Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 76

Thread: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

  1. #26

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    LMAO at all of you who keep saying "I don't care what he has done to his body over the offseason" because you would all be the first to rip him if you heard he was only 6'11" and 200lbs coming into camp.

    This really helps Bender with his post D. Since we are in the EC I would love to see alot of Bender and O'neal as the bigs. Bender would really help free up O'neal down low more so than Foster, Pollard and even Croshere. Because Bender is so long and athletic, his man can't even cheat a little because he would cut to the hoop and JO could simply toss him the ball. Like with KG, once he gets the angle on you, goodnight.

    This is all assuming Bender stays at 240 and can play through the pain. The thing is, this year the team needs him. Last year and the year before we didn't because we had Ron and Al. I think Bird traded away Al knowing fully that he had a player waiting to explode on the bench. Bender won't sit out with nagging little injuries anymore. I am sure that JO, Ron and even Reggie won't stand for that because now they need him.

    Worst Case Scenario: Bender slightly improves but still misses quite a few games leaving SJax and FJ more time.

    Best Case Scenario: Bender holds his own and finds his groove with CONSISTENT PT while he fills Al's role as 6th man playing SF/PF and some C.

  2. #27
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,436

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MSA2CF
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does Kevin Garnett weigh and measure at?
    Nba.com has him at 6'11" and 240


  3. #28
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    What would be the most terrifying headliness in the NBA?

    "Bender reportedly learns to bounce-pass"

    "Bender finally learns how to set a screen"

    "Bender is pump-faked and DOESN'T jump 3 feet in the air."

    "Bender learns how to outlet pass"

    "Bender adds a jump-hook to his game."

    "Bender actually goes through a whole game WITHOUT turning the ball over against a trap"


    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  4. #29

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    or "Bender goes through an entire game......an ENTIRE GAME!"

    or "Bender plays more than he sits!"
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  5. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would be the most terrifying headliness in the NBA?

    "Bender reportedly learns to bounce-pass"

    "Bender finally learns how to set a screen"

    "Bender is pump-faked and DOESN'T jump 3 feet in the air."

    "Bender learns how to outlet pass"

    "Bender adds a jump-hook to his game."

    "Bender actually goes through a whole game WITHOUT turning the ball over against a trap"

    Admit it, we could say the same thing about 70% of the players in the NBA now.

    Mark me down with the few that believe this will be Bender's breakout year. I think he has been coming out of his shell (terrible introvert) and is gaining more confidence.

    If 5.1 doesn't come around I promise I'll stop worshiping the guy.

    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  6. #31
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What would be the most terrifying headliness in the NBA?

    "Bender reportedly learns to bounce-pass"

    "Bender finally learns how to set a screen"

    "Bender is pump-faked and DOESN'T jump 3 feet in the air."

    "Bender learns how to outlet pass"

    "Bender adds a jump-hook to his game."

    "Bender actually goes through a whole game WITHOUT turning the ball over against a trap"

    Admit it, we could say the same thing about 70% of the players in the NBA now.

    Mark me down with the few that believe this will be Bender's breakout year. I think he has been coming out of his shell (terrible introvert) and is gaining more confidence.

    If 5.1 doesn't come around I promise I'll stop worshiping the guy.
    First of all, thats a poor excuse, and secondly, nobody thats been a bender fanatic thusfar is going to suddenly stop beign one if he has another subpar season.

    Yeah, some NBA players lack some of the above skills, bur Bender is one of the very few that lacks ALL of them.....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Sorry to have a little fun there Kstat. How many games have you seen Bender play (and no don't throw in he's injured so much not many)? How do you know he doesn't know how to make a bounce pass? Has he ever been fooled on a pump fake (sure has). Has he ever swatted the hell out of someone's shot (you better believe it)? He's been forced to play on the perimeter (coaches decision I believe) so should he be throwing up hook shots from the outside? Bottom line here is if Bender is NOT doing what the Pacer staff has asked of him or have the faith he is making progress then he would have been long gone.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  8. #33
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Sorry to have a little fun there Kstat. How many games have you seen Bender play (and no don't throw in he's injured so much not many)?
    Over the last two years, as many as anyone else here.

    how do you know he doesn't know how to make a bounce pass?
    Um...because he's never done it before?

    Has he ever been fooled on a pump fake
    Has he ever NOT been fooled ona pump fake?

    Has he ever swatted the hell out of someone's shot
    Well yeah, classic allen Iverson theory. If you jump up every time soneone moves their head, you're eventually going to block SOMETHING....

    He's been forced to play on the perimeter (coaches decision I believe) so should he be throwing up hook shots from the outside?
    If he had any clue whatsoever how to play in the post, do you honestly think they'd be sticking him 25 feet from the basket? He's 7 feet tall for christ's sake.....they dont stick him there because they want to.....

    Bottom line here is if Bender is NOT doing what the Pacer staff has asked of him or have the faith he is making progress then he would have been long gone.
    ...and if Bender wasn't the 5th pick in the draft, he would have been long gone.

    I think Donnie Walsh would rather cut off his right arm than admit he made a mistake in trading AD for Bender.....Bender isn't going anywhere.

    For anyone who's given an honest look at Bender, you just have to look at his mannerisms. He's at his best when he's the 5th guy on the court, and he can roam around and make plays with no pressure. But in high-pressure situations, when defenses begin to focus in on him, his eyes get big as saucers, and he gets this huge deer-in-the-headlights look. Typically, thats when he makes a bad mental mistake.
    [edit=64=1096147400][/edit]
    [edit=64=1096147792][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  9. #34
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Amazing how KStat can type so much, and manage to say nothing at all.

  10. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Frankfort, IN
    Posts
    9,096

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am shocked by the level of skepticism and cynicism when it comes to Bender.
    Skepticism? I'm very confident that he can continue to average 7 pts and 3 rebounds/game.

    I entirely believe what I've seen. Not Skeptical about it at all. I very much doubt that it's a fluke.
    I seem to recall you saying that Bender could become an impact player if he gave up on the perimeter player idea and focused on working the paint.

    You may be proven right.
    I've said I think it's his only shot at becoming an impact player - but he has to have an affinity for it - not mind phyisical play, be able to battle for post position, etc.. So far I haven't seen it.

    Plus he's chronically injured so it's probably irrelevant.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

  11. #36
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing how KStat can type so much, and manage to say nothing at all.

    Okay, I wrote a response, but it has disappeared.

    I'm short on time, so I'll just say your constant bashing of KStat is getting old really, people can be fans of other teams, have different opinions.

    [edit=424=1096154840][/edit]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  12. #37
    Banned Destined4Greatness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,668

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Hey I hate Bender more than Kstat I am 100% sure of that, he just didn't say anything. And you bash me, saying that it is getting old how I bash him. You state people should be able to have their own opinions. But you bash me for stating an opinion.

    Guess what that makes you, a hypocrite, as I have told you before.

    Little tip, when you suggest somebody not do something, don't do it at the same time.

  13. #38
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.

  14. #39
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hey I hate Bender more than Kstat I am 100% sure of that, he just didn't say anything. And you bash me, saying that it is getting old how I bash him. You state people should be able to have their own opinions. But you bash me for stating an opinion.

    Guess what that makes you, a hypocrite, as I have told you before.

    Little tip, when you suggest somebody not do something, don't do it at the same time.
    Okay man, whatever you say. I'm tired of this, you keep coming with thi hypocrite stuff, whatever. I'm out.



    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  15. #40
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.
    Kstats constantly hounding Pacers is getting old.

    The offseason is getting old.

    Let's play the games!
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  16. #41

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Kstat is actually right about Bender for the most part because Bender hasn't really played much and the time he has, he isn't really good playing under the focus of the defense.

    BTW: In Bender's defense about not playing in the post, he probably never really had to. A senior on the local HS b-ball team was a 5'11 point guard his freshmen season. That year he grew 4 inches and grew to 6'7 his junior year. So him being a point guard before he had great perminter skills and not so great post skills. Compared to the center, 6'7, a skilled post player who has played down there most of his playing days.

    My point is Bender may have hit a late growth spurt or something. I'm not saying he grew a foot in HS but maybe he wasn't always the talest when he first started bball and worked on his perminter skills. Just because he is not the fantasy 7 foot post playing center doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Just ask Kevin Garnett.

  17. #42
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.
    Kstats constantly hounding Pacers is getting old.
    ....and yet somehow strangely accurate......

    btw, people may wonder why I never respond to people throwing thoughtless insults my way. Its because simply, they arent worth my time. I post lucid and thoughtful arguments, and all the above posters can respond with is, "Um,...er.....pistons suck....baaaaah"

    Its been so long since someone actually responded with ACTUAL THOUGHT, I'm beginning to wonder.....

    Maybe they're just mad because simply, they'll never be as good as I am, and they know it. I think every insult they throw my way just further reinforces my belief in that matter.

    SIG, Hicks, you dont need to stick up for me, just let them display their little 12-year old rants for the whole forum to at. The longtimers on this forum can respond to each other like civilized adults, like we usually do.
    [edit=64=1096173497][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  18. #43
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rommie
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kstat is actually right about Bender for the most part because Bender hasn't really played much and the time he has, he isn't really good playing under the focus of the defense.

    BTW: In Bender's defense about not playing in the post, he probably never really had to. A senior on the local HS b-ball team was a 5'11 point guard his freshmen season. That year he grew 4 inches and grew to 6'7 his junior year. So him being a point guard before he had great perminter skills and not so great post skills. Compared to the center, 6'7, a skilled post player who has played down there most of his playing days.

    My point is Bender may have hit a late growth spurt or something. I'm not saying he grew a foot in HS but maybe he wasn't always the talest when he first started bball and worked on his perminter skills. Just because he is not the fantasy 7 foot post playing center doesn't mean it is a bad thing. Just ask Kevin Garnett.
    I agre with most of that except that Kevin Garnett DOES have a very polished post game. He just isn't very overpowering.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  19. #44
    flexible and robust SoupIsGood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Lappy Go Hucky
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,540

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    btw, people may wonder why I never respond to people throwing thoughtless insults my way. Its because simply, they arent worth my time
    How did this guy win Poster you love to hate. What class.

    Two thumbs up for KStat. I'm not good enough to ignore silly comments. I think it's the excessive boredom of the offseason and end of summer, I need something to write/do.



    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

  20. #45
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    How did this guy win Poster you love to hate. What class.
    Well, the eastern conference finals had a lot to do with that..... I knew when we won game 6 that i'd be a shoe-in for the award.....

    As I recall, the nominees were me and three guys that have since been banned from this forum...

    If the Knicks upset Indy next year, I figure Rimfire will win the award hands-down....
    [edit=64=1096178117][/edit]

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  21. #46

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    All I know is that Jon first dunked a ball in the 8th grade.

    I learned that at a Pacers game.

  22. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,311

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.
    Kstats constantly hounding Pacers is getting old.
    ....and yet somehow strangely accurate......

    btw, people may wonder why I never respond to people throwing thoughtless insults my way. Its because simply, they arent worth my time. I post lucid and thoughtful arguments, and all the above posters can respond with is, "Um,...er.....pistons suck....baaaaah"

    Its been so long since someone actually responded with ACTUAL THOUGHT, I'm beginning to wonder.....

    Maybe they're just mad because simply, they'll never be as good as I am, and they know it. I think every insult they throw my way just further reinforces my belief in that matter.

    SIG, Hicks, you dont need to stick up for me, just let them display their little 12-year old rants for the whole forum to at. The longtimers on this forum can respond to each other like civilized adults, like we usually do.

    Well I didn't mean for this to turn into some pissing contest. Call it blind loyalty or whatever but yes I believe Bender will make an impact this season. Honestly if you need me to point out a specific thing he has done this off season I simply can't. I haven't been to any practices, or there when he's lifting, etc.
    ATTENTION: This is not a slam against anyone and does not make me an expert....My faith or belief comes from being a parent and watching how my kids have grown and their friends matured over the years. It is amazing how just a year can make a difference and I think Bender is finally at that point. Bender's maturity level will make the difference this year.
    [edit=346=1096206399][/edit]
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  23. #48
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,814

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!




    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  24. #49
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,737

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.
    Kstats constantly hounding Pacers is getting old.
    ....and yet somehow strangely accurate......

    btw, people may wonder why I never respond to people throwing thoughtless insults my way. Its because simply, they arent worth my time. I post lucid and thoughtful arguments, and all the above posters can respond with is, "Um,...er.....pistons suck....baaaaah"

    Its been so long since someone actually responded with ACTUAL THOUGHT, I'm beginning to wonder.....

    Maybe they're just mad because simply, they'll never be as good as I am, and they know it. I think every insult they throw my way just further reinforces my belief in that matter.

    SIG, Hicks, you dont need to stick up for me, just let them display their little 12-year old rants for the whole forum to at. The longtimers on this forum can respond to each other like civilized adults, like we usually do.

    Well I didn't mean for this to turn into some pissing contest. Call it blind loyalty or whatever but yes I believe Bender will make an impact this season. Honestly if you need me to point out a specific thing he has done this off season I simply can't. I haven't been to any practices, or there when he's lifting, etc.
    ATTENTION: This is not a slam against anyone and does not make me an expert....My faith or belief comes from being a parent and watching how my kids have grown and their friends matured over the years. It is amazing how just a year can make a difference and I think Bender is finally at that point. Bender's maturity level will make the difference this year.
    Don't sweat it, RWB, I wasn't referring to you.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  25. #50
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: If this is true - look out NBA!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerMan
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Constantly hounding Kstat is getting old. If you disagree, try stating your own opinion, instead of just bashing his.
    Kstats constantly hounding Pacers is getting old.
    This is also true. A lot of cynicism thrown the Pacers way lately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •