Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 196

Thread: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

  1. #26
    You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    honolulu
    Age
    26
    Posts
    7,874
    Mood

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By the way, I think is safe to say that Danny would never be a good defender he is who he is.
    He is a good defender, just not a top flight two-way player where he can dominate on both ends in any given game. I'm not excusing his bad recoveries or whatever cause Hill to get seven threes, but crapping on Danny after this loss doesn't seem like the way to go. Especially against Nash, solid point guard and PnR defense is the key.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

  2. #27
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame threa

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well yeah if we can get a top PG then we're going to do it thats a given but there aren't top 10 pg's on the trading block.
    Yep. We just got to get to the point though that we're not getting routinely outplayed at that spot though.

  3. #28
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,184

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Lance had more assists in four minutes than AJ has had in his past two games combined. I'm ready to see some more Lance (and a lot more AJ too).

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    We've lost the last 2 games to teams with better records than us, disappointing cause we could have won today, but not the end of the world. We looked much worse against Utah & Suns the last time we played them.

    Hill hitting Danny with 34 was disapointing, but Danny had 25Pts 4Rebs 6Ast on 8-17 with 3 steals, 1 blk and only 1TO. Not the disaster some of you are saying he was.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  7. #30
    The Future! AB1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast Indy
    Age
    36
    Posts
    179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by pathil275 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why didn't they foul Nash with <3,5 sec on the clock? They had one to give, right?
    Yes, I want to hear the explanation for that as well.

  8. #31

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    For you guys calling for Hans and Hibbert, Vogel made the right decision today.

    He stayed with the defense. That was the best PnR defense we've played in the last two years (probably a lot longer than that.) And it was against Steve Nash. That's been a problem, but if we can stop Steve Nash, we can stop any PG from doing that.

    The offense did suffer, but I think Vogel just figured that Danny and AJ were enough offense.

    The PGs, Price is my boy obviously, but I'm going to find myself sticking up for DC (again.) We're lucky to have two young good PGs. DC hasn't been playing well, and his defense needs to improve. But he's still good, and he's still very young.

    AJ didn't play a perfect PG game today either. Too many turnovers (although, two of which were just fouls that weren't called) He was out of control a bit, which was unusual for him. He also didn't run the offense particularly well, in stretches. But he also took over the fourth quarter. And his defense has improved remarkably. At this point, he's one of our better defenders. It's too bad we came up short.

    I maintain that we continue to stat DC, and if Price is outplaying him, Price closes.

    Lance, he looked uncomfortable to me. Probably first game jitters. But he looked like a SG being told to play point. He had a pretty pass to PG on the baseline, but his handle isn't that good. He could bulldoze his way into the paint with little Aaron Brooks on him, however, I think he could have bulldozed whomever the shooting guard was too. I'd like to see him played there for a few minutes..particularly if DJones is going to continue to take too many shots and not play defense.

    edit: we didn't foul because if we did, they go to the line. The commentators were wrong.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  10. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where did this 4 losses in 5 games myth come from? we're 2-2 in our last 4.
    Right. The Wizards are so irrelevant that our game against them completely slipped my mind.

    Four loses in six games, struggling against bad and getting beat by mediocre teams. We're not so hot.

  11. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,926

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Four losses in five games. The honeymoon is not only over, thoughts of a divorce are already running through my mind (i.e., finding a new coach in the offseason).
    Seriously? Do you really think any other coach would be doing better right now? Unless you are expecting John Wooden to be our next coach it is highly unlikely any other coach would be doing better.

  12. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously? Do you really think any other coach would be doing better right now? Unless you are expecting John Wooden to be our next coach it is highly unlikely any other coach would be doing better.
    Yes. I can think of a few.

  13. #35
    The Future! AB1077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Southeast Indy
    Age
    36
    Posts
    179

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    It is disappointing, for sure. But I'd like to think that this experience will help our younger guys learn how to close out games in the future.

  14. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    For you guys calling for Hans and Hibbert, Vogel made the right decision today
    .

    I agree with the Hibbert part but I disagree with the Hans part, the Pacers needed offense and had two players with no offense, another thing I don't understand is why Josh and Foster were in the game for that last second call.

  15. #37

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    you people make me laugh

    stop whining

    no way in hell this was frank vogel

    you just love to blame everyone and you people are never happy

    it was a fun late game but a lot of the players didnt do well

    i know you all refuse to blame roy hibbert but he had a ****ty game and for those who want a better pg maybe we should get a better center

    i love darren collison and roy and they are young aqnd our future players

    have a drink
    Last edited by Scot Pollard; 02-27-2011 at 03:21 PM.
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:


  17. #38
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,979

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Geez.

    Thoughts of a divorce already? You've got to be kidding. I'm not saying Frank is the answer, but let's take a step back.

    Most of us here at PD (I'm sure not all) asked for the young players before "he who shall not be named" got fired. Tonight, we got the young players. They will make mistakes. We will lose games.

    I want the playoffs as much as the next guy, but let's take a step back. We need these guys to develop. It seems to me that they are. I'd like to develop them and make the playoffs, but this was just a tough game to swallow. Remember, somebody has to lose. It's never easy to lose an OT game, but it's really ok.

    On to the next one.
    Absolutely. The Pacers lost the last contest with Phoenix by 8 points. At least this game went to overtime. Also, Hans and George got DNP's last time yet we competed better.

    Goodness, this team is filled with rookies and second year players. AJ, Tyler, Hibbert, George, Rush, McBob, Lance, etc...all very inexperienced NBA players. Patience...

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  19. #39
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    931

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've lost the last 2 games to teams with better records than us, disappointing cause we could have won today, but not the end of the world. We looked much worse against Utah & Suns the last time we played them.

    Hill hitting Danny with 34 was disapointing, but Danny had 25Pts 4Rebs 6Ast on 8-17 with 3 steals, 1 blk and only 1TO. Not the disaster some of you are saying he was.
    What I found really disappointing was that at the end of fourth, Danny got sucked into the middle for no reason, leaving Hill open for a three to tie it. Bad defense, and it left the hottest player on Phoenix open at the end of the game. Still, an overtime loss to an over .500 team isn't the end of the world. I think people are expecting to much from this team. We're playing better and we've been competitive in every game under Vogel, and that's still a massive improvement from where we were.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rogco For This Useful Post:


  21. #40

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .

    I agree with the Hibbert part but I disagree with the Hans part, the Pacers needed offense and had two players with no offense, another thing I don't understand is why Josh and Foster were in the game for that last second call.
    They shouldn't have been in the game then.

    But Josh was in because of the PnR defense with the Sun's PF (Frye?)

    Steve Nash will absolutely kill you with the PnR, you have to do your best to stop it.

  22. #41
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,520
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right. The Wizards are so irrelevant that our game against them completely slipped my mind.

    Four loses in six games, struggling against bad and getting beat by mediocre teams. We're not so hot.
    Have you happened to look at our record, we are not that great, improving but still not that great. Potential, yes, still not that good.

    The only loss to a team with a worse record than us was against Detroit, in overtime.

    Perspective maybe?

    A month ago it looked like we might not win another game the rest of the season, things are still much much better.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  23. #42
    Undefeated
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Carmel
    Age
    37
    Posts
    931

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .

    I agree with the Hibbert part but I disagree with the Hans part, the Pacers needed offense and had two players with no offense, another thing I don't understand is why Josh and Foster were in the game for that last second call.
    How many people do we need to run plays for on last second shots at the end of the game? We're really only going to have a first and second option off a set play, and those two had been playing well and hitting the glass. Maybe we were supposed to have a quick shot with chance or offensive rebound, or remember the inbound against Miami where JMac had the pass at the rim? Just to get back into the game and have a chance to win was good. Would have been great to win. I'm still disappointed with Granger's D at the end of the fourth to allow the 3.

  24. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. The Pacers lost the last contest with Phoenix by 8 points. At least this game went to overtime. Also, Hans and George got DNP's last time yet we competed better.

    Goodness, this team is filled with rookies and second year players. AJ, Tyler, Hibbert, George, Rush, McBob, Lance, etc...all very inexperienced NBA players. Patience...
    I agree, I'm just kind of confuse with some of the play calls, like leaving DJ in the game too long and letting Hibbert get abuse without making an adjustment, either way I agree with you that this is a young team and they are still learning.

  25. #44
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,362
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    I still have a problem with a pg Price shooting 12 times in the last 21 minutes , while having only 1 assist and 4 turnovers. I know he hit 6 of 12 shots but this season he was hitting 36% from the field going in.

    He has now got regular run 17+ minutes a game over the last 20 games. Counting today he is shooting 35.4% from 2 point range , 28.3% from 3's, has a total of 37 assist in 343 minutes and 26 turnovers a 1.9 to 1.3 a/to ratio.

    I hope to see Lance get some real minutes , AJ when on can hit his shots ( thats been seldom over the 20 games) but is too shot happy for my liking as a back up pg.

  26. #45
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,979

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree, I'm just kind of confuse with some of the play calls, like leaving DJ in the game too long and letting Hibbert get abuse without making an adjustment, either way I agree with you that this is a young team and they are still learning.
    I didn't see the game, but of course I will still give my uninformed opinion...

    I suspect that Vogel had guys in the game that are executing the defense. The Suns offense came to a grinding halt in the 4th quarter and I suspect Vogel "rewarded" the guys who played good D with court time to motivate the entire team to play better defense. If all that is true, it was a great decision by Vogel. One loss is nothing compared to getting the team to play better D going forward.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  28. #46

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Also, remember Vogel is a young coach too. He is going to make mistakes. Although I think he played the right people most of the time, he probably shouldn't have had foster in with that last second shot.

  29. #47

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    I listened to the game and Slick was really aggitated about not being able to stop the Suns P&R. His comment was it isn't working today and hasn't worked all season, so you have to make some changes. I can still hear Slick saying after the Suns got the ball "here it comes again!"

    I'm very upset with Granger's lack of playing "D". I don't want to hear about his being able to play "D" again. He just flat out doesn't. That and the fact Granger isn't a go to guy when you need clutch play is getting very irritating. Batman he isn't, and the Pacers need a Batman. I'm beginning to wonder if he can fill the roll of Robin at times.

    Speaking of Robin, alias Rush, he's like a scared puppy not knowing what to do when he gets the ball. There is a reason there has been an attempt to trade him the last 2 trade deadlines. What you see is all he's ever going to be, period. I said from the day Bird drafted George that he was drafted as Rush's replacement. Rush isn't part of the future core of this team, and the handwriting is on the wall, if Rush will just take the time to read it, that Rush won't be playing in Pacers uni next season.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:


  31. #48

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    price hit some shots, but honestly, i do not like the way he plays the pg position at all. pgs should not be looking to score first, pass second. that sort of play can be fine for a game or two, but over the long haul it is not conducive to winning basketball.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't see the game, but of course I will still give my uninformed opinion...

    I suspect that Vogel had guys in the game that are executing the defense. The Suns offense came to a grinding halt in the 4th quarter and I suspect Vogel "rewarded" the guys who played good D with court time to motivate the entire team to play better defense. If all that is true, it was a great decision by Vogel. One loss is nothing compared to getting the team to play better D going forward.
    The thing to me is that there was not a huge defensive drop between Hans and Josh, both were doing a decent job in defending the pick and roll, Roy was the one sucking at it and over helping way too much.

  34. #50
    International Counter bellisimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Age
    31
    Posts
    9,106

    Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

    these are the growing pains this young team needs to go through - we couldnt do it the last 3 years when the young players were sitting in the bench during the crucial stretch of the games - so now they're having a go and it and its a good learning period for them...

    would i have been happier if they managed to WIN while learning? absolutely! but you take what you can in these situations - not only is the team learning but I think Vogel is also learning as well...

    We need experience - that is the main thing we're lacking right now.

    Oh and we also need some sort of a reliable play to call in these situations where we can set up a player for a proper shot to win the game for us - these things have been making me cringe ever since Uncle Reg retired...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •