Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to trade Granger

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Time to trade Granger

Sorry, but this team is going nowhere with Granger as the best player, and last night was proof. We should not be losing to the Bucks at home when their best player is out. I don't care if they were a playoff team last year. We got schooled in the fourth quarter by John Salmons and Brandon Jennings. Granger is supposed to be better than those guys, but he didn't do anything in the fourth quarter. If Granger is a leader, he would have willed the Pacers to the win in a close game. Instead, he got out played by inferior competition.

We need to trade Danny while he still has value. Lets build around Hibbert, Collison, and George. We could probably get a decent veteran or two that could help teach Hibbert and company how to win.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Time to trade Granger

Child please!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trey For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

No, its not time to trade Granger.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Give me a break.

I know you're frustrated with his recent play, but chill out please. We're not trading him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I believe part of it is not wanting to play for the coach. I could be wrong..... but he also has gotten lazy on offense and defense. But I wouldnt say trade him......
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Wow.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe part of it is not wanting to play for the coach. I could be wrong..... but he also has gotten lazy on offense and defense. But I wouldnt say trade him......
    He has and I think he's just in a "lazy slump".

Danny usually snaps out of it within a week and has a big 25+ point game and steps up defensively.

I might be tough for him to snap out of it against Melo.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    I might be tough for him to snap out of it against Melo.
    Why? Melo doesn't know how to play defense. The last 2 years Danny has killed Denver, he always has good games against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    Why? Melo doesn't know how to play defense. The last 2 years Danny has killed Denver, he always has good games against them.
    I'm not saying Danny won't kill Denver.

I think because he's matching up with Melo, Danny's going to step up big and score over 25 points and also step up the defense.

He must.

I'm not saying I'm ready to trade him yet, but "lazy slump"? He's getting paid a lot of money to have a lazy slump. He had a lazy slump all summer called the world championships.

Not impressed.
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

"Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

Since this topic has been brought up in the past I will respond with what i have said before. You trade players to get something in return of value. When a player is not going to help your team achieve their desired goal then trade him for pieces that will. If you said I want to trade Granger for Jefferson straight up I would have said no thank you, but if you said here is a young prospect with a smaller contract with a 1st round high draft pick I seriously would think about it.
    JOB is a silly man

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhondog28 For This Useful Post:

I think at this point the only person I would consider "untouchable" is Roy, and even then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaufman View Post
    I'm not saying I'm ready to trade him yet, but "lazy slump"? He's getting paid a lot of money to have a lazy slump. He had a lazy slump all summer called the world championships.

Not impressed.
    Exactly. I'm not necessarily ready to trade him yet, either, but I have to admit that I'm beginning to move closer and closer to that idea. How much longer will it be acceptable for him to be in a slump? How much longer can people make excuses for him? If this is what we get out of Danny for the rest of his career, at what point will everyone unanimously begin to complain that we should have traded him when the value was high?

Quote Originally Posted by sportfireman View Post
    I believe part of it is not wanting to play for the coach.

i hear ya sfm, but still, agh. part of being a good/great player is adaptability. play the system. you're getting paid to do so. if you don't like the coach then don't sign the extension or contract. nobody is holding a gun to your head.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaas0532 View Post
    Sorry, but this team is going nowhere with Granger as the best player, and last night was proof. We should not be losing to the Bucks at home when their best player is out. I don't care if they were a playoff team last year. We got schooled in the fourth quarter by John Salmons and Brandon Jennings. Granger is supposed to be better than those guys, but he didn't do anything in the fourth quarter. If Granger is a leader, he would have willed the Pacers to the win in a close game. Instead, he got out played by inferior competition.

We need to trade Danny while he still has value. Lets build around Hibbert, Collison, and George. We could probably get a decent veteran or two that could help teach Hibbert and company how to win.
    this doesn't sound too crazy really....maybe a little far fetched and won't happen but it's not a bad idea

imo its getting to that point. people need to realize that danny isn't a superstar-caliber player. he's not going to a carry a team to the playoffs on his back, and isn't going to will a team to win close games. now, does he need a little bit more around him? yes. but i don't see danny as even a reggie-type player. there's a reason melo cp3 and amare want to team up this summer and its because they, like danny, aren't able to win a title by themselves so they team up and immediately play on a top-5 team.

Just for fun - any ideas on what player/picks we would expect in return for Danny Granger's "talents"?

That is another tricky part of this equation, I presume you look for a power forward or two guard with the idea of plugging PG into the three spot.

Al Horford?

Quote Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
    imo its getting to that point. people need to realize that danny isn't a superstar-caliber player. he's not going to a carry a team to the playoffs on his back, and isn't going to will a team to win close games. now, does he need a little bit more around him? yes. but i don't see danny as even a reggie-type player. there's a reason melo cp3 and amare want to team up this summer and its because they, like danny, aren't able to win a title by themselves so they team up and immediately play on a top-5 team.
    Interestingly, you notice that none of these guys mention Danny as a guy they'd like to team up with. Indiana is going to have cap space so if Danny were respected amongst his peers, I would imagine his name would be in the buzz.

I would be curious of what other NBA players think of Danny when the microphone isn't in their faces.

I realize that we aren't a destination city, but back in the 90's, when we were good, there were free agents and the like that were interested in coming here.

Interestingly, you notice that none of these guys mention Danny as a guy they'd like to team up with. Indiana is going to have cap space so if Danny were respected amongst his peers, I would imagine his name would be in the buzz.

I would be curious of what other NBA players think of Danny when the microphone isn't in their faces.

I realize that we aren't a destination city, but back in the 90's, when we were good, there were free agents and the like that were interested in coming here.
    danny simply isn't as good as those guys, but i was using them as examples. if you're any of the three of them, would you rather play with danny granger in indianapolis, indiana or the other two in NYC? no decision even has to be made there.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Unhappy Re: Time to trade Granger

Quote Originally Posted by tikitomoka View Post
    I've always said Danny is a Pippen type player. Robin built the Batcave now we need Batman......lol.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Right now, Robin is laying an egg.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Just for fun - any ideas on what player/picks we would expect in return for Danny Granger's "talents"?

That is another tricky part of this equation, I presume you look for a power forward or two guard with the idea of plugging PG into the three spot.

Al Horford?
    I would take Horford for Granger in a second. Doubt Atlanta would be willing to make that deal, but they'd probably offer up Smith.

I'm really disappointed. I honestly thought he was going to play with a chip on his shoulder this season; an unmatched intensity.

He's not a bad player. He's just not what I think we thought he was.

To mention him and Scottie Pippen in the same sentence? Deplorable. Its not fair to Pippen.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

We're a building a TEAM, not a SUPERSTAR.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post: