Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

Any reaction from Vogel in the post game presser?

Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Pollard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just as long as there's no fist fights we're fine.

It's a good thing. Maybe guys will be so annoyed that they play better.
    The funny thing is, when i was watching tonights game, I was thinking " You know what, go fight somebody! " If you cant beat anyone playing basketball, atleast show me some life and go fight someone. Foul someone hard. Shove someone. Show some pride. This team is getting dominated. I mean, if Kevin Durant keeps driving the ball to the basket, at what point does one of our guys step up, be a ****ing man and put that ******* on his back! DO SOMETHING!

If i'm Vogel ( easy for me to say obvioulsy ), I start all the bench players the next game. Lance, PG, Ty, Jeff, Posey you wanna start? I'm sure Posey would love to go out there and give some effort. I bet Solomon Jones would atleast provide effort. I'm not saying the bench is better, but right now, someone needs to send these starters a message. Vogel needs to let these guys know that this half assed horrible basketball is not acceptable and if they're gunna be starters on a " NBA pro team " , then they need to play like NBA Pro's.

Enough with this ****. I'm so tired of the same ****. And **** Larry Bird. I dont want that guy making trades and spending the cap space. He hasnt done **** for 4 years. Pritchard would work a miracle with the cap space we have. He needs to be the guy.
    Last edited by Foul on Smits; 03-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.

Danny is the only two players with the right to yell at anyone tonight. But if it's from the Goon squad, at least it's coming from players with intensity.

I've got a feeling it's Dahntay and Jeff though. Seeing as they were the ones yelling in the game. And I've gotta say, Dahntay shouldn't be here.

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Obviously the starters don't have any pride and now you're begrudging the goonies their pride. I like tyler's leadership.
    If that's what you think, that's fine with me. Make no mistake I love the second unit's play and energy recently, I just don't think forming a particular small "group" within this "team" is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PacersRule View Post
    If that's what you think, that's fine with me. Make no mistake I love the second unit's play and energy recently, I just don't think forming a particular small "group" within this "team" is a good thing.
    They are the only guys with any bit of chemistry right now. And Vogel isn't playing them enough together in games.

BTW, I think Tyler was joking about the Lance thing (Ish, Lance isn't a part of the goon squad right now.)

And Price's point was that this unit plays well together, and mixing a starter in doesn't work as well. That's not being exclusive, it's making an observation.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    They are the only guys with any bit of chemistry right now. And Vogel isn't playing them enough together in games.

BTW, I think Tyler was joking about the Lance thing (Ish, Lance isn't a part of the goon squad right now.)

And Price's point was that this unit plays well together, and mixing a starter in doesn't work as well. That's not being exclusive, it's making an observation.
    If Price was a leader no way he would alinate his teammates like that.
    "its members only" wtf this isnt a country club

we can move this player with that player and try this offence and this defense,but I think every combination has be tried , it is not going work. What we need is a complete change this offseason.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by tflo View Post
    we can move this player with that player and try this offence and this defense,but I think every combination has be tried , it is not going work. What we need is a complete change this offseason.
    BLOW IT UP!!!
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-06-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    If Price was a leader no way he would alinate his teammates like that.
    "its members only" wtf this isnt a country club
    Dude..it was a light hearted article. It was essentially Tyler and AJ being "GTFO" *giggle* Those five players have formed an identity that they are proud of. All Hans was saying was you gotta earn it to be a part of it. And heck, good for them. How is this any different than calling a group of guys on a team "the big three"

They probably are annoyed with their teammates though. It probably sucks to have to come in every night and dig the team out of a 10+ point hole.
    Last edited by Sookie; 03-06-2011 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Danny is the only two players with the right to yell at anyone tonight. But if it's from the Goon squad, at least it's coming from players with intensity. I've got a feeling it's Dahntay and Jeff though. Seeing as they were the ones yelling in the game. And I've gotta say, Dahntay shouldn't be here.
    Can't really tell who the leaders on this team are without really being in on the locker room conversations. Could be Jeff, could be Danny. Doesn't have to be someone that is a starter or a star of the team. But either way, you hope that the important points are being made is such a way that it doesn't alienate your teammates.

As for the other posts about starting the Goon Squad, starting them would mean more minutes for them, which may or may not be bad on an individual player basis (e.g., Jeff may not be able to take the extra pounding that 30+ minutes per game might bring). Why risk injury or prolonged debilitation?

On the other hand, many posters have complained that the younsters should play more. Although we could have to endure tons more blowouts that way.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Can't really tell who the leaders on this team are without really being in on the locker room conversations. Could be Jeff, could be Danny. Doesn't have to be someone that is a starter or a star of the team. But either way, you hope that the important points are being made is such a way that it doesn't alienate your teammates.

As for the other posts about starting the Goon Squad, starting them would mean more minutes for them, which may or may not be bad on an individual player basis (e.g., Jeff may not be able to take the extra pounding that 30+ minutes per game might bring). Why risk injury or prolonged debilitation?

On the other hand, many posters have complained that the younsters should play more. Although we could have to endure tons more blowouts that way.

Despite it being a critical point in the season, to put George in the starting line up could be great. I'm sure we would all be satisfied with an effort by Vogel to introduce a player into either line. It doesn't have to be permanent, but test it out one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I hear ya...

Uh not sure on the PS. The question didn't come out right I think. Are you saying the Pacers all went to the night club with Brandon Rush the night before the game?

Yes...Bingo!ha

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh irrationality, how I hate thee

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

I don't think Jeff Foster particularly helps the defense.... and his offense is questionable at best...

...I'm not sure I like seeing Lance get the minutes he's getting unless we're giving up on the playoffs and building for the future. I think Lance either should've been getting minutes all along and slowly building them this season, or they needed to consider keeping him on ice the entire year... and/or just dressing him for garbage minutes this season. What I'm saying is I think he throws a monkey wrench into the works trying to suddenly carve out meaningful minutes for him.

I think it throws a kink into the chemistry. I also think the 'not happening' trade talk leaking out hurt chemistry.

To me, the team is actually being ran like it's a developing team and the playoffs aren't really the goal now. I'm fine with that to a point, although I think for this team the playoffs are realistically a goal without O'Brien here. So it surprises me to see the organization actually acting like the playoffs aren't really 'the' goal afterall. Where was that attitude during the 4 wasted O'Brien years? (Technically, year 1 maybe wasn't wasted... the rest IMHO were a waste of everyone's time).

There's going to be ups and downs when you're finding developmental minutes for players and using your youth. It's hard to complain when I think that's what should've been done for some time. And with the improved coaching, and smart use of our players, the playoffs were a realistic thought for this season (once O'Brien was gone). But instead we seemed to have decided developing players is more important than the playoffs this season. Possibly, that attitude has also created a chemistry issue among the players.

Oh well... I just want them to stick with a real plan and see it through. If it's developmental minutes and taking our lumps, so be it. But then let's not panic if the developmental minutes approach leads to some losses and the loss of the playoff goal.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I don't think Jeff Foster particularly helps the defense.... and his offense is questionable at best...

...I'm not sure I like seeing Lance get the minutes he's getting unless we're giving up on the playoffs and building for the future. I think Lance either should've been getting minutes all along and slowly building them this season, or they needed to consider keeping him on ice the entire year... and/or just dressing him for garbage minutes this season. What I'm saying is I think he throws a monkey wrench into the works trying to suddenly carve out meaningful minutes for him.

I think it throws a kink into the chemistry. I also think the 'not happening' trade talk leaking out hurt chemistry.

To me, the team is actually being ran like it's a developing team and the playoffs aren't really the goal now. I'm fine with that to a point, although I think for this team the playoffs are realistically a goal without O'Brien here. So it surprises me to see the organization actually acting like the playoffs aren't really 'the' goal afterall. Where was that attitude during the 4 wasted O'Brien years? (Technically, year 1 maybe wasn't wasted... the rest IMHO were a waste of everyone's time).

There's going to be ups and downs when you're finding developmental minutes for players and using your youth. It's hard to complain when I think that's what should've been done for some time. And with the improved coaching, and smart use of our players, the playoffs were a realistic thought for this season (once O'Brien was gone). But instead we seemed to have decided developing players is more important than the playoffs this season. Possibly, that attitude has also created a chemistry issue among the players.

Oh well... I just want them to stick with a real plan and see it through. If it's developmental minutes and taking our lumps, so be it. But then let's not panic if the developmental minutes approach leads to some losses and the loss of the playoff goal.
    They would have been playing Lance all along but they wanted to wait for his court case.

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    The Miami heat lost by 30 last night, guess they need to change everything too.
    The Miami Heat aren't 8 games under .500 and hanging on for dear life to the last playoff spot.

Don't think everything needs change, but a few things need looked at when you're getting embarrassed like we have, and the only player out is Dunleavy. And the 1st unit has been playing terrible.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The glory hath departed.
    You mean that rolls have been slowed?

I peeked into the game thread...good lord. How about we stop losing our s*** over the ups and downs of developing and evaluating the talent. JOB needed to do this 2 years ago and now we are suffering for it.

I'm really sick of seeing UB make cracks that suggest that any of us thought that firing JOB was due to the wins and losses.

Listen Buck, I'm talking directly to you on this one - you darn well know that I explicitly told my ticket rep that I DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE WINS AND LOSSES. Again that's DID NOT CARE.

I said that I wanted to stop worrying about the W-L record and start worrying about getting the young kids on the court so they could get on with learning how to play NBA ball AND so that we could get on with evaluating their chances as NBA talent.

How can you know what needs to be fixed if you don't find out what is broken?

So as frustrating as some of their poor play can be, as much as it sucks seeing guys like Foster dragging due to the losses, it's also exciting and interesting to see those moments when things start to click.

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar

wow

what happened to the team that almost beat Miami on the road?
    Sittin on top of the world!

They would have been playing Lance all along but they wanted to wait for his court case.
    I understand that but then they either needed to come to a different decision and start using him situationally much sooner, or decide to put him on ice for the season... or at best spot minutes in blowouts and such once the court decision was handed down.

I don't understand putting him on ice for 2/3rds of the season because of the court case and then suddenly throwing him to the wolves in the stretch run for the playoffs. ...Unless TPTB have decided the playoffs are not really the goal they've been in the past afterall... even if the playoff chances were probably more realistic now than at any time over the past several seasons.

But, like I said, I'm fine with developing players and seeing what we have. I think the playoffs are fools gold for weak teams anyway. It's just this handling of Lance I find odd.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RM31 View Post
    PS:
    Somebody said last night all the team follow Rush to play in the club?
    Is that true?
    Who said that?

They flew out of Dallas just after the game. Maybe they went out here in Houston I suppose but my guess is that they just hit the hotel by that time of night.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    wow

what happened to the team that almost beat Miami on the road?
    Youth = Inconsistency

Typically it's little mistakes that blow up into bad plays, especially sloppy offense or poor shot selection that becomes transition offense. Like Tyler getting stuffed to the floor tonight, goes the other way and Tyler commits the foul. Or Lance throwing that horrible pass right to the Rockets.

And Roy could be a whole book on inconsistency himself.

You don't get better for free. It's a long grind.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You mean that rolls have been slowed?

I peeked into the game thread...good lord. How about we stop losing our s*** over the ups and downs of developing and evaluating the talent. JOB needed to do this 2 years ago and now we are suffering for it.
    I'm really sick of seeing UB make cracks that suggest that any of us thought that firing JOB was due to the wins and losses.

Listen Buck, I'm talking directly to you on this one - you darn well know that I explicitly told my ticket rep that I DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE WINS AND LOSSES. Again that's DID NOT CARE.

I said that I wanted to stop worrying about the W-L record and start worrying about getting the young kids on the court so they could get on with learning how to play NBA ball AND so that we could get on with evaluating their chances as NBA talent.

How can you know what needs to be fixed if you don't find out what is broken?

So as frustrating as some of their poor play can be, as much as it sucks seeing guys like Foster dragging due to the losses, it's also exciting and interesting to see those moments when things start to click.
    Thats why I am so frustruted this needed to be done a long time ago like 5 years ago. We didnt rebulit the right way and it is so frusting to do it so late. Danny was 25 two years ago I fell like we are wasting his career. We should have been through this phase of growing pains and devloping young talent and learning to play the right way. But no we had to trade for Murphleavy instead of rebuliding the FO for JOB and not rebuliding sooner this is so frustrating.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-06-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Youth = Inconsistency

Typically it's little mistakes that blow up into bad plays, especially sloppy offense or poor shot selection that becomes transition offense. Like Tyler getting stuffed to the floor tonight, goes the other way and Tyler commits the foul. Or Lance throwing that horrible pass right to the Rockets.

And Roy could be a whole book on inconsistency himself.

You don't get better for free. It's a long grind.
    Thank you! Like I've been saying, what do people expect from a bunch of rookie through third year players. Let's be realistic here.

While I do think there are flaws in our offensive and defensive scheme (mainly they help defense), the youth on this team is going to give us games like this and games like playing against Miami.

Thats why I am so frustruted this needed to be done a long time ago. We didnt rebulit the ight way and it is so frusting to do it so late. Danny was 25 two years ago I fell like we are wasting his career. We should have been through this phase of growing pains and devloping young talent and learning to play the right way. But no we had to trade for Murphleavy instead of rebuliding the FO this is so frustrating.
    We had Murphleavy before then... And Seth is saying the young guys needed to be playing more two years ago. Not that we needed to be trading people for young talent.

You can't just trade people like this is 2k11. Jackson and Harrington didn't exactly have the best of trade values then. **** is a lot easier said than done. Was it a great trade? Of course not, but we are turning it into DC and cap space this off season.

And Danny is fine. He is 27 and has plenty of years left in him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    We had Murphleavy before then... And Seth is saying the young guys needed to be playing more two years ago. Not that we needed to be trading people for young talent.

You can't just trade people like this is 2k11. Jackson and Harrington didn't exactly have the best of trade values then. **** is a lot easier said than done. Was it a great trade? Of course not, but we are turning it into DC and cap space this off season.

And Danny is fine. He is 27 and has plenty of years left in him.
    look at my edit and re read it. We could have got an expiring and a pick for them. But instead we tried to put a band aid on the franchise instead of rebuliding the right way.