Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bender now 7'1, and 240 pounds.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Bender now 7'1, and 240 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not saying its not happening, I'm saying that I couldnt be more unimpressed. Its not like his BRAIN grew with the rest of his body.....
    Actually, this is the part that may encourage me.
    Maybe the reason he's so pitiful on the mental end is because he's slow to mature there just as he is with his height.

I've never been excited about Bender. But maybe he'll become a late mental bloomer as well.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Bender's best position is SF, we might as well cut/trade him now. He's 7'1", 240 lbs. He doesn't have SF skills and that's not a SF's body.

Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@Section204
    If Bender's best position is SF, we might as well cut/trade him now. He's 7'1", 240 lbs. He doesn't have SF skills and that's not a SF's body.
    Thats what I've been saying all along. Bender should learn the PF position.

Making him play SF is a total waste of his career. He sits outside the arc all game and hoists threes. Thats a total waste of his talent.

I sometimes wonder how Larry Brown would affect his game. I know he'd handcuff Bender to the paint and force him to get familiar with it, but what else....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I think Bender best position is power forward in todays NBA. And if you look at the Pacers roster there will be more minutes available at power forward than at small forward because I expect Jackson will get most of the backup minutes at small forward. Artest plays about 37-38 minutes per game anyway so there isn't much time there.

Last season AL played more minutes at power forward anyway.

I expect to see Bender and J.O as the Pacers two big guys for long stretches of game.

Though, when Bender gets injured, who will be backup PF?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Croshere.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mr. Simpson...paging Mr. Simpson...

You know, KStat, that looks suspiciously like a jump hook that Bender's putting over Wallace up there.

The enlarged brain is working already!
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRat
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    Its not like his BRAIN grew with the rest of his body.....
    Too bad for you and Ben Wallace you're wrong. After a summer of crossword puzzles, cranium games and LeapPad books, Bender 's melon is now Charlie Brown-sized..........

vetta:
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)