Thread: Eagles' King Dunlap arrested for disorderly conduct

Default Eagles' King Dunlap arrested for disorderly conduct

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ving/#comments

Eagles’ King Dunlap arrested for disorderly conduct, reckless driving
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 5, 2011, 6:45 AM EST
    Eagles offensive tackle King Dunlap was arrested and charged with reckless driving and disorderly conduct in Nashville on Friday after an odd incident in which he drove his SUV onto the plaza in front of Bridgestone Arena and refused to move.

The incident took place at about 5:15 p.m., as Dunlap was picking up family members who were at the arena for the SEC women’s basketball tournament. According to the Tennessean, police say Dunlap drove up onto a sidewalk and directly in front of the arena doors, and that when officers asked him why he was driving on the sidewalk, he told them he was there to pick up his father, who uses a wheelchair.

The officers directed Dunlap to an area where he could pick his father up and said they would assist his father in getting to the SUV, but told him that he couldn’t park in the plaza directly in front of the arena. Dunlap refused to move, officers continued to tell him that he had to, and eventually, after he still wouldn’t move despite being warned he’d be arrested, officers placed him under arrest.

Dunlap did not resist arrest and was cooperative after he was arrested. His bail was set at $1,000.

Dunlap played in 14 games for the Eagles last year, starting five.

Default Re: Eagles' King Dunlap arrested for disorderly conduct

Seriously the NFL is terrible and full of thugs.

I've been becoming less and less interested.

I'm happy the NBA has gotten a lot better and players are staying out of trouble.

The NFL has gotten worse.

People think the NFL is full of people who want to compete? Yeah right.

It's full of boneheads who don't know right from wrong and are all in for the money.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He's a thug because he parked his car up on the curb? hahaha

Yes he should have moved it and just complied with the officers, but that makes him a thug? Hardly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Picking up his handicapped father no less. Such a thug.

Glad those cops were out there enforcing the letter of the parking laws instead of allowing him the minute or so it would take to wheel in his father. Because endemic parking violations are exactly what's wrong with this country.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Picking up his handicapped father no less. Such a thug.

Glad those cops were out there enforcing the letter of the parking laws instead of allowing him the minute or so it would take to wheel in his father. Because endemic parking violations are exactly what's wrong with this country.
    He disobeyed the law.

You don't get (or shouldn't get) exemptions because of "I play in the NFL" or "It'll only take a minute". No, the way the law is intended (I know I know, it's not always this way) is for nobody to be exempt.

They told him where he could go. They offered to assist him even. They didn't even have to offer to help.

Why did he feel the need to a little p***k about it? Move your f***ing car and pick your father up in the designated area. It's not that hard.

He deserved to be arrested. Park where you're supposed to. Not on a damn sidewalk.

You'd think grown men could follow simple directions. Apparently not.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    He disobeyed the law.

You don't get (or shouldn't get) exemptions because of "I play in the NFL" or "It'll only take a minute". No, the way the law is intended (I know I know, it's not always this way) is for nobody to be exempt.

They told him where he could go. They offered to assist him even. They didn't even have to offer to help.

Why did he feel the need to a little p***k about it? Move your f***ing car and pick your father up in the designated area. It's not that hard.

He deserved to be arrested. Park where you're supposed to. Not on a damn sidewalk.

You'd think grown men could follow simple directions. Apparently not.
    Yes, rock on. Clearly, Dunlap's silly parking incident deserves the full force of our self-righteous condemnation. I'm writing a letter to the editor about it right now, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Yes, rock on. Clearly, Dunlap's silly parking incident deserves the full force of our self-righteous condemnation. I'm writing a letter to the editor about it right now, in fact.
    Don't take offense to it. It's really ok. You don't have to agree with my opinion. No need to bust out sarcasm on me.

I simply feel that he can follow the law like every other person. Was it a major crime? No.

But if every person there who's with somebody who is disabled decides to drive their cars on the sidewalk and park there, you end up with a nightmare.

Follow the laws. It would not have been a big deal to drive to the designated area where the officers even offered to assist him.

It's hard to feel bad for someone who can't follow simple tasks.

Oh, and boohoo for him. A $1000 dollar bond. What a shame.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Haha, not taking offense. Merely poking fun at the "omg how could he???" responses.

I don't really care about dunlap, and what he did is pretty stupid. But the urge to look all hard and self-righteous by piling on him for such a trivial incident is pretty absurd.

Sorry using thug is a poor choice of words.

I just question why the NFL has so many of these bad guys who are making arrest headlines every week.

I don't know why NFL players get arrested so much.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think a reason the NFL gets a pass, other than its so popular, is the amount of players in the league. In the NBA you have 30 teams with a 15 man roster. In the NFL you have 32 teams with a 53 man active roster plus practice squad guys. When an NBA player gets in trouble it just simply looks worse for that reason alone.