Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pacers gm David Morway Will explain the trade that wasn't/Podcast is already down

Banned

Default pacers gm David Morway Will explain the trade that wasn't/Podcast is already down

JMV1070 #pacers gm David Morway at 5:15p today. Will explain the trade that wasn't and more.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Banned

Default Re: JMV1070 #pacers gm David Morway at 5:15p today. Will explain the trade that wasn't and more.

10 more minutes, here hoping that we get some inside info.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: JMV1070 #pacers gm David Morway at 5:15p today. Will explain the trade that wasn't and more.

Can you post some specifics. I'd appreciate it.

Hopefully he gives an update on TJ's situation

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Banned

I was posting in the wrong thread

Banned

He can't name any players names.

He is saying that Memphis said that the deal was done when it wasn't

Banned

He is saying that this whole idea of them being seating doing nothing and waiting until 3pm is just ridiculous

Banned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is saying that there was never a done deal because NO was out of the deal after 3 minutes

He is saying that couple assets were coming back from NO and they were going to help in the future, JMV is trying to get him to say if they were big but he not saying anything.

Banned

He is saying that they made a call after 3pm but NO was getting out of the deal.

He is also saying that this idea of them needing a clock is crazy

well morway, it does indeed sound like you missed the deadline. you had a deal done with memphis but wanted to add another team to make it a 3 team deal. you could have found a 3rd team to make sure the deal got done but you didn't because you ran pass the deadline. you got greedy thinking you could get more out of the deal by adding another team when you had a deal with memphis agreed to. your own fault.

Morway mentioned a few things:

-- They had a deal agreed to, but New Orleans backed out a few minutes later before it was announced.

-- Took a shot at Kravitz and said that the Pacers did not bungle the trade and did not miss the deadline as it was New Orleans pulled out. Discussed that they did not miss the deadline whatsoever.

-- Discussed the trade policy how you call into a que and wait to learn what time your trade call will be announced

-- Said the Pacers were very aggressive in trading players

-- Mentioned that a lot of teams weren't looking at expiring deals this year because so many teams got under the cap last year

-- Mentioned the Pacers are looking for a scorer and they have a few names in mind and will continue to pursue this summer

-- Mentioned he cannot discuss other teams players, but that there were "assets coming back to the Pacers" in the proposed deals

-- Has spoken with Josh & Brandon and said it was not personal and a business

-- Mentioned that when they review players with baggage that they do careful evaluation to determine if the player will fit in

-- Was upset that people were taking shots at the Pacers for bungling the trade as they did not do so

-- Evaluating Ford and will make a decision later

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Banned

He is saying that they expend a lot of money and time in checking players backgrounds, and if they make a deal for a risk player they know what they are doing because they check everything related to the player.

Banned

He sounds mad, because of what people are saying about the franchise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully he gives an update on TJ's situation
    "TJ is still a Pacers" that is what he said.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothdave1 View Post
    Morway mentioned a few things:

-- They had a deal agreed to, but New Orleans backed out a few minutes later before it was announced.

-- Took a shot at Kravitz and said that the Pacers did not bungle the trade and did not miss the deadline as it was New Orleans pulled out. Discussed that they did not miss the deadline whatsoever.

-- Discussed the trade policy how you call into a que and wait to learn what time your trade call will be announced

-- Said the Pacers were very aggressive in trading players

-- Mentioned that a lot of teams weren't looking at expiring deals this year because so many teams got under the cap last year

-- Mentioned the Pacers are looking for a scorer and they have a few names in mind and will continue to pursue this summer

-- Mentioned he cannot discuss other teams players, but that there were "assets coming back to the Pacers"

-- Has spoken with Josh & Brandon and said it was not personal and a business

-- Mentioned that when they review players with baggage that they do careful evaluation to determine if the player will fit in
    Everything said is very relieving.. Especially the bolded parts.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thank you for the recap.

It's time to let it go. There's nothing that can be done at this point, the Pacers have a game tonight against UTAH, and Brandon and Josh are going to be key players the rest of the season.

Hopefully learning that he was expendable to the Pacers front office will light a fire under Brandon and we'll see him be a more aggressive scorer out on the floor. Josh will be just fine, he's been playing very well, and he will continue to play aggressively.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to naptownmenace For This Useful Post:

They were going after either West or Landry from NO I think.....
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Banned

He mentioned that two players were coming back to indiana from NO, I wonder who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    They were going after either West or Landry from NO I think.....
    yes, they were very likely getting greedy. the pacers didn't need to use no as a 3rd team. nor did they need a 3rd team to even make the memphis pacers deal work. they wanted a 3rd team to find a pf to replace mcroberts. pacers got greedy and it backfired.

This needs to be our GM of the future.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by croz24 View Post
    yes, they were very likely getting greedy. the pacers didn't need to use no as a 3rd team. nor did they need a 3rd team to even make the memphis pacers deal work. they wanted a 3rd team to find a pf to replace mcroberts. pacers got greedy and it backfired.
    Who besides McRoberts was Memphis willing to take that would make the salaries work, then?
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:

When Morway said "Scorer", a two or three came to mind and not a 4.. It sounded like a guy who could fill it up FAST and get red, red hot. Admittedly we're going to need this in the fourth quarter when we become a better team.

Realistically who do you guys think that he is talking about? It sounds to me like Jamal Crawford, but that's just me.

Personally I think he'd be a great fit for us. 20 ppg scorer and he can start UNTIL Paul George becomes the man. And yes he is a huge upgrade over Rush/Dunleavy.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Everything said is very relieving.. Especially the bolded parts.
    -- He said the Pacers were looking for a player who could create his own shot in looking for a scorer. As I mentioned before, he said the Pacers have a few names in mind and will be patient with their cap space.

This leads me to believe that the Pacers are targeting a 2. I think they like Brandon, but are not in love with Brandon. We have a lot of depth with guys like Dahntay, Dunleavy, Paul George, Granger, Rush, Posey and potentially Lance sharing time at the wing.

-- Said he has known J-Mac for a long time and it would have been very difficult to trade him. Mentioned that he will be a free agent this summer and will have a decision to make he suggested that there would be interest in J-Mac this summer.

This leads me to believe that the Pacers will want to keep J-Mac, but if a team comes and offers him something crazy, I think the Pacers may let him walk. However, I think the Pacers realize that they still may need help at the 4

-- As far as Ford, as was mentioned, Morway said "he's still a Pacer" and suggested that they will wait and see what the future holds.

I think TJ will be gone by the end of February and will likely sign with a possible contender. I think a team like Miami makes a lot of sense for TJ, as does Portland. For TJ's sake, this is an opportunity for him to try and win a ring, but also resurrect his NBA career and earn a future contract. I thought that I saw TJ tweeted that his father was in town. Perhaps helping him wrapping up things in Indy?

-- Acknowledged that they have high character players on the team, but when they review bringing in new players that they invest a lot of time and resources and weighing the pros and cons of bringing in a potential questionable player.

I got the feel that they were close to bringing in Mayo and had done their homework, a deal just didn't work out. With that said, I think they could explore another player this summer -- even if he has some baggage. Perhaps a guy like Zach Randolph? Mayo?
    Last edited by Smoothdave1; 02-25-2011 at 05:50 PM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothdave1 For This Useful Post:

Haha, I just said that I thought he was talking about a 2. I think the Mayo talk will be brought back, but I don't have confidence that we will get him.

Jamal Crawford, Wilson Chandler, and OJ Mayo are the only guys I see being available that we want in the summer barring something unexpected happening.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 02-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    When Morway said "Scorer", a two or three came to mind and not a 4.. It sounded like a guy who could fill it up FAST and get red, red hot. Admittedly we're going to need this in the fourth quarter when we become a better team.

Realistically who do you guys think that he is talking about? It sounds to me like Jamal Crawford, but that's just me.

Personally I think he'd be a great fit for us. 20 ppg scorer and he can start UNTIL Paul George becomes the man. And yes he is a huge upgrade over Rush/Dunleavy.
    I think he was talking about Mayo but couldn't say his name.