Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

Good game by Lance today, hands down the best passer on the team.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 03-04-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Default Re: Pacers/Mavericks postgame thread

Might we have a bit of a PG controversy brewing here as the season progresses?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuickRelease For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Might we have a bit of a PG controversy brewing here as the season progresses?
    We won't.

But we should.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    that's not exactly saying much

Dallas didn't miss tonight, part bad defense from us, part good offense and tough shots from them.

Pacers just aren't better than Dallas. As soon as the Pacers would get close, Dallas would run off 6 straight points.

If the Pacers had a chance to get back in it, they either turn the ball over, or force a shot, or miss a wide open shot.

Pacers need a closer who can get buckets or get fouled down the stretch. Terry and Dirk did this for the Mavs.

Pacers need to get back to defending for 48 minutes and rebounding the basketball.

Stephenson was a spark, and didn't have to be a scorer to do it. Tyler and Josh both played well until Tyler missed shots in the 4th.

I truly think our 2nd unit would beat our 1st unit more often than not. They're just a tougher group. Foster would get physical with Hibbert and get him out of his game. Hansbrough would overpower McRoberts for the most part. PG would cause trouble for Danny to score. Brandon wouldn't score on Dahntay. And Collison doesn't play defense anymore and forces shots, regardless of Aj or Lance being on the court.

1st unit needs to be tougher and play more as a unit

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

We lost and have been losing because our big 3 have been stinking it up for the most part. Maybe we should start calling them the little 3. Maybe the goon squad should start.

DC and Lance moved the offense well tonight.

This team just needs to step it up in close situations.

I still don't get why people are going after DC. If you watched the game, you'd see he played well. Just late into the game got sloppy.

Hopefully he continues this so everyone can stop whining with these new complaints.
    Last edited by Trophy; 03-04-2011 at 11:18 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    that's not exactly saying much
    Well, I don't know, I'd say he's the best, and Josh is second. THAT is what says a lot.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Gonna get flack for this but i don't care. DC has not been playing like he deserves to start. I know he's having a "rough patch" and people will say i'm blowing it out of proportion, but i'm not. he's a pass first point guard who's not even a 3rd option in a good offense. I'll admit he has a nice little mid range jumper and can sometimes drive into the hoop cuz his pace.. but he's 6 foot on a good day and looks like a starving kenyan child. Call it what you want to call it i'm calling it how i see it. He needs to start thinking pass first and slow it down and not rush into things. Stephenson is getting more assists and looks way better than him and stephenson is on his 4th game. i'm 100% certain that DC is not the starting point guard for the pacers...if they want to win a championship. He can't handle the best point guards.. Westbrook, Nash, Rose, Deron Williams, and plenty more all have height and strength over DC and have great games against us. Stephenson in time, or maybe another point guard out there will be the TRUE starting pg of this team in the future... DC is a younger, slightly better TJ Ford in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

C'mon man......he had some great passes and shows great potential but he didn't make any passes I haven't seen Josh make many times. Yes he can penetrate and I love that but best passer hands down is a ridiculous statement.

cue annoying, whiny "sky is falling" talk....now

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

Collison had at least two more shots blocked tonight by driving the lane without dishing. Can't he figure out this isn't working or learn a teardrop shot or something. I'ts gotten to the point I yelled at the TV and I never do that.

future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

All in all, I'm fairly satisfied with the effort. I don't expect consistently brilliant games from, well anyone on our team, but especially the young guys. McBob played pretty great defense on Dirk, Dirk just makes a living hitting impossible shots.

Of course, coming off the OKC game about anything'd satisfy me.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

correct me if i'm wrong here, but isn't darren collison a 2nd year point guard with a great attitude and work ethic who we got by trading troy murphy? i'm totally happy with him at this point.

21. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Nice to meet you vnzla.

Felt good about this game. I said in the game thread that I actually prefer a game that is smooth like this and we actually play well than a game like Golden State where we barely sneak away with a win. Where do I get started?

-I am convinced that Lance has all of the talent in the world, and the best part about his game is obviously his passing skills. He creates mismatches for the other team and hopefully next year he will show flashes of ability to pick them apart. But man oh man am I impressed with his passing. I wouldn't be suprised if he starts next year at all. He just has to get in better condition and continue to improve.

-I thought Tyler did a very good job off of the bench tonight. His defense was bad but that's not his strong suit. In the future, assuming that we get a good starting power forward, he will have some MONSTER games for us off the bench. I'm ecstatic that we have him.

-Roy struggled tonight, but he still has a lot of room to improve on things such as his jump shot, running the floor, etc..

-Paul George struggled offensively, but he put on a defensive clinic tonight. The Jet was just hitting everything. It's officially time for him to start.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 03-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Granville Fleming View Post
    We lost and have been losing because our big 3 have been stinking it up for the most part. Maybe we should start calling them the little 3. Maybe the goon squad should start.
    Danny's offense in the second half was one of the few things that kept us close.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

Banned

By the way, the big three of Miami are getting abused right now.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

I saw some things I really liked from Lance tonight. Me being a "pass first" point guard kind of guy, it intrigues me to think what could happen if (and I do NOT in ANY way believe this is something that should happen soon or AT ALL this year, just thinking out loud so-to-speak) you were to move PG AND Lance into the starting lineup. If Lance is pass first, then that is the scoring option you need to free up for PG taking Rush's place, and now your so-called "big three" are Danny, Roy, and Paul, with Lance as facilitator and Josh as "floater" for the ORs and putbacks.

Again, Lance is nowhere near ready (gotta be able to play more than 5 minutes before looking to go to the bench for a breather, for one thing), but it would be the type of fit we'd be looking for.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

the only guy i'm really starting to get tired of is roy. i was pretty excited about him before the year started, but he's just so weak and not athletic at all. i'd be happy with him as the backup center, though. really, i think that's the perfect role for him, 15-20 min a night guy who could put up some easy points for the 2nd unit.

Mood

Sports Logo

Lance did well tonight. Can't wait to see him get more time and more freedom.

Danny was a whiny, effortless *****. After watching his actions off the ball tonight, I was incredibly disappointed.

DC was not up to par, nor has he been lately, but no reason for condemnation. We're still putting our offense together, and Darren thought he could get some "easy" points in the paint. Unfortunately, that's the same mentality that got him blocked 396 times by Ibaka the other night.

JEFF FOSTER BETTER RETIRE OR START WORKING FOR CONSECO. I'm sick of watching rebounds go slightly out of his reach, and that's when he reaches for them and doesn't just watch them fly by. I'd rather him do that stupid swat-tapping **** than not even try. Although, that dunk near the start of the game was slightly impressive.

PG really started to turn things around later in the game, the key portion there being "late". Also, it's not entirely his fault that Jason Terry was slaughtering him. He would have been better off against Peja, which I was looking forward to seeing. Unfortunately, PG still isn't an offensive option, so we're not running anything for him (yet) and won't be for a while.

Like I said in the game thread, Dallas has won 8 games in a row. We tried really hard against them, and the hunger that we had was great to see. Tyler's effort and hustle near the end (again, late) was impressive, but it needs to start happening the minute he steps on the court.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post

-I thought Tyler did a very good job off of the bench tonight. His defense was bad but that's not his strong suit. In the future, assuming that we get a good starting power forward, he will have some MONSTER games for us off the bench. I'm ecstatic that we have him.
    He has to get some form of shot selection. You can't have a PF who regularly shoots under 50%.

-Lance Stephenson

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

sometimes teams just lose not b/c they play poorly but b/c the other team is just better, this was the case tonight.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lavell12 For This Useful Post:

How many open jumpers did Tyler miss tonight? Seemed like a bunch but I haven't checked the line. I always like his energy but I think he pulls the trigger too quickly sometimes. The baskets I remember him scoring tonight were set up by Lance.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He has to get some form of shot selection. You can't have a PF who regularly shoots under 50%.
    I definitely agree. That's the downside and it's frustrating, but hopefully that is something that can be improved on. He's the definition of "Backup energy power forward".

He has his games though that he completely changes with his intensity, hustle, and scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by presto123 View Post
    How many open jumpers did Tyler miss tonight? Seemed like a bunch but I haven't checked the line. I always like his energy but I think he pulls the trigger too quickly sometimes. The baskets I remember him scoring tonight were set up by Lance.
    5-13. How many of those were jumpers I don't know. Probably most.

-Lance Stephenson