Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Okay...let me clarify that......what PF is REALISTICALLY AVAILABLE that fits that profile of a PF that compliments Hibbert that we can acquire during the offseason?

Josh Smith is untouchable....and even if he was the realistic cost of acquiring him would cost us a MINIMUM of PG.
    This is another thing we need to realize. Not every NBA player in the league is available at all times, and even if they are its usually unrealistic to get them.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

I think it's time to throw a hail mary pass.

Start Lance and Paul George. Bench DC, or have him split minutes with AJ.

The remaining games will be a roller coaster, but we may just a win a few. If so, then we'd have a puncher's chance of doing something in the playoffs.

I don't think we have a puncher's chance of anything right now.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Okay...let me clarify that......what PF is REALISTICALLY AVAILABLE that fits that profile of a PF that compliments Hibbert that we can acquire during the offseason?

Josh Smith is untouchable....and even if he was the realistic cost of acquiring him would cost us a MINIMUM of PG.
    Realistically available? Nobody. Nobody is a perfect fit for this roster that we could likely attain via trades or free agency. It's part of the reason I'm a little mystified by people being so darn picky about who we get. I understand not wanting to overpay someone like David West who has age concerns, but people are nitpicking him not being "smash mouth" or his rebounding or what not, when in all likelihood, he's the best most realistic option out there for us. On the court, I'd love for us to get Zach Randolph. Yeah, his defense is sub-par, but he is a freaking beast otherwise. Obviously, due to his off the court issues, he isn't a viable solution here, either.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    [/B]

So he can not only make Miami a better team(according to Seth) but he can also be a point guard? Damn
    I realize you worship Tyler Hanbrough and thus the negative attitude towards Josh, but if you don't think he has the skills to make a better point guard than Danny Granger (which is all I said) you are letting your bias distract you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    I realize you worship Tyler Hanbrough and thus the negative attitude towards Josh, but if you don't think he has the skills to make a better point guard than Danny Granger (which is all I said) you are letting your bias distract you.
    I worship Tyler? please find a post were I say that Tyler could help Miami better than Bosh or that he is the next Lamar Odom, I don't even think that Tyler is starting material, trust me I like Josh but is hard to like the guy when you guys keep telling us how amazing he is while trashing the other players on the team, all this Josh talk is getting ridiculous and out of control from your side I think.