Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: pacers gm David Morway Will explain the trade that wasn't/Podcast is already down

Default Re: JMV1070 #pacers gm David Morway at 5:15p today. Will explain the trade that wasn't and more.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Haha, I just said that I thought he was talking about a 2.
    Haha, yeah, I started typing my post and saw yours after I posted mine.

But yes, I think the Pacers are looking for that 2 guard who can put up 15-20 a night consistently.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: JMV1070 #pacers gm David Morway at 5:15p today. Will explain the trade that wasn't and more.

That's how I felt too vnzla. At this point I don't want to talk about Mayo anymore.. The trade falling through broke my heart.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 02-25-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    as was mentioned, Morway said "he's still a Pacers"
    I caught that.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

I've been really angry this deal didn't go down, but if we get a similar player this summer it won't be so bad. The Fighting Vogels will make some noise in the playoffs this year, and then next year we change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    Who besides McRoberts was Memphis willing to take that would make the salaries work, then?
    rush, mcroberts, 1st works for mayo. but was new orleans truly the only option to make it happen? unlikely. and why wait until 2pm to try to find that 3rd team? morway needs to take some accountability for not getting the deal done instead of placing blame elsewhere.

Banned

The interview is down already

http://www.1070thefan.com/jmv/podcast.aspx

What Morway said makes a lot of sense to me. When I first heard about the trade yesterday I was intrigued of course, but also nervous because I don't think we can afford to lose a PF, as thin as we are and as that position has worked well as a "committee" thus far. Knowing that the trade hinged upon us getting a PF back, makes it seem more reasonable, and if he couldn't get that I am not surprised Morway declined to do a deal which would only bring us Mayo.

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

If we're looking for a scoring 2-guard in the summer, the guy I'd want is Stuckey.

He always seems to kill us whenever we play the Pistons.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

key to the pacers offseason, bring in west and mayo. starting lineup of collison, mayo, granger, west, hibbert with an always improving george coming off the bench would be very intriguing. what's disappointing is i really like mcroberts and had that trade taken place, i fully believe we would have resigned mcroberts in the offseason. now i don't see a way of acquiring mayo, without losing mcroberts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It sounded like he and Bird are still gonna keep Mayo in mind.

I'm not gonna be surprised if we do acquire him in the offseason.

We can evaluate the talent with all the contracts expiring and add to the core.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Hopefully learning that he was expendable to the Pacers front office will light a fire under Brandon and we'll see him be a more aggressive scorer out on the floor.
    Wouldn't that have been just as welcomed this year, seeing as how he was almost traded during last year's deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    If we're looking for a scoring 2-guard in the summer, the guy I'd want is Stuckey.

He always seems to kill us whenever we play the Pistons.
    With all the money we will have freed up after this year we could make him a Godfather offer.

Default Re: pacers gm David Morway Will explain the trade that wasn't/Podcast is already down

Every player is expendable. In fact, every player is on the block given the right deal. Michael Jordan would have been traded if a strong enough deal was offered...and let's just say that Brandon and Josh are not MJ.

Why this would hurt anyone's feelings including the players involved only shows that people are not living in reality. Need to grow up. The team that trades for them will turnaround and trade them away too for the right deal.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Expect the Pacers to go after probably Wilson Chandler and Mayo.

John Henson and Rush for Mayo if we draft a big in the draft? 6 or 7 million for Chandler (RFA though).

I really hope this incident with the grizzlies owner will not harm future talks. Mayo would have been a perfect fit here. He would have been that scoring threat that the Pacers need down the stretch. Plus he would have solved our problem with big point guards. Put him in with a heavy defensive unit and we have our defenders and our scorer.

Mayo
    Paul George
    Granger
    Josh
    Hibbert ..... Would be great against a team like the heat where wade and James act as point guards sometimes.

Mayo would have been that matchup solver/microwave scorer/ and another potential NBA all star on a team that is stacked with young growing talent already. Wilson Chandler would probably be viewed as grangers future replacement IMO.
    Just my $0.02

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:

Default Re: pacers gm David Morway Will explain the trade that wasn't/Podcast is already down

I wouldn't be too concerned with mayo getting into much trouble here. He would be around clean guys who would push him to do good things. I know about lance but he was in new York and it wasn't in the middle of a season.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    He sounds mad, because of what people are saying about the franchise.
    After hearing some of the answers from the horse's mouth...do you still think it's a Hoax?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned

Here is Morway transcript about taking on "risky players" in this case explaining the OJ Mayo deal(I think)

"I can guarantee you that, we expend a tremendous amount of effort, time, money, in doing our due diligence in terms of the players that we are going to bring into this franchise, we do extensive background checks, we do sicological profiles"

It looks like they are sure that Mayo is not going to be a problem.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    key to the pacers offseason, bring in west and mayo. starting lineup of collison, mayo, granger, west, hibbert with an always improving george coming off the bench would be very intriguing. what's disappointing is i really like mcroberts and had that trade taken place, i fully believe we would have resigned mcroberts in the offseason. now i don't see a way of acquiring mayo, without losing mcroberts.
    Just like before....if the cost in the Offseason to get Mayo is to give up McBob....I'm cool with that. However, I think that the only reason why they were interested in the Pacers deal is NOT because of McBob himself ( and therefore would want to do some S&T...not that it matters since McBob is a UFA not a RFA )...but what he represented to the Grizzlies a day ago....added depth in the Frontcourt that they were looking for to help make a stronger Playoff push.

My guess is that with a larger FA market to look for some Frontcourt depth...that they'd look elsewhere.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    After hearing some of the answers from the horse's mouth...do you still think it's a Hoax?
    Yes

Sports Logo

Here is Morway transcript about taking on "risky players" in this case explaining the OJ Mayo deal(I think)

"I can guarantee you that, we expend a tremendous amount of effort, time, money, in doing our due diligence in terms of the players that we are going to bring into this franchise, we do extensive background checks, we do sicological profiles"

It looks like they are sure that Mayo is not going to be a problem.
    That's what I was thinking....no way that Bird and Morway would have gone that far if Mayo was going to be a problem. If they were willing to go that far to acquire him....knowing his background in the past....then I would have been more then willing to take him on.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    Mayo would have been that matchup solver/microwave scorer/ and another potential NBA all star on a team that is stacked with young growing talent already. Wilson Chandler would probably be viewed as grangers future replacement IMO.
    Just my $0.02
    Can Chandler create his own shot?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Can Chandler create his own shot?
    He is similar to the matrix

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    rush, mcroberts, 1st works for mayo. but was new orleans truly the only option to make it happen? unlikely. and why wait until 2pm to try to find that 3rd team? morway needs to take some accountability for not getting the deal done instead of placing blame elsewhere.
    Memphis wouldn't take back Rush because they have a logjam at the 2 and 3, hence the reason they were going to trade Mayo in the first place. If we can get more using a third team why not do it? I'm not as upset we're not getting Mayo for a pick and McBob, but that we would've gotten a first and two other assets for Rush and Solo. The deal was in place and NO backed out. Nothing we can do about it.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

He is saying that they made a call after 3pm but NO was getting out of the deal.

[b]He is also saying that this idea of them needing a clock is crazy[b/]
    He must have read my post with the picture of a clock, it was a joke Morway, really it was a joke.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

It just showed tonight that we could of used mayo down the stretch.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post: