Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadspin: Patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Accused of Shooting Two Men During Brawl

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Deadspin: Patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Accused of Shooting Two Men During Brawl

New England Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather allegedly shot two men, one of them in the head, during a fight on Feb. 27 outside a house party in Apopka, Fla., according to John Morgan, attorney for the victims.

The trouble started at the Blue Jeans Lounge in Apokpa when a friend of Meriweather's allegedly beat up a woman, according to Morgan. The woman's brother arrived later with his own friend, and the conflagration shifted to a nearby party, where the brother soon got the better of Meriweather's friend in a fight. That's when Meriweather allegedly pulled out his gun and fired at the brother, grazing the man's face and hitting the other victim in the head, according to Morgan.

http://deadspin.com/#!5780444/patrio...n-during-brawl

Default Re: Deadspin: Patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Accused of Shooting Two Men During Brawl

Whoa
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Deadspin: Patriots Safety Brandon Meriweather Accused of Shooting Two Men During Brawl

Nothing says character like two counts of attempted murder in an effort to clean house for your woman beating friend.

Can't wait until the Patriot Brigade chimes in to make sure we all don't rush to judgement before getting all the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing says character like two counts of attempted murder in an effort to clean house for your woman beating friend.

Can't wait until the Patriot Brigade chimes in to make sure we all don't rush to judgement before getting all the facts.

We're not exactly ones to talk or have you forgotten about Marvin Harrison?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow....A dirty hitter and a he busts caps.
    And the walls came tumbling down.....

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    We're not exactly ones to talk or have you forgotten about Marvin Harrison?
    A guy who wasn't an employee of the Colts anymore when his events went down?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post

He was still a Colt when it happened(allegedly)

Fortunately thought many have forgotten about it since well he's no longer in the league.

And with the lockout people are going to forget this too.

Sounds like that meeting of the Apopka Mensa Society didn't go as planned.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    Patriots fans have long wanted him traded for being an undisciplined freelancer on D even though he was a ridiculously underserved pro bowler. The thinking was "sell high".

Now they want him released as soon as allowable under a new CBA. A poll at one fan site was 90%-10% in favor of him being released ASAP regardless of whether he faces prison time or not.

So your wait will go on. Satisfied?

Yeah he was. That happened in April 08 and Harrison's last season for us was the following one.

My mistake, I don't remember him playing at all that fall. Probably because Marvin's really spectacular moments often over shadowed his moments of completely mediocrity.

My mistake, I don't remember him playing at all that fall. Probably because Marvin's really spectacular moments often over shadowed his moments of completely mediocrity.

I can see where you wouldn't remember him playing in 2008 because he was only there in name and number. He was absolutely worthless that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I can see where you wouldn't remember him playing in 2008 because he was only there in name and number. He was absolutely worthless that year.
    I honestly think as I start to peel back the layers of Marvin's career, that he is one of the more overrated Colts of the Manning era.

I honestly think as I start to peel back the layers of Marvin's career, that he is one of the more overrated Colts of the Manning era.
    I feel you may have this backwards. I feel like Marvin and Edge were so good that they made Peyton look better than he was early in his career. Manning is a great QB now, but he had some warts early in his career that had nothing to do with the people surrounding him. I haven't forgotten all the 60 yard bombs off of play-action passes that Peyton got to throw to Marvin when he was 2 steps ahead of his defender. Those plays were all about the receiver's speed and the threat of the run. All the QB has to do is hit the target.

I agree with you on Edge. I don't know about Marvin though. Like I said I think we remember all his big plays and his big days. There were a lot of times when Marvin was very pedestrian.

I really, really disagree. Marvin was a hell of a receiver before his knee injury.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:

I thought that for years actually people seem to forget that he was on this team before Manning and we barely knew he existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    I thought that for years actually people seem to forget that he was on this team before Manning and we barely knew he existed.

Harrison's first two seasons in the league (96 and 97 before Manning came) were solid.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...Ma00.htm?redir

64/836/8 in rookie year
    73/866/6 in second.

That's pretty good, especially when a past-his-prime Jim Harbaugh is throwing you the football.

And the dude was incredible in the prime of his career. Fast, ran perfect routes, and had an incredible chemistry with Manning. Those two always knew what the other was thinking and that is a testament to the work they put in together. Harrison wasn't physical, but he really couldn't be at his size. He was smart and always knew when to go straight to the ground to avoid a hit. He avoided injury until 2007 when he had that freak one that basically ended his career (Addai running into Harrison and causing him to fall on his knee). In 2006 Harrison was still the best receiver in the NFL and he wouldn't have sucked so drastically had that bizarre injury not happened. His game was built on speed and precision routes and from 99-06 no one did it better.

Manning definitely helped Harrison's stats tremendously, but Harrison would have been a beast with any competent Quarterback.

I loved from 04-06 when we had Reggie and Marvin both playing at pro-bowl levels with a Manning in his prime. That was something.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 03-15-2011 at 10:43 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

That injury was a killer. I remember thinking Marvin had a few high-level years left in him before he got hurt. He just could never recover from that.

Somehow people never noticed Harrison's lesser postseason numbers much, but he was a great regular season player, all-pro, all-world., HOF-caliber. There's no debating that, really.

Harrison's playoff numbers are definitely the weak spot on his resume. But he does have a couple memorable moments (getting up and running into the endzone when no one on Denver touched him and that beautiful two point conversion catch against New England in the AFC Championship game).

I think the game just gets a tad more physical in the postseason and that didn't work in Harrison's favor. That's why Reggie was always Peyton's favorite target come playoff time.

I guess I'm just saying that when we remember Marvin and Reggie and someone says you have one catch to absolutely, positively win a game, who are you throwing it to? I'm going to Reggie.

Marvin. Marvin was more surehanded then Reggie. I actually remember Marvin catching one of the best catches I've ever seen against the Titans in (I think) 2005.

I wish I could find a clip of it.

I guess I'm just saying that when we remember Marvin and Reggie and someone says you have one catch to absolutely, positively win a game, who are you throwing it to? I'm going to Reggie.
    I'm throwing to Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by righteouscool View Post
    Marvin. Marvin was more surehanded then Reggie. I actually remember Marvin catching one of the best catches I've ever seen against the Titans in (I think) 2005.

I wish I could find a clip of it.
    Yeah, but that was one spectacular catch. Reggie has been much more reliable in big moments IMO.