Thread: Bart Scott Trademarked "Can't Wait"

Default Bart Scott Trademarked "Can't Wait"

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6181697

Bart Scott trademarked 'Can't wait!'Email Print Comments556 By Rich Cimini
    ESPNNewYork.com
    Archive
    Jets LB Bart Scott Still Can't Wait
    Bart Scott talks about his famous postgame rant and pro wrestling career.
    Tags: NFL, New York Jets, Bart ScottJets LB Bart Scott Still Can't WaitVIDEO PLAYLIST
    Bart Scott talks about his famous postgame rant and pro wrestling career.
    Tags:
    NFL
    New York Jets
    Bart ScottN.Y. SportsCenter
    N.Y. SportsCenter
    Knicks 0-3 vs. Cavs; Nets nab W in UK
    Tags:
    New York Giants
    New York Islanders
    New York Jets
    New York Knicks
    New York Mets
    New York Rangers
    New York Yankees
    Team: New YorkSC Exclusive: Chad Johnson & Bart Scott
    SC Exclusive: Chad Johnson & Bart Scott
    ESPNNY.com's Jane McManus talks to Bart Scott and Chad Johnson about the prospect of Johnson being a Jet.
    Tags:
    New York Jets
    Chad Johnson
    Bart ScottRevis Island
    Revis Island
    The Jets CB talks about his relationship with Chad Ochocinco and Rex Ryan's latest comments.
    Tags:
    NFL
    New York Jets
    Darrelle Revis
    He said the words "Can't wait!" and now he owns them.

New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott, who introduced "Can't wait!" into the sports lexicon during a celebrated, postgame interview in January with ESPN's Sal Paolantonio, revealed Friday on "ESPN First Take" that he has trademarked the phrase.

"It took on a life of its own," said Scott, appearing as a guest at ESPN the Weekend at Hollywood Studios in Orlando, Fla. "It really took off on ESPN, it took over on YouTube. My wife said, 'You should trademark it.' Once I started to hear people were trying to make T-shirts, I said, 'I tell you what, if anybody is going to benefit off 'Can't Wait', it should be me.' "

Jets blog
    Looking for more on
    the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Scott said he has yet to make any money from the trademark, joking that any "Can't Wait" T-shirts might have ended up being sent overseas to "keep someone warm" -- a practice used by the NFL with pre-made championship T-shirts for the team that loses the Super Bowl.

Scott blurted his now-famous slogan after the Jets' stunning 28-21 upset of the Patriots in the AFC divisional playoffs. In an on-the-field interview with Paolantonio, he delivered a classic rant, mocking the Jets' critics and claiming the Patriots' defense "can't stop a nose bleed."

When Paolantonio wished him luck against the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game, Scott barked: "Can't wait!"

The interview became a YouTube sensation. As of Friday, it had attracted more than 1.2 million views. If the Jets hadn't lost to the Steelers, the "Can't Wait" phenomenon probably would be more profitable to Scott.

On Friday, Scott provided some background to the interview, saying he was trash talking with the Patriots' mascot when a Jets' public relations person asked if he could speak to Paolantonio.

"When he came over, I was arguing with the Patriots' mascot, so he should've known I wasn't in the right frame of mind," Scott said.

Scott became the second Jets player in the past year to trademark a phrase. Cornerback Darrelle Revis last year did the same with "Revis Island."

Default Re: Bart Scott Trademarked "Can't Wait"

This is dumber than the Bucks fear the deer even though they suck now and no one is scared of them.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!