Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post game 3/5/11 vs Rockets

Go portland! Beat charlotte! Thats all, goodnight
    Help us Paul George......you're our only hope

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Smith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go portland! Beat charlotte! Thats all, goodnight
    Charlotte might be more deserving than us right now. Lucky for us they traded Gerald Wallace in a rebuilding type move, and Stephen Jackson is nursing a hamstring that will make him miss some time.

Top 7 in the East are locked. Whoever of the Pacers, Bobcats, Bucks, and Pistons can get hot, or has and favorable schedule that will let them walk into a win or 2... will end up with the 8th seed

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

The glory hath departed.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

5. The Following User Says Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    The glory hath departed.
    You mean that rolls have been slowed?

I peeked into the game thread...good lord. How about we stop losing our s*** over the ups and downs of developing and evaluating the talent. JOB needed to do this 2 years ago and now we are suffering for it.

I'm really sick of seeing UB make cracks that suggest that any of us thought that firing JOB was due to the wins and losses.

Listen Buck, I'm talking directly to you on this one - you darn well know that I explicitly told my ticket rep that I DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE WINS AND LOSSES. Again that's DID NOT CARE.

I said that I wanted to stop worrying about the W-L record and start worrying about getting the young kids on the court so they could get on with learning how to play NBA ball AND so that we could get on with evaluating their chances as NBA talent.

How can you know what needs to be fixed if you don't find out what is broken?

So as frustrating as some of their poor play can be, as much as it sucks seeing guys like Foster dragging due to the losses, it's also exciting and interesting to see those moments when things start to click.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    You mean that rolls have been slowed?

I peeked into the game thread...good lord. How about we stop losing our s*** over the ups and downs of developing and evaluating the talent. JOB needed to do this 2 years ago and now we are suffering for it.
    I'm really sick of seeing UB make cracks that suggest that any of us thought that firing JOB was due to the wins and losses.

Listen Buck, I'm talking directly to you on this one - you darn well know that I explicitly told my ticket rep that I DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE WINS AND LOSSES. Again that's DID NOT CARE.

I said that I wanted to stop worrying about the W-L record and start worrying about getting the young kids on the court so they could get on with learning how to play NBA ball AND so that we could get on with evaluating their chances as NBA talent.

How can you know what needs to be fixed if you don't find out what is broken?

So as frustrating as some of their poor play can be, as much as it sucks seeing guys like Foster dragging due to the losses, it's also exciting and interesting to see those moments when things start to click.
    Thats why I am so frustruted this needed to be done a long time ago like 5 years ago. We didnt rebulit the right way and it is so frusting to do it so late. Danny was 25 two years ago I fell like we are wasting his career. We should have been through this phase of growing pains and devloping young talent and learning to play the right way. But no we had to trade for Murphleavy instead of rebuliding the FO for JOB and not rebuliding sooner this is so frustrating.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 03-06-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    Thats why I am so frustruted this needed to be done a long time ago. We didnt rebulit the ight way and it is so frusting to do it so late. Danny was 25 two years ago I fell like we are wasting his career. We should have been through this phase of growing pains and devloping young talent and learning to play the right way. But no we had to trade for Murphleavy instead of rebuliding the FO this is so frustrating.
    We had Murphleavy before then... And Seth is saying the young guys needed to be playing more two years ago. Not that we needed to be trading people for young talent.

You can't just trade people like this is 2k11. Jackson and Harrington didn't exactly have the best of trade values then. **** is a lot easier said than done. Was it a great trade? Of course not, but we are turning it into DC and cap space this off season.

And Danny is fine. He is 27 and has plenty of years left in him.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    We had Murphleavy before then... And Seth is saying the young guys needed to be playing more two years ago. Not that we needed to be trading people for young talent.

You can't just trade people like this is 2k11. Jackson and Harrington didn't exactly have the best of trade values then. **** is a lot easier said than done. Was it a great trade? Of course not, but we are turning it into DC and cap space this off season.

And Danny is fine. He is 27 and has plenty of years left in him.
    look at my edit and re read it. We could have got an expiring and a pick for them. But instead we tried to put a band aid on the franchise instead of rebuliding the right way.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Needs less DJ, and dare I say teams have now scouted Tyler and he's becoming quite ineffective.

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    Needs less DJ, and dare I say teams have now scouted Tyler and he's becoming quite ineffective.
    Hansbrough went toe-to-toe with Luis Scola, dropping 17 & 10 in 25 minutes. Ineffective would be Brandon Rush doing next-to-nothing while getting lit up like a Christmas tree by Kevin Martin.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Hansbrough went toe-to-toe with Luis Scola, dropping 17 & 10 in 25 minutes. Ineffective would be Brandon Rush doing next-to-nothing while getting lit up like a Christmas tree by Kevin Martin.
    11 & 8 of which came in the 4th quarter when Scola had long since sat for the night.

And those 17 points came on 18 shots. Not exactly the picture of efficiency.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

This isn't one of those games where someone cues everyone and says, "Everyone calm down. It's not that bad."

This one was very, very bad.

-TJ Ford played like crap. Terrible, terrible game.

-We need talent. It's that simple. If we can't get two impact players while Lance and Paul significantly develop than we are probably screwed again next year.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This isn't one of those games where someone cues everyone and says, "Everyone calm down. It's not that bad."

This one was very, very bad.

-TJ Ford played like crap. Terrible, terrible game.

-We need talent. It's that simple. If we can't get two impact players while Lance and Paul significantly develop than we are probably screwed again next year.

Really, at this point, we have so many glaring problems with this team. It covers every position, except maybe SF. It is going to take a stroke of master genius on Bird's part to make a good team next year.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post

Really, at this point, we have so many glaring problems with this team. It covers every position, except maybe SF. It is going to take a stroke of master genius on Bird's part to make a good team next year.
    Some of the goons have to start. A way back the knicks had a second team that generally beat the first team in practice. Put Danny with the starters or goons and that team will win.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    Some of the goons have to start. A way back the knicks had a second team that generally beat the first team in practice. Put Danny with the starters or goons and that team will win.
    AJ, Tyler, Jeff, and Dahntay are the four most mentally tough guys on the team. That's a major reason why they are successful. The starters need an injection of that.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    AJ, Tyler, Jeff, and Dahntay are the four most mentally tough guys on the team. That's a major reason why they are successful. The starters need an injection of that.
    I wish they had higher b ball IQ specialy Dantay and Tyler

Agree. Mental toughness is huge. I think PG and Lance have that too.

Good point. Mental toughness/Leadership are killing us right now.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    I just wonder if Frank has those kind of balls. He has to keep the team on his side. I would be interested in seeing PG play with the starters and Danny with the Goons. I don't know how Frank could do that without getting everyone's feathers ruffled.

It is one quality I actually liked about Jim. He didn't give a crap about player's egos. Frank might not either, but he doesn't exactly have tenure.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Promoting Vogel was kinda like an old girl friend getting a boob job:

Susre you have something new & exciting to play with for a while, but in the end she is the same ol' B**** you broke up with!
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DGPR View Post
    I think it's funny how Dahntay "I'm Kobe Bryant" Jones rips everybody's asses on the bench but he doesn't even know how to make a pass out of a double team and throws up nothing but garbage most of the time. Jones is the most selfish player on this team followed closely by Granger and that's not saying a whole lot about this team in general.
    That's from the game thread..But someone tell me whether I'm delusional or not. Was Tyler not challenging double teams without hesitation..? Kick that **** out for a jumper..
    Last edited by ziplockfresh; 03-06-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ziplockfresh View Post
    That's from the game thread..But someone tell me whether I'm delusional or not. Was Tyler not challenging double teams without hesitation..? Kick that **** out for a jumper..
    What about Roy "airball hookshot" Hibbert?

I want OJ Mayo on this team, but we needed nothing more than defense tonight and effort.

This team really seems like they don't care at all.

Oh yeah and DC with 0 assists.

talent is not the only thing that wins basketball games now, nor in the future.

This team has no leader. There's no defense in the starting unit, and there's barely an offense. Part of its on the coach. Part of its on the players.

DC's struggling so bad right now. Even if he is our point of the future, he's not mentally mature enough to handle that role right now. Brandon Rush does absolutely nothing, so let PG start. (not Dahntay..that'll just screw up the first unit more.)

All that said. This team is young. Seth warned everyone that games like this..stretches of games like this, would happen. They need to pull themselves out of it. But Vogel's got to be less stubborn about the lineups and such, and adjust to these things.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

talent is not the only thing that wins basketball games now, nor in the future.

This team has no leader. There's no defense in the starting unit, and there's barely an offense. Part of its on the coach. Part of its on the players.

DC's struggling so bad right now. Even if he is our point of the future, he's not mentally mature enough to handle that role right now. Brandon Rush does absolutely nothing, so let PG start. (not Dahntay..that'll just screw up the first unit more.)

All that said. This team is young. Seth warned everyone that games like this..stretches of games like this, would happen. They need to pull themselves out of it. But Vogel's got to be less stubborn about the lineups and such, and adjust to these things.
    I predicted we'd go 12-19 to finish the season after the AS break, but I still reserve the right to complain when we lose.