Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 93

Thread: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Pacers/Toronto postgame thread


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,608

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    We played a lot harder in the second half. That doesn't say a whole lot though.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread


  5. #4
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    We finally saw some emotion from these guys at least. We need to do something about this defense and our rebounding. Helping too much is not only leaving guys open, its putting us in bad spots for rebounding.

  6. #5
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it's something every team goes through

  7. #6

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Well,
    It wasn't as bad as the Minnesota game....


  8. #7

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    I said it in the game thread, there are definitely some positives from this game. Everyone had good stretches, everyone had bad stretches. They made a run. Certainly showed me that the Pacer's chemistry problems have been overblown. All the guys looked fine with each other.

    Need to desperately fix defense (especially interior defense, that was pathetic) and boxing out. We got beat because of how many offensive rebounds we gave up.

    This team needs a win, in the worst way. Hopefully coming together for a bit, as a team, will get them going.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  10. #8
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Things are bad...

  11. #9
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Things are bad...
    But looking better.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But looking better.
    explain? we just lost to the Raptors a 18 win team and there best player shot 1-13.

  14. #11
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Thank God I didn't watch this..

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    There aren't enough suicide smilies on the internet...

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    explain? we just lost to the Raptors a 18 win team and there best player shot 1-13.
    Seriously?! Although they lost you can't deny they gave more effort than the last games. I didn't say things weren't bad still hence the " but" but they were looking better, hence why I said that ,than other games.

  19. #14
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But looking better.
    I'm glad you see it, but I don't. Sorry. We might have lost by less points than Wednesday, but this team looks as disinterested as I've ever seen a team look.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  21. #15
    Thank you, Danny. Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,510

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Vogel looked pretty dejected in that post-game interview. You can tell some of that fresh energy is starting to fade away. I think I even noticed a touch of gray sideburns starting to pop up. He sounded like someone who knew that he wouldn't be returning next season.

    I can't help but feel for him a little bit because of how his one opportunity to make a name for himself is being ruined by a group of unprofessional children.

  22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kuq_e_Zi91 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  23. #16
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,215

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    explain? we just lost to the Raptors a 18 win team and there best player shot 1-13.
    Yeah he shot 1-13 because he had the flu. What's your point?

  24. #17
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuq_e_Zi91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel looked pretty dejected in that post-game interview. You can tell some of that fresh energy is starting to fade away. I think I even noticed a touch of gray sideburns starting to pop up. He sounded like someone who knew that he wouldn't be returning next season.

    I can't help but feel for him a little bit because of how his one opportunity to make a name for himself is being ruined by a group of unprofessional children.
    Agreed. I said that about the gray hair to a guy in my office today.

    Frank kind of chuckled when they brought up next season. He knows this is his shot and I really wish our guys would stand up and play for him. I feel bad for him. I spent two minutes with the guy and the passion/pride he showed was phenomenal.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  26. #18

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm glad you see it, but I don't. Sorry. We might have lost by less points than Wednesday, but this team looks as disinterested as I've ever seen a team look.
    They really didn't.

    Danny particularly didn't.

    Yes, at times they didn't look good. But they looked so much better than they have since the Phoenix game, I have to think Minny was rock bottom.

    Unfortunately..they play the Knicks two times in a row. But they've got a whole day to get themselves together.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah he shot 1-13 because he had the flu. What's your point?
    When your a 18 win team and your best player plays horrible. You should get blown out by 30(us vs the Twolves). But instead we lost to them.

  29. #20
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,844

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really didn't.

    Danny particularly didn't.

    Yes, at times they didn't look good. But they looked so much better than they have since the Phoenix game, I have to think Minny was rock bottom.

    Unfortunately..they play the Knicks two times in a row. But they've got a whole day to get themselves together.
    Have to agree to disagree on this one. Didn't see it.

    The run at the end was better, but still doesn't convince me that they care. Yes, a couple of them do but there were a lot of blank stares on faces throughout the game. Posey smiling and laughing in the huddle late in the 4th. I just didn't see the interest.
    Last edited by BPump33; 03-11-2011 at 11:01 PM.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They really didn't.

    Danny particularly didn't.

    Yes, at times they didn't look good. But they looked so much better than they have since the Phoenix game, I have to think Minny was rock bottom.

    Unfortunately..they play the Knicks two times in a row. But they've got a whole day to get themselves together.
    If that is a "much better" effort then we might not win another game the rest of the year im so

  32. #22
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,932

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously?! Although they lost you can't deny they gave more effort than the last games. I didn't say things weren't bad still hence the " but" but they were looking better, hence why I said that ,than other games.
    It's always darkest just before it's pitch black.

  33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,899

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is a "much better" effort then we might not win another game the rest of the year im so
    No, thats how bad the Minnesota game was.

    I definitely saw some emotion from this team in the 4th quarter. Hibbert being in foul trouble all game really hurt us in rebounding and defense. I know neither are his strengths, but having him down low would have made things more difficult for Barbosa and he is just a big guy that by default will help rebounds. Offense looked way better too.

  35. #24
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's always darkest just before it's pitch black.
    Thought pitch black was darkest.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to LA_Confidential For This Useful Post:


  37. #25

    Default Re: Pacers/Toronto postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is a "much better" effort then we might not win another game the rest of the year im so
    Collison played the best half of basketball he's played in a VERY long time. He even played defense two or three times.

    Danny bounced back well, he showed some intensity, played some defense.

    The ball movement was good in the fourth, and we had a few good defensive possessions.

    Another biggie was the guys seemed fine, chemistry wise (although very "down")

    I didn't come away frustrated with the entire team this time. I thought we lost because of mental mistakes and not effort.

    defense is the biggest thing we need to fix, that and rebounding.

    really, everyone needs to chill. This board has more emotional ups and downs than Roy Hibbert.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-11-2011 at 11:13 PM.

  38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •