Thread: Is there a particular reason that 10 games aren't televised on FSN a year?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Is there a particular reason that 10 games aren't televised on FSN a year?

I just want to know.. My guesstimate is that NBA wants us to get LP, but I'm not sure. I mean this is 2011 and by now all games should be available to watch on FSN.

Default Re: Is there a particular reason that 10 games aren't televised on FSN a year?

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want to know.. My guesstimate is that NBA wants us to get LP, but I'm not sure. I mean this is 2011 and by now all games should be available to watch on FSN.

no that is not it. Most teams, I would guess 20 televise every game.

(although keep in mind on Sunday afternoon, there cannot be any loval TV for games that are on at the same time as an ABC game, and that is why the game today is at noon and not later afternoon (so the local teams can televize if they want. ABC has a 2:30 game today)

I would guess it has more to do with having trouble selling advertising

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Is there a particular reason that 10 games aren't televised on FSN a year?

Thanks man.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

$$$$

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Better question is.... If 10 games are not televised, why do they choose road games?

Give your season ticket holders the chance to watch all 82 games! Choose 10 home games to not televise!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    Better question is.... If 10 games are not televised, why do they choose road games?

Give your season ticket holders the chance to watch all 82 games! Choose 10 home games to not televise!!
    It's alot cheaper to televise home games than it is to pay people to go on the road.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    It's alot cheaper to televise home games than it is to pay people to go on the road.
    The crew still goes to every game no matter weather they are doing the game or not. I saw Chris Deneri in NJ and in SAC. He normaly tweets something like I am in Jesrey and get to see the game like a normal fan tonight.

It's for financial reasons. FSIN basically picks 72 games that they feel are worth televising. Those they choose not to televise are usually in conflict with the Colts during football season, and the other games are usually Sunday games, or against teams they feel won't bring much for television viewing

Does the Fox Sports Contract leave 10 games available for OTA broadcast and it's just that nobody wants the 10 games?

In the past it could be argued that the local stations have all had their schedules tied to network affiliations BUT now that we're in the digital age and have sub-channels that argument isn't the same.
    O'Brien has been fired! Yay! What took so long?

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    It's for financial reasons. FSIN basically picks 72 games that they feel are worth televising. Those they choose not to televise are usually in conflict with the Colts during football season, and the other games are usually Sunday games, or against teams they feel won't bring much for television viewing
    If that is the case then why was the game at Boston not televised on a Sunday. It was a 1pm game. Surely Boston would bring viewer ship. I believe the colts game was later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    If that is the case then why was the game at Boston not televised on a Sunday. It was a 1pm game. Surely Boston would bring viewer ship. I believe the colts game was later in the day.
    Was that one of the many Colts games that changed its start time? In other words when the Pacers schedule game out was that Colts game scheduled for a 1 PM start time - I bet it was

I think some of the reasons are logistical. One of our neighbors works the games for FSN. He has to be there something like 6 hours before each game. I'd hate to get up that early for the 1 PM games!!

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    The crew still goes to every game no matter weather they are doing the game or not. I saw Chris Deneri in NJ and in SAC. He normaly tweets something like I am in Jesrey and get to see the game like a normal fan tonight.
    I'm sure the camera ppl and producers don't get to go.

"In my day we only had 4 games a year on the television"