Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 130

Thread: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

  1. #76
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Josh and Rush can play together, if our other three are playing well and scoring well.

    They haven't been, so Josh and Rush become a problem
    Exactly. They are fine. Tonight Rush did 2 things wrong - he bit on some jab steps by KMart and sometimes went under screens and got burned for it. Josh was great till near the very end when it was long since over.

    The problem is 100% that DC, Roy and Danny are HORRIBLE as your main scorers right now. Roy is just lost, DC makes bad choices and can't hit shots (or slow down any opposing PGs) and Danny is way, way off his game.

    Rush and Josh are your COMPLIMENTARY players. Blaming them is like blaming catsup for your s**** hamburger. The complimentary guys can make things better, but they aren't there to be the main guy.

    Who was the scoring machine next to Reggie at the 3? It WAS Person or Detlef and they were traded. Why? Because the old saying is there aren't enough balls to go around out there.

    Look at the scoring and shooting numbers coming from a WING and PF right now. Now go pull up the numbers on the scoring/FG% (and assists) from a WING (McKey) and PF (Dale) when you had Jax, Reggie and Rik starting.

    You didn't say you needed to upgrade Dale when Reggie was lighting it up or Rik was rolling.


    You can swap Rush for a big scorer, but then you'll need to trade Granger too. You can't have all 5 starters taking 16 FGAs, it's just not realistic.

    Freaking Josh went 6-11 and that wasn't enough offense for some of you? That's just plain dumb, that's NOT RATIONAL basketball thinking. Not when your all-star, Team USA scoring machine is going 4-13 right next to him.



    BTW, you guys jocking for Paul to start, he got SMOKED by Jason Terry the other night and got burned not just by Martin but by Lee too. And Lance...well I don't know if he understands why there are two goals on the court.

    I don't mind this from either of them at this point because they are developing, and Paul especially made several good plays as well. But how the F you see the games from them and say they need to start because then things will go well when things weren't going well with them out there for long stretches is beyond me.

    Grass is greener for some people I suppose.

  2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #77

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Youth = Inconsistency

    Typically it's little mistakes that blow up into bad plays, especially sloppy offense or poor shot selection that becomes transition offense. Like Tyler getting stuffed to the floor tonight, goes the other way and Tyler commits the foul. Or Lance throwing that horrible pass right to the Rockets.

    And Roy could be a whole book on inconsistency himself.


    You don't get better for free. It's a long grind.
    Thanks for the sanity. Really.

    I think there are some changes that need to be made, but I understand why Vogel doesn't want to shift around starting lineups, and he wants to make sure all the young guys play..and loves Dahntay. But I think the rotation is too big.

    I also think that you have to find an inbetween with going easy on the guys and being a dictator.

    Maybe not start the "goons" ..but heck, if yet another game goes by where the starters get down early..why not start them to begin the second half. That's what just about every college coach would do. My point is, the young guys don't learn anything if you don't let them do anything, but they also don't learn anything if you enable them to do the wrong things repeatedly.

  4. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly. They are fine. Tonight Rush did 2 things wrong - he bit on some jab steps by KMart and sometimes went under screens and got burned for it. Josh was great till near the very end when it was long since over.

    The problem is 100% that DC, Roy and Danny are HORRIBLE as your main scorers right now. Roy is just lost, DC makes bad choices and can't hit shots (or slow down any opposing PGs) and Danny is way, way off his game.

    Rush and Josh are your COMPLIMENTARY players. Blaming them is like blaming catsup for your s**** hamburger. The complimentary guys can make things better, but they aren't there to be the main guy.

    Who was the scoring machine next to Reggie at the 3? It WAS Person or Detlef and they were traded. Why? Because the old saying is there aren't enough balls to go around out there.

    Look at the scoring and shooting numbers coming from a WING and PF right now. Now go pull up the numbers on the scoring/FG% (and assists) from a WING (McKey) and PF (Dale) when you had Jax, Reggie and Rik starting.

    You didn't say you needed to upgrade Dale when Reggie was lighting it up or Rik was rolling.


    You can swap Rush for a big scorer, but then you'll need to trade Granger too. You can't have all 5 starters taking 16 FGAs, it's just not realistic.

    Freaking Josh went 6-11 and that wasn't enough offense for some of you? That's just plain dumb, that's NOT RATIONAL basketball thinking. Not when your all-star, Team USA scoring machine is going 4-13 right next to him.



    BTW, you guys jocking for Paul to start, he got SMOKED by Jason Terry the other night and got burned not just by Martin but by Lee too. And Lance...well I don't know if he understands why there are two goals on the court.

    I don't mind this from either of them at this point because they are developing, and Paul especially made several good plays as well. But how the F you see the games from them and say they need to start because then things will go well when things weren't going well with them out there for long stretches is beyond me.

    Grass is greener for some people I suppose.
    Rush and Josh are role players we need to upgrade the staring postions. We need guys who are good both ways and have more talent. Josh and Rush most likely wont be here going forward should be intersting to see what we do.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-06-2011 at 01:35 AM.

  5. #79

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Remember back when we had JOB and everyone would say losing wouldn't hurt so bad if we got to see the young players play and develop?

    Well welcome to the young players developing

    This is what we're going to get...they aren't going to be consistent, they are going to make a lots of mistake, it's all part of learning how to play in this league.

    We played 3 teams better than us on the road. Is losing 3 in a row that surprising to anyone? Sure it would have been nice to steal 1, but it didn't happen. It's not the end of the world.

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:


  7. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by thefeistyone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Remember back when we had JOB and everyone would say losing wouldn't hurt so bad if we got to see the young players play and develop?

    Well welcome to the young players developing

    This is what we're going to get...they aren't going to be consistent, they are going to make a lots of mistake, it's all part of learning how to play in this league.

    We played 3 teams better than us on the road. Is losing 3 in a row that surprising to anyone? Sure it would have been nice to steal 1, but it didn't happen. It's not the end of the world.
    I'm not mad we lost 3 in a row. Im mad at the effort or lack of effort in 2 of the 3 games.

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  9. #81

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow

    what happened to the team that almost beat Miami on the road?
    What happened to that team that BEAT Miami on the road??

  10. #82
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    I understand Speakout suggesting that you can't always have the same guy leading your scoring, but to suggest that on any given night you can't count on at least 1 of what is supposed to be your 3 main offensive weapons to the point that Josh "only" going 6-11 costs you a game is just dumb.

    3 main scorers means that on any given night at least one of those guys will have it going.

    What, now it's normal for Lebron, Wade and Bosh to all go 4-14 and 5-18, and the Heat need to upgrade Chalmers to cover for the common nights when that happens? Bull****

    Teams are getting "big 3s". No, Roy is not Bosh, but Roy IS one of the main offensive weapons you want your offense to work off of and lately he's not playing well.

    Cripes, Danny was getting torched by Chase Budinger, and while I'm a big Chase fan it's not because I thought he would be better than Granger by year 2.


    Look at the MONEY DISTRIBUTION, you aren't paying Rush and Josh as though they are big scorers. You are paying Dun, TJ and Danny like they are main scorers. You say "if Rush can slow Martin so Danny can outscore him and if Josh can slow Scola and maybe chip in some passes and/or points enough that Roy outscores Scola, then we can probably win".
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 03-06-2011 at 01:45 AM.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  12. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,859
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    But Miami does think they need better role players than Chamlers and company. It is a team. It isnt just your main 3 guys struggle so the whole team will struggle. We need better players 1-12 option wise. In time im sure Paul, Lance, AJ , and others can get better but it wont be eoght we need to add talent. Just like damm near every other team in the league is looking to add talent

  13. #84
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,696

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    I don't know what many of you are complaining about....you wanted the young Players to play..this is the realistic result.......we are losing games that we are expected to lose against Teams that are way better then us.

    Our future core of Players not only are playing key minutes in the rotation....heck, Dunleavy is even out of the lineup....what else do you want?

    If there hasn't been a greater example of "be careful what you wish for" based off of what we are seeing with our young core struggle ( which should be expected now that we are out of our "easy" part of the schedule....specifically after the 23rd when we played the Jazz ), then I don't know what is.

    Expect more losing....get used to it....cuz we're a very young Team with several holes in the lineup.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  14. #85
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,452

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    We'll be alright.

  15. #86
    Member mcampbellarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    olympia, wa
    Posts
    169

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Painful. But nice to see PD guys on TV. The board seems to be getting plenty of good attention. Deservedly so and thanks to you guys who make it possible.

    The player development element is the only solace here. Seeing Roy get into it a little with Chuckwagon showed an effort to maintain a bit of dignity.

    2 things making me crazy. The ball stopping at the 3pt line on offense and letting the opposing d set up, and Jones not passing the ball. DJ semi-rightly feels like he has to create a shot. And DC may be stuck in PnR mode. Is it me or does the offense look like a confusion between the previous motion offense and botched PnR? Seems like our best chance, outside of running a break, is using Roy as a post/pass hub. But this requires motion. I will be very happy to see Mike back in the lineup, and think he, or someone with his qualities is essential for the time being.

    Or put another way - in an obviously false dichotomy but none the less amusing - which is worse: Mike's defense or DJ's offensive?

  16. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    I'm not usually one to look at +/- and give it much time, but I did notice something odd. While everyone else was at 0 or in the negatives Price had a +13. Either that is a typo or Price should have received more minutes. I don't like using +/- to judge how well a player is playing, but in this case the abnormality is too strong to ignore.

  17. #88

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    I think it was the garbage minutes for Price that elevated his +/-

    For some reason our best PG has become the third string PG. Just what the hell is Frank and TPTB thinking? They need to be starting AJ now if they want to have a shot at the playoffs. I am all for Lance showing us what he can do, but not at the cost of a playoff berth...

    The same goes for DC and his entitlement issue with starting. Screw that.

    Lance should be the one getting the 3rd string minutes... actually no DC should get the 3rd string minutes, he needs to earn his spot back with good play. Let Lance back up AJ.

    At any rate AJ should be playing the most minutes at PG right now. That or bring TJ back, anything but the horrible crap we have been seeing with DC.

  18. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Needs less DJ, and dare I say teams have now scouted Tyler and he's becoming quite ineffective.
    Hansbrough went toe-to-toe with Luis Scola, dropping 17 & 10 in 25 minutes. Ineffective would be Brandon Rush doing next-to-nothing while getting lit up like a Christmas tree by Kevin Martin.

  19. #90
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,950

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    AJ, Tyler, Jeff, and Dahntay are the four most mentally tough guys on the team. That's a major reason why they are successful. The starters need an injection of that.
    Good point. Mental toughness/Leadership are killing us right now.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  20. #91
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    One, Wells said there was screaming and yelling. That doesn't mean arguing and fighting. It could (and should) be all Vogel just going off on them. Watching 3 guys just look at a ball roll by them without anyone moving would warrant that.

    Second, is anyone who hates Dunleavy willing to admit he means more to this team than they thought? I think this rough stretch shows what I already knew. That Mike Dunleavy is a huge reason for the little success this team has seen.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  22. #92
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But Miami does think they need better role players than Chamlers and company. It is a team. It isnt just your main 3 guys struggle so the whole team will struggle. We need better players 1-12 option wise. In time im sure Paul, Lance, AJ , and others can get better but it wont be eoght we need to add talent. Just like damm near every other team in the league is looking to add talent
    Better at the role player aspect though, not equal to Lebron or Wade. And that's only so they can be 100% the best team in the NBA.

    We are talking about fixing a 35 win team by improving Josh or Rush, but our Lebron, Wade and Bosh aren't so hot.

    And by the way, the Heat make a good example because they aren't well balanced as a team. They went for the homerun with the top scorers when what they really needed is to match a couple of different types of scorers with other types of roles, like maybe a PF that can block shots and start fast breaks.


    You swap Josh for Bosh and it helps Miami and hurts the Pacers because Bosh just overlaps Danny and Roy while Josh makes it easier for all the scoring to go through Wade and Josh.

    If you "fix" Rush and Josh then you need to go ahead and fix the other 3 spots too.


    I'm not calling Josh and Rush untouchable. What I'm saying is that getting 100% production out of your 15% impact (of total team production) guys doesn't help as much as getting 100% production out of your 50% impact guys. Fixing your stars has a bigger impact that fixing your 5th or 7th guy.


    Look, I warned people on Collison way back before he was drafted that his game was mostly overdribbling and poor passing. His assist rates with a very talented team were not good and you couldn't blame it on him not having options.

    His weakness is vision and how he thinks about court spacing. If we add to this him struggling with his shot AND a good portion of the offense going through him, then we've got problems.


    And this isn't about favorites because I love Roy, I always have. But good lord is his post game right in the toilet the last few weeks. He doesn't read the double teams quickly enough, he doesn't protect the ball on double downs, he has his kickouts deflected into turnovers, and he flat-out isn't smoothly completing his low post scoring moves.


    Danny is arm barring every single guy that defends him as he drives and has been lucky to get away with it up till now. He looks sluggish on his drives rather than explosive. He's not blowing past guys or putting them on their heels. Moving him away from 3pt bombing is not sitting well with his game, maybe because he was being converted into that so much by JOB. It's probably fall-out from letting JOB continue to preach that style of offense.


    You fix those 3 problems and then we can start to worry about tweaking up the complimentary guys to get the extra 3-4 wins.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hansbrough went toe-to-toe with Luis Scola, dropping 17 & 10 in 25 minutes. Ineffective would be Brandon Rush doing next-to-nothing while getting lit up like a Christmas tree by Kevin Martin.
    BTW, once again I heard a Pacer player getting on Tyler for missing his switch. This was not obvious to me since I don't know the scheme, but I trust a vet when he yells out "Tyler, that's you!"

    So maybe those upgrades aren't so obvious after all. And he didn't go toe-to-toe with Scola, only half his time came against him and he didn't salvage his FG night till the mid 2nd half when they were down 26. He still took 18 shots to get those 17 points...oh, and just what was he doing when matched with 4 of 5 Patrick Patterson? Did you think we weren't watching during that part?

    Where was Lance when Dragic was blowing right past him? The bench DID NOT reign in the lead last night. They kept getting thumped too.


    Luckily I Tivo'd the game so when I get back to Indy I'll go ahead and clip up Martin's scores and we will see where all the lighting up was coming from. I have said outright in this thread that Rush did 2 things wrong - bit his jab step and went under some screens. BUT MY POINT was that George was ALSO getting lit up, just like he did against Terry. So how does that fix things?

    I feel like there are a lot of "I followed the Gamecast" coaches around here. Rush wasn't great by any stretch, but he was moderately effective on defense.

    Martin BLEW PAST COLLISON a couple of times. You know, because basketball features switches and PnR. In fact Houston specifically runs a lot of weaves and screens on the outside to force mixed coverage.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 03-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  24. #93

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Rush and Josh are your COMPLIMENTARY players. Blaming them is like blaming catsup for your s**** hamburger. The complimentary guys can make things better, but they aren't there to be the main guy.

    Who was the scoring machine next to Reggie at the 3? It WAS Person or Detlef and they were traded. Why? Because the old saying is there aren't enough balls to go around out there.

    Look at the scoring and shooting numbers coming from a WING and PF right now. Now go pull up the numbers on the scoring/FG% (and assists) from a WING (McKey) and PF (Dale) when you had Jax, Reggie and Rik starting.

    You didn't say you needed to upgrade Dale when Reggie was lighting it up or Rik was rolling.
    If we had Reggie, Smits, and Jax with Rush and Josh we would not complain. This is not 1990 and Rush is nowhere as good as McKey and Josh is not Dale. McKey would stop guys moving to the basket in their tracks.
    Our 3 scorers are nowhere near what those guys were so complimentary players on this team have to do more. And you do know that Rush will likely be gone next season (third time is the charm) and possibly Josh. It seems that Larry doesn't share your opinion of how good Brandon is nor do many people on PD.
    Last edited by speakout4; 03-06-2011 at 10:06 AM.

  25. #94
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not usually one to look at +/- and give it much time, but I did notice something odd. While everyone else was at 0 or in the negatives Price had a +13. Either that is a typo or Price should have received more minutes. I don't like using +/- to judge how well a player is playing, but in this case the abnormality is too strong to ignore.
    I like Price so this is not bias. He just benefitted from garbage situations as Thingfish mentioned. The final 6-7 minutes of that game were utterly meaningless.

    Houston played Thabeet for chrissake. Fans went nuts because at this point he's their victory cigar. They were phoning in half the 4th.


    Price needs to work up his defense still. He's struggling to stop guys or to drive them into help.

  26. #95
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,111

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    we were losing with O'Brien and we're now losing with Vogel - I don't think anyone should be like "well this is what you guys wanted so here you go...you're losing by playing the young guys"...last I checked we were also a losing team playing the "veterans" with JOB.

    I like this stretch - I think this shows that some people were a bit too early with their assesment of Vogel and wanting to give him the keys right away. He is still very raw. Atleast he admits his mistakes - that I can appreciate.

    Roy frustrates me. I just don't feel confident with his play at all. He looks so fragile out there in the court. All those hook shots are a bad version of Jermaine's fade aways - it disgusts me.

    this team lacks the mental toughness - they're really not "smashmouth" team - they're not tough in the head and it shows...

    All these weaknesses that we're witnessing - THEY ARE GOOD - it gives us a better understanding on what we need to fix during the off-season. For that I am glad.

  27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bellisimo For This Useful Post:


  28. #96

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    we were losing with O'Brien and we're now losing with Vogel - I don't think anyone should be like "well this is what you guys wanted so here you go...you're losing by playing the young guys"...last I checked we were also a losing team playing the "veterans" with JOB.

    I like this stretch - I think this shows that some people were a bit too early with their assesment of Vogel and wanting to give him the keys right away. He is still very raw. Atleast he admits his mistakes - that I can appreciate.

    Roy frustrates me. I just don't feel confident with his play at all. He looks so fragile out there in the court. All those hook shots are a bad version of Jermaine's fade aways - it disgusts me.

    this team lacks the mental toughness - they're really not "smashmouth" team - they're not tough in the head and it shows...

    All these weaknesses that we're witnessing - THEY ARE GOOD - it gives us a better understanding on what we need to fix during the off-season. For that I am glad.
    The entire team coaches and players are too young and inexperienced for prime time. That's ok but I wish Larry would somehow get involved a little more.

  29. #97
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if this just makes things worse though? Isn't there a chance of that happening?
    I guess who's doing the yelling and screaming. If it's Vogel, then I'm glad he's chewing them a new *sshole. If it's the players...well, we'll have a new coach to start next season.

  30. #98
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Well, apparently both Jeff and Dahntay were pissed because of all of the defensive breakdowns from the young guys, so I'd image they were doing at least some of the yelling. I'm 100% sure Dahntay did because I was reading that he didn't even wait until the game was over; he was getting on them in a huddle mid game.

    Danny doesn't seem afraid to yell over things like this, so I'd presume his participation as well.

    Before anyone does it (and they probably will), yes we're all aware that the mentioned 3 have various degrees of defensive issues themselves, but they are the elder statesmen of this team, and if anyone is going to get on the youth for their DREADFUL defense, it ought to be them. In theory, I'm perfectly fine with that.

  31. #99

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, apparently both Jeff and Dahntay were pissed because of all of the defensive breakdowns from the young guys, so I'd image they were doing at least some of the yelling. I'm 100% sure Dahntay did because I was reading that he didn't even wait until the game was over; he was getting on them in a huddle mid game.

    Danny doesn't seem afraid to yell over things like this, so I'd presume his participation as well.

    Before anyone does it (and they probably will), yes we're all aware that the mentioned 3 have various degrees of defensive issues themselves, but they are the elder statesmen of this team, and if anyone is going to get on the youth for their DREADFUL defense, it ought to be them. In theory, I'm perfectly fine with that.
    I did not see the game because the cable was out but who specifically was being yelled at/ Do you know?

  32. #100
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we had Reggie, Smits, and Jax with Rush and Josh we would not complain. This is not 1990 and Rush is nowhere as good as McKey and Josh is not Dale. McKey would stop guys moving to the basket in their tracks.
    Our 3 scorers are nowhere near what those guys were so complimentary players on this team have to do more. And you do know that Rush will likely be gone next season (third time is the charm) and possibly Josh. It seems that Larry doesn't share your opinion of how good Brandon is nor do many people on PD.
    That's great.

    But I didn't build this team in the first place, Larry did. So am I really losing the debate at this point? Larry still hates that he had to fire JOB. Larry believed in Shawne Williams. Larry couldn't get the TJ or Dun contracts traded in a world where teams are begging to lose contract money.


    And I'm not saying Brandon doesn't have limits. I'm saying the reason the team is struggling has more to do with the difference between Danny and Miller or Roy and Rik than it does with the difference between McKey and Rush.

    Plus the argument was that if only George and Tyler were starting this team would be much better. Except that George and Tyler were out there together in the first half getting their a**** kicked too, and by guys like Courtney Lee and Chuck Hayes.

    George is a better talent than Rush. George looks to be better than Rush in the long run, and on offense in the short run. But the upgrade won't be George vs Rush, the upgrade will be George vs Danny because Paul is outplaying Danny in terms of defensive effort despite his awareness errors.

    And to me that's the bigger problem. Rush is the bench SG, Danny is your all-star. George is supposed to be better than Rush, he's not supposed to be better than Danny.



    I'm not saying you can't swap Josh out if you are saying David West. What I'm saying is that if you get West then you must ALSO GIVE UP ON Roy. West becomes the low post scorer and you move Roy to get a role playing defender/rebounder. And you trade Rush for Mayo and trade Danny for the defensive ace SF you want Rush to be at SG.

    This would ultimately be upgrading the main scorers, not the secondary players.

    Heck, I was pro trading Rush for Gerald Henderson when Larry Brown was still wasting his talent on the bench.

Similar Threads

  1. Taking a Comparative Look at LeBron
    By quinnthology in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 02:48 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM
  4. SportsGuy's Game 3 Diary
    By PacersFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 10:16 AM
  5. Complete Game 2 Coverage From The Detroit News & Detroit Free Press
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2004, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •