Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

u guys wanna trade DC already? wow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itzryan07 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That and our defense.

Problem with the way Price played D on Nash is that now we all know how well he can defend. If you can guard Nash, you can guard anyone. He's not allowed to get beat anymore.
    I don't think DC's defense was that bad, the problem here was the pick and roll and Hill destroying Danny, here is another thing I don't understand from Vogel, maybe he didn't want to make Danny mad but I think that once your opponent scores like 25 points on you, your coach has the right to tell another player to guard that guy.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-27-2011 at 05:40 PM.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    We're crazy if we don't make a run at Randolph in the off-season. I'd give him 4yrs/55mil or something like that. He'd probably want more though since he's making $17 mil this year.
    If you guys think Josh Mcroberts' defense is bad, can't wait to see what you think of Zach Randolphs'. Plus the guy is a headcase I don't want any part of him. Morway said they do very very in-depth checks on players they think that could potentially be a problem. Maybe they've done their homework on Randolph and that's why you never hear them ever express any interest in him.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheDon View Post
    If you guys think Josh Mcroberts' defense is bad, can't wait to see what you think of Zach Randolphs'. Plus the guy is a headcase I don't want any part of him. Morway said they do very very in-depth checks on players they think that could potentially be a problem. Maybe they've done their homework on Randolph and that's why you never hear them ever express any interest in him.
    All they have to do is google his name and find out how crazy he is.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

When would we of had the chance to show interest? They werent gonna trade him.

Randolph hasn't done anything crazy since he got traded to Memphis so don't trip, he is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I don't think DC's defense was that bad, the problem here was the pick and roll and Hill destroying Danny, he is another thing I don't understand from Vogel, maybe he didn't want to make Danny mad but I think that once your opponent scores like 25 points on you, your coach has the right to tell another player to guard that guy.
    DC's defense was what I expected. Nash and Brooks can get around anyone, they were going to get around DC. And then there's the PnR..But the PnR..although the point guard tends to look like an idiot, is not all the PGs fault. It was defended so well in the fourth because of what Price AND Foster were doing. So that was on Hibbert as much as it was on DC.

Yea, Danny was the most disappointing. Not sure why we didn't switch Rush to him.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    u guys wanna trade DC already? wow
    He didn't even have a bad game.

I don't know what the issue is.

He's a good young PG with potential like Roy, Paul, Lance, etc.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    He didn't even have a bad game.

I don't know what the issue is.

He's a good young PG with potential like Roy, Paul, Lance, etc.
    Right, Price got us back in this game, that's why DC didn't come back in. It wasn't because DC played poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    When would we of had the chance to show interest? They werent gonna trade him.
    I don't know he's beent traded for players like Q-Rich once and also for super stars like tim thomas and cuttino mobley. I think we could have offered something better than that if we were honestly interested in him especially since when he was playing for the clippers he was averaging 20 and 9 then. I'd think if we were interested we would have been able to throw something better than that no?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by itzryan07 View Post
    Randolph hasn't done anything crazy since he got traded to Memphis so don't trip, he is a beast
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_591705.html

Zach Randolph Drug Investigation: NBA All-Star Called 'Major Marijuana Supplier'

Mood

I don't know he's beent traded for players like Q-Rich once and also for super stars like tim thomas and cuttino mobley. I think we could have offered something better than that if we were honestly interested in him especially since when he was playing for the clippers he was averaging 20 and 9 then. I'd think if we were interested we would have been able to throw something better than that no?
    Morway wasnt here then it was Walsh and Bird with Walsh in charge.

Morway wasnt here then it was Walsh and Bird with Walsh in charge.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4301324

no it was 2009

MarvelousMarvin

Zach Randolph Drug Investigation: NBA All-Star Called 'Major Marijuana Supplier'
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-in-drug-case/

Never charged with anything never even came close to being charged with anything. A friend was watching all of his things in Indy and dealt weed then pointed the finger at Randolph so he wouldn't go to prison.

edit: That's the way that I see it since he was never charged.
    Last edited by MarvelousMarvin; 02-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MarvelousMarvin For This Useful Post:

Mood

ever seen Weeds?

I doubt he was charged or he would proablly be in jail now

Banned

ever seen Weeds?

I doubt he was charged or he would proablly be in jail now
    who cares? this guy has always been in deep s***.

I, for one, am sick of watching Foster choke on the last play of every close game. Sit his *** down in those situations already!

I remember when he was still on the blazers and Marion threw him a big party and he *****ed and moaned that he didn't think it was big enough they quoted him in the local newspaper. I was really shocked that it didn't get made out to be a bigger deal by the national media. I had always heard the guy was a douchebag but that was pretty much the clincher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Four losses in five games. The honeymoon is not only over, thoughts of a divorce are already running through my mind (i.e., finding a new coach in the offseason).
    arent we 2-2 since the all-tar break?

24. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

We're 2-4 in the last 6.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Foster took the shot at 30.9 in regulation because the Pacers were working a short clock to make sure they could get the ball back. Foster also missed that shot because it was tipped up slightly by the defender, which is why it hit the front of the rim. That wasn't some sort of garbage play, it was essentially the same as taking the shot before the clock expires.

AJ was in because he was defending the living daylights out of Nash. Usually Nash gets a bunch of points off the pass back in the pick and roll, when AJ was on him I'd venture to say he got NONE from that play. The problem was the double from the wing to defend the PNR, which is how Grant was wide open something like 5 times through the game.

We lost due to a sloppy beginning of the game, the ridiculous losing track of the shot clock, and turnovers - both teams shot almost the same but the Suns ended up with 15 more attempts than the Pacers did. You can't let that happen. It also was crazy how we were almost totally kept out of the paint by the Suns - and when we could get into Roy in the post, he did his usual "wait for another defender to move toward him before making a play". When we started attacking the basket on drives was when we started to make up ground in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.

The foul to give situation is interesting. It seems to me that the players with the ball at the end for Phoenix were all strong and crafty enough to get into a shooting motion when being fouled. I think Vogel wanted just to let the defense play out and if a foul came in the course of play, fine. Not certain that is a mistake or just a huge gamble.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

27. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

So after seeing McRoberts overal performance after these 2 games since the trade deadline, I can't not believe any of you would prefer to have him on this team over OJ Mayo knowing that we need a player who can get his own shot. Just utter sillyness.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame threa

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    King Ramses III

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    So after seeing McRoberts overal performance after these 2 games since the trade deadline, I can't not believe any of you would prefer to have him on this team over OJ Mayo knowing that we need a player who can get his own shot. Just utter sillyness.
    It all depends about who was coming back from NO because Mayo can't play power forward or center.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Geez.

Thoughts of a divorce already? You've got to be kidding. I'm not saying Frank is the answer, but let's take a step back.

Most of us here at PD (I'm sure not all) asked for the young players before "he who shall not be named" got fired. Tonight, we got the young players. They will make mistakes. We will lose games.

I want the playoffs as much as the next guy, but let's take a step back. We need these guys to develop. It seems to me that they are. I'd like to develop them and make the playoffs, but this was just a tough game to swallow. Remember, somebody has to lose. It's never easy to lose an OT game, but it's really ok.

On to the next one.
    Sheesh, no kidding.

You had Josh make the late layup WITH FOUL for the 3pt play to tie it. You had Rush in Frye's face defending the final shot he hit.

PnR was a problem with JOB and Vogel just isn't going to be able to overhaul the actual strategy this quickly. I don't know if he's the answer, but he sure as F isn't ruining anything.

The team was dying a pathetic death without even doing any youth development. They weren't going to make the playoffs, so expecting it now is still silly.

It's certainly a realistic goal in the sense of achieving it, but it's a bit like the gravy on top of just getting the development process back on track.

Would JOB have let AJ run things late in the game, or let Josh be in there to tie the game up, or have Rush on the floor late or let Lance play at all....

Perspective people. I just don't get the attitudes, maybe it's an age thing.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post: