Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Banned

Default Pacers/Suns postgame thread

Ok, this is going to be the 1st time I question Vogel, 3 seconds left and you call a play with Josh and Foster in? why? I like the fact that he stay with AJ Price when he got hot but why no replace Josh with Hans if you are struggling to score? hard loss to swallow,good D by Rush better shot by Frye.

Go Pacers
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-27-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Default Re: ye

exactly

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame threa

Well I have had about enough. No reason for both Foster and Josh to be in there in the fourth/overtime. Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough should have closed. We could have used, you know, an OJ Mayo too. No reason to have Rush, Josh, or Jeff in who crap their pants every time they touch the ball in late games. Paul was creating shots for others and was helping the flow of the game. Terribly coached fourth/overtime.

Getting sick of our bigs setting weak picks and not boxing out. That's pitiful and embarassing. They need to man up.

Danny, get off the team if you're going to let King Ramses III drop 34 points on you. You're defense is pathetic and you show no pride. I want to see you traded if we get OJ Mayo, you're defense is that bad and it rubs off on the other guys. Oh yeah, and make a wide open shot every once in a while too.

I wanted to see more Lance. He did 2x better than Darren Collison did and that says more about how bad DC was.

It's time to mix up the starting lineup. Rush and Josh shouldn't be on the court at the same time; Especially with Danny routinely having crappy first quarters. Start either Tyler or George, I don't care.

Three things that I am optimistic about going forward:

1.) Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and Lance Stephenson
    2.) Hopefully getting OJ Mayo
    3.) Getting a good power forward.
    4.) Trading a package of DC/a future first/one of our bigs/Granger for a point guard.

I know this is overreacting and knee jerk so don't quote me and just ignore me if you don't agree. I'll feel different after I get done taking a nap or play basketball w/ my bros.

Sports Logo

Some forget what they said a few month ago...
    You wanted the young guys, you got the young guys...heck we were witnesses of AJ Price killing the Suns in the fourth...we saw this young team hanging on till the last second of OT!

Young teams lose those games, but it sure gives you a lot of experience to be in such a close one when you are a rookie or sophmore.

I think this was a great game and it was nice to watch this! Sure a W would have been better, but we really got it going in the fourth!

I love Price, George, Hansbrough...I love a lot of the Pacers^^ I actually don't like Rush from time to time...he lost his shot today.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InYaFace For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Channing Frye just keeps getting us. Lets hope Charlotte loses to Orlando which they should....key word: should
    Fire up that tank and drive it to the lottery then to the draft

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Smith For This Useful Post:

hibbert was a *****

I never just or only "Wanted the young guys". I wanted the Playoffs too. And it's reachable if a certain number of them play like they care.

Did you leave out the D in the thread title to reflect the Pacers' first three quarters of play?

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LoneGranger33 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

I need time to process this one. Stings more than most. Here's to a good road trip.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One thing that is clearly evident: The Pacers need to stop getting the ball in DJ's hands every possession when he is in, while Paul George is just stationed in the corner. That needs to switch. Paul can make things happen, DJ takes things away with his black hole-edness.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

It was very limited action, but I liked what we saw from Lance and want to see more. Unfortunately for his minutes, though, we seem to have a logjam at the point for the first time since the mid-1800's.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:

You Did It Joseph!!!! AesopRockOn's Avatar
    Mood

Default Re: Pacers/Suns postgame thread

I tuned in at the end of the 3rd so I don't know the whole story. We came back valiantly on AJ's back. However, the 24-second violations in the clutch KILLED us. Plus, Channing "Kicked in the Nuts" Frye made a big two. It was lame, but I didn't expect to win anyway.
    You Got The Tony!!!!!!

MarvelousMarvin

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I have had about enough. No reason for both Foster and Josh to be in there in the fourth/overtime. Paul George and Tyler Hansbrough should have closed. We could have used, you know, an OJ Mayo too. No reason to have Rush, Josh, or Jeff in who crap their pants every time they touch the ball in late games. Paul was creating shots for others and was helping the flow of the game. Terribly coached fourth/overtime.

Getting sick of our bigs setting weak picks and not boxing out. That's pitiful and embarassing. They need to man up.

Danny, get off the team if you're going to let King Ramses III drop 34 points on you. You're defense is pathetic and you show no pride. I want to see you traded if we get OJ Mayo, you're defense is that bad and it rubs off on the other guys. Oh yeah, and make a wide open shot every once in a while too.

I wanted to see more Lance. He did 2x better than Darren Collison did and that says more about how bad DC was.

It's time to mix up the starting lineup. Rush and Josh shouldn't be on the court at the same time; Especially with Danny routinely having crappy first quarters. Start either Tyler or George, I don't care.

Three things that I am optimistic about going forward:

1.) Paul George, Roy Hibbert, and Lance Stephenson
    2.) Hopefully getting OJ Mayo
    3.) Getting a good power forward.
    4.) Trading a package of DC/a future first/one of our bigs/Granger for a point guard.

I know this is overreacting and knee jerk so don't quote me and just ignore me if you don't agree. I'll feel different after I get done taking a nap or play basketball w/ my bros.
    Darren didn't have a bad game the reason he wasn't in at the end of the 4th/OT was because Price was hitting everything he took. Wanting to trade DC right now is just dumb.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarvelousMarvin For This Useful Post:

I liked what AJ, Brandon, and Danny(offensively at least) did today. It kind of scares me that I was happy AJ kept playing and DC didn't come back, but oh well.

I just wanted more Paul and Hibbert. That's my main complaint.

Banned

Four losses in five games. The honeymoon is not only over, thoughts of a divorce are already running through my mind (i.e., finding a new coach in the offseason).

Banned

By the way, I think is safe to say that Danny would never be a good defender he is who he is.

MarvelousMarvin

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Four losses in five games. The honeymoon is not only over, thoughts of a divorce are already running through my mind (i.e., finding a new coach in the offseason).
    Where did this 4 losses in 5 games myth come from? we're 2-2 in our last 4.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MarvelousMarvin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvin View Post
    Darren didn't have a bad game the reason he wasn't in at the end of the 4th/OT was because Price was hitting everything he took. Wanting to trade DC right now is just dumb.
    I know, but if the opportunity arises and we have a chance to get a top flight PG we got to do it.

We are still routinely getting outplayed at the point guard spot. Yes, DC is a huge upgrade over Earl Watson and TJ Ford, but he's still playing worse than his opponents.

Why didn't they foul Nash with <3,5 sec on the clock? They had one to give, right?

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pathil275 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by InYaFace View Post
    Some forget what they said a few month ago...
    You wanted the young guys, you got the young guys...heck we were witnesses of AJ Price killing the Suns in the fourth...we saw this young team hanging on till the last second of OT!
    when i say i want the young guys, i mean i don't want dahntay jones acting like he's kobe out there. i don't want foster touching the ball twice with less than a minute left in the game, let alone taking jumpers. i want george to have plays actually ran for him. i want collison and hibbert to learn how to fight through bad games.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Where did this 4 losses in 5 games myth come from? we're 2-2 in our last 4.
    THANK YOU!!

You could see just how explosive Lance is with a few jukes he made, but he also gave up his dribble and made a bad pass that Dudley stole and got a dunk on. That's all I noticed from him.

Hibbert had alot blocks but he is just so terrible at rebounding, I feel he is a detriment out there. Add Josh to the mix and it's just total fail on the glass. Hibbert might do better with Tyler or Foster next to him. Something needs to change. I think having Dun out has changed the dynamic for the starters and there is less reason for Josh to be out there with Hibbert than before.

AJ is our best PG, he plays with the most energy, he makes better decisions, I don't care if DC gets pouty, step up your game or take a seat.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

MarvelousMarvin

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    I know, but if the opportunity arises and we have a chance to get a top flight PG we got to do it.

We are still routinely getting outplayed at the point guard spot. Yes, DC is a huge upgrade over Earl Watson and TJ Ford, but he's still playing worse than his opponents.
    Well yeah if we can get a top PG then we're going to do it thats a given but there aren't top 10 pg's on the trading block.

DC played pretty well today and like himself, but AJ was just a scoring machine and he really pulled us back into the game giving him the OT minutes.

DC is one of the last guys that will be going anywhere. He's our PG and will be our PG.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Geez.

Thoughts of a divorce already? You've got to be kidding. I'm not saying Frank is the answer, but let's take a step back.

Most of us here at PD (I'm sure not all) asked for the young players before "he who shall not be named" got fired. Tonight, we got the young players. They will make mistakes. We will lose games.

I want the playoffs as much as the next guy, but let's take a step back. We need these guys to develop. It seems to me that they are. I'd like to develop them and make the playoffs, but this was just a tough game to swallow. Remember, somebody has to lose. It's never easy to lose an OT game, but it's really ok.

On to the next one.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post: