB for taking years to mature physically are the SAME people that say we need more time for RA to mature emotionally, even though he's a year older.
    (see it still works)
    No, it doesn't. Nobody's faulting Bender's late growth... it's kinda cool. What they fault are his mental and emotional aspects of the game.

I'll try again. Nobody is saying "Bender sucks because he just now got to 7'1" Wasted pick!" They're sayign "Bender sucks because he has no basketball fundamentals and is scared of pressure!"

Do you actually read other people's posts, or just assume that you know what they're going to say?

Just let it go, anthem. Children live in their own world anyway. Let 'em believe what they want to believe.

Don't feed this guy.

I bash JB for just being hyped up. Not because he is immature physically.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Bender is 23
    Aretest is 26?
    ok, lets rephrase it.

(see it still works)
    While Ron Needs to mature emotiionally there is NO Doubt in anyone's mind Ron is and will continue to be a big name in this league. JB emotionally and physically has proved to me nothing , but a consistant bench warmer.

I been waiting for the hype of JB and I still see just a glimpse of something , I personally think the Pacers have invested too much into him , this year is his year and if he falls he should be ousted.

Now before you all go postal on me about Artest , he should earn his way too , and I don't think he will disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    Don't feed this guy.

I bash JB for just being hyped up. Not because he is immature physically.
    Just because he's hyped up? That can't possibly be your only reason, right?

Although that is a good point. The enternal bench warmer, often being ompared to KG.