Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 196

Thread: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kellogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So true. But the rub on Rush is that the next game he'll be invisible.
    He has played some really good games since coming back, we don't win the Detroit game without him, we don't go into overtime against Detroit without him, we don't stay close on this phoenix game without him.

    Again just because he is not flexing his muscles doesn't mean that he is not doing a good job and doesn't care.

  2. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Not playing Tyler and George down the stetch puzzled me.


    J-mac's defense is terrible it was really hard to watch today.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  4. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PD needs to fix the thank you button. You might have gotten 10 out of me. BTW, that was old man Hill's season high. That tells me that Danny is not getting it done on defense.

    BTW, I don't give a rat's what Danny scored. It's IRRELEVANT!
    His highes scoring game since 2005

  5. #79
    Member jcouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bellisimo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PS - Price reminds me Travis Best
    on offense, yes...but Price actually plays defense, which I don't recall ever seeing Travis Best do on a consistent basis
    Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team. -- Scottie Pippen

  6. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Funny how people say Lances defense is terrible. He proablly did the best at defending the PnR today. I didnt think his defense was terrible at Uciny? Wonder why JOB made it out to be he was Troy Murphy?

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  8. #81

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you in the Danny part but I disagree with you about Rush, Rush was probably our best player today, he blocked shots, scored when he had to score and got some huge rebounds.

    Yes, Rush did some nice things like getting 8 rebs, but Rush was the 3rd scoring option down the stretch when it was Price and Granger doing it. Foster nor McBob were NOT in the game for "their scoring". This wasn't a time to play a disappearing act on the offensive end. He was needed, but didn't step up to the plate when it was necessary. He couldn't even handle the role of being the 3rd scoring option. Sorry, I expect him to step up when it is necessary, and not hide in the shadows. At this point in the game, he needed to help offensively, the Pacers needed him to show up with some offense, and he just plain failed to do it.

  9. #82
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,325

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Man you guys flip like crazy.

    We win a few games, and you guys already think we're contenders, George will be the next Jordan, Mc turns into Kevin Love, etc. Well of course we won, we played mostly against bad teams (though don't get me wrong, getting a 9-3 record even against bad teams is a huge improvement for us)

    Now we lose like, 2 games in a row, And what do I see? "ohhh trade Danny trade Darren Hibbert sucks" Well of course we lost! what, you think that switching the head coach with the assistant coach during the season changes THAT much? Our roster, especially our starting 5, is still pretty lesser compared to most squads. Both Utah and Phoenix have better players than us. Don't forget the better record.

    As for Danny and his defense, I agree it needs a bit work, but it's not as bad as you think. Hill had a lot of open looks, but is Danny the reason? Our Defensive rotation is generally bad if you ask me, not Granger. He had 3 steals and 1 block tonight, and I saw at least 1 more deflection by him, so the "on ball" defense is pretty decent.

    IMO we lost because:
    - Our point guards would rather take a shot than get an assist... Nash got more assists (13) than DC (5) and Price (1) together. Price did handle the ball with confidence however.
    - Turnovers, of course. 21 is bad.
    - all this improvisation on offense. Except Granger, we have no real consistent scorers. Sometimes other guys step up (Tyler, Roy, DC, Rush, AJ) which is good, but we need more than that. Not instead of these guys, but in addition.

  10. #83
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,493
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Basicly the last 10 minutes of the game was virtually 2 1/2 vs 5 on our offensive end.

    McRoberts and Foster playing with Rush = 1/2 a player on offense. Rush is hessitant to shoot and you can play off of Foster and Josh. I'm amazed after falling down 7 in overtime they were able to tie it.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to diamonddave00 For This Useful Post:


  12. #84

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funny how people say Lances defense is terrible. He proablly did the best at defending the PnR today. I didnt think his defense was terrible at Uciny? Wonder why JOB made it out to be he was Troy Murphy?
    Vogel said he'll probably try and play him at the 2 next game. I think that's a good idea..

    I like Dahntay, but maybe him and Lance can be situational at the 2..because when Dahntay's not making his shots, he just kills on offense.

    Josh's lack of rebounding and boxing out is a killer. But at the end of the game he was playing the PnR well (not as well as Price and Foster, but still well) That's why he played though. Hans was going to get killed on the PnR with Nash.

    But seriously, the boxing out is ridiculous. Him and Roy need to step that up.
    Last edited by Sookie; 02-27-2011 at 05:11 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  14. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Well designed play by Gentry at the end Rush couldnt defend the bigger Frye after Mcbob got picked off. Maybe the only thing we could of done is foul Frye before he shot it. We had a foul to give.



    I also wish Josh and the other bigs would set harder picks. We dont get enoght separation off our picks/screens.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-27-2011 at 05:14 PM.

  15. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel said he'll probably try and play him at the 2 next game. I think that's a good idea..

    I like Dahntay, but maybe him and Lance can be situational at the 2..because when Dahntay's not making his shots, he just kills on offense.

    Josh's lack of rebounding and boxing out is a killer. But at the end of the game he was playing the PnR well (not as well as Price and Foster, but still well) That's why he played though. Hans was going to get killed on the PnR with Nash.

    But seriously, the boxing out is ridiculous. Him and Roy need to step that up.
    I like him at the SG better. Just run PnR with him at the SG and he can play spot mintues at the pg as needed. If Price is playing bad he can play point if not let him play SG or SF.

  16. #87
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Weird. I saw Lance as a nice PG when he played. His defense on Steve Nash was very good. Only thing he could get off is an off balance fadeaway that he didn't hit.

    Lance also got some guys wide open and showed some court vision.

    If he plays SG he will have problems off the ball and he will have problems with teams making him shoot the jumper. I figure if you just have the ball in his hands and put him in a PnR that is a bigger mismatch than having him stand in the corner or something.

  17. #88

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like him at the SG better. Just run PnR with him at the SG and he can play spot mintues at the pg as needed. If Price is playing bad he can play point if not let him play SG or SF.
    I think he'd be a significantly better player with Price with him.

    He can handle the ball, which he likes to do, but wouldn't have the weight of running the offense, which AJ can do off the ball. And he'd have another ball handler on the floor with him. Better for him to really get his feet wet with some help, and a guard that compliments him.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  19. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vogel said he'll probably try and play him at the 2 next game. I think that's a good idea..

    I like Dahntay, but maybe him and Lance can be situational at the 2..because when Dahntay's not making his shots, he just kills on offense.

    Josh's lack of rebounding and boxing out is a killer. But at the end of the game he was playing the PnR well (not as well as Price and Foster, but still well) That's why he played though. Hans was going to get killed on the PnR with Nash.

    But seriously, the boxing out is ridiculous. Him and Roy need to step that up.
    I want a big like Z bo who just is a rebounding machine J-mac really frustrates me. It isnt that hard to find a man and put a body on him. That and defense is why we lost the last 2 games.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  21. #90

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I used to have Danny as my avatar, but no more. Dude is NOT interested in defense. I swear he just thinks he can let guys score and he'll just turn around and light them up. A tad bit of arrogance. JMHO...


    It's called the Troy Murphy syndrome.

  22. #91
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Weird. I saw Lance as a nice PG when he played. His defense on Steve Nash was very good. Only thing he could get off is an off balance fadeaway that he didn't hit.

    Lance also got some guys wide open and showed some court vision.

    If he plays SG he will have problems off the ball and he will have problems with teams making him shoot the jumper. I figure if you just have the ball in his hands and put him in a PnR that is a bigger mismatch than having him stand in the corner or something.
    He will be playing PnR reguardless of postion that is his strength.

  23. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Rush did some nice things like getting 8 rebs, but Rush was the 3rd scoring option down the stretch when it was Price and Granger doing it. Foster nor McBob were NOT in the game for "their scoring". This wasn't a time to play a disappearing act on the offensive end. He was needed, but didn't step up to the plate when it was necessary. He couldn't even handle the role of being the 3rd scoring option. Sorry, I expect him to step up when it is necessary, and not hide in the shadows. At this point in the game, he needed to help offensively, the Pacers needed him to show up with some offense, and he just plain failed to do it.
    You don't make Rush your 3rd scoring option if you put Hans in, this goes back to JOB having Posey closing games "because of his shooting" nobody cares to defend Foster and Josh, so you are pretty much playing 3 againts 5 in the offensive end, I don't care how good you are but is going to be hard to score like that.

    By the way the only reason we had a chance to win the game was because Price got hot and was taking it to Brook and Nash, he was able to get open by creating his own shot, neither Rush or Danny were able to do that.

  24. #93
    MarvelousMarvin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I want a big like Z bo who just is a rebounding machine J-mac really frustrates me. It isnt that hard to find a man and put a body on him. That and defense is why we lost the last 2 games.
    We're crazy if we don't make a run at Randolph in the off-season. I'd give him 4yrs/55mil or something like that. He'd probably want more though since he's making $17 mil this year.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarvelousMarvin For This Useful Post:


  26. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're crazy if we don't make a run at Randolph in the off-season. I'd give him 4yrs/55mil or something like that. He'd probably want more though since he's making $17 mil this year.
    Last night he was beasting and most of it was just effort points it was fun to watch. He also has a nice soft touch. he is aveing 20 and 13 beast

  27. #95

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    our PnR defense is terrible we didnt deserve to be in that game.
    Towards the end of reg they did really well defending it though.

  28. #96

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't make Rush your 3rd scoring option if you put Hans in, this goes back to JOB having Posey closing games "because of his shooting" nobody cares to defend Foster and Josh, so you are pretty much playing 3 againts 5 in the offensive end, I don't care how good you are but is going to be hard to score like that.

    By the way the only reason we had a chance to win the game was because Price got hot and was taking it to Brook and Nash, he was able to get open by creating his own shot, neither Rush or Danny were able to do that.
    That and our defense.

    Problem with the way Price played D on Nash is that now we all know how well he can defend. If you can guard Nash, you can guard anyone. He's not allowed to get beat anymore.

  29. #97
    MarvelousMarvin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last night he was beasting and most of it was just effort points it was fun to watch. He also has a nice soft touch. he is aveing 20 and 13 beast
    Yeah I was watching that game to see him and OJ he'd be a really good fit next to Hibbert I think and I'm not too concerned with his off the court stuff. I don't see that Grizz wanting to pay him and Gasol also.

  30. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're crazy if we don't make a run at Randolph in the off-season. I'd give him 4yrs/55mil or something like that. He'd probably want more though since he's making $17 mil this year.
    We complaint about Josh's defense, wait until you see Zach's

  31. #99
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,880
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We complaint about Josh's defense, wait until you see Zach's
    His defense is overblown. he looked solid last night. He doesnt block shots but he is thick and his strong it isnt bad but it isnt good it is pretty ave. But it is better tha Blake Griffens, Amare's and a few other interior stars.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 02-27-2011 at 05:27 PM.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  33. #100
    MarvelousMarvin
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    25
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We complaint about Josh's defense, wait until you see Zach's
    Zach is also better in every facet of the game except athleticism. He isn't Dwight Howard defense but he's average to maybe a little bit below average.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •