Thread: The busted Mayo Deal / Paul George

Threaded View

Sports Logo

Default The busted Mayo Deal / Paul George

Hello Everyone.
    I'd like to discuss a few things that I've noticed here.

Not very important:

1. The Mayo Deal. Some people here were happy we missed it. And I just wonder... How can you be happy about it?
    Mayo had an outstanding rookie year, was great last year, he sucks this year yes, has problems off the court, so what? How else do you expect to get a player talented as he is? he has huge potential and huge talent, and he's by far better than Rush, Jones and Dunleavy.
    As for losing Mcroberts- Are you guys serious? Josh Mcroberts? You don't want to lose Josh Mcroberts for O.J Mayo? You don't want to lose a role-player for one of the most talented scorers in the NBA? And why? because josh is a local boy? come on! He's no Defensive player of the year and we don't run plays for him on offense. Yes, he brings hustle and energy, which is great, for a BENCH PLAYER! And he's a great passer! which is OK, but what does it have to do with the 4 spot? It's not like he's the next Kidd. A starting Power forward needs to be good on either scoring or defending, and needs to be a good rebounder. Oh yeah, and he also expires this season. So you're not even missing him for THAT long if you really want him.

Something that kind of bothers me:

2. Paul George. I see too many exaggerated posts about him. Too many "He will be a superstar" "Face of the franchise" all that.
    Well, maybe he will be a superstar, maybe he will lead the franchise, who knows. But what makes you think he'll be a superstar? Based on what? Usually superstars are already great on their rookie season. Lebron, Wade, Melo, Durant, Rose the list goes on and on. But that's ok, maybe he's not getting enough minutes, maybe he'll really break out later, I don't know, and I'm not saying there's no chance, this guy has huge potential. But is there a rookie with no potential?
    The "Proven" players, like Wall and Blake, you can say they'll be superstars. they are both starters and produce at a very high level as rookies. But George hasn't even started once yet, and some people here already made him a franchise player.
    Again, I'm not saying he has no potential or talent. All I'm saying is, I think it's too early to decide such things.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post: