Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I'm done.

Default Re: I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah things pretty much really, really, really suck right now for sure..
    I think everyone here (for the most part) is in a generally crummy mood. Whether Mayo would have made any difference nobody will know.

But, I don't think things suck.

We're 9-3.

We have a competent (Or so it seems) coach.

Paul George's future is bright.

Lance is active/court case dismissed

I'll be the first to admit, I'm upset about what happened earlier. Not because I'm in love with Mayo, or even that I wanted a deal to happen. I'm just in a sour mood because of the way it happened.

Regardless, the rest of this season looks promising. As do our future seasons.

Now future players on this team/stars coming here, pssh, that seems like a joke. (Yes, I had to throw in some negativity )

I can't wait for tomorrow nights game. Hopefully once we all head off to bed tonight we can come back tomorrow worried about that game and the rest of this season. No sense in staying hung up on what should have been.

GO PACERS
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    I basically was done after a 10 minute conversation with someone I've went to almost every game with the past 4 years. We laughed for a majority of that ten minute conversation when he said, "Nene man.. I can just see him coming here."

I was like, "F**k you. A Nene and Granger tandem won't do ****." We laughed for a good deal on this (I've honestly not laughed that much in my life, at least on the phone) and agreed that both of us getting giddy over a team that's below five hundred and going to be a first round sweep this year is retarded.

And anyone who thinks we're going to get a superstar through a trade next year is in denial.
    Get that **** out of here. You're just mad that we didn't do a deal.

Basketball is a team game and tandems don't do **** without role players. We are 9-3 since the idiot has been gone and Roy has been averaging 17.7 points per game since he's been gone. That is just terrible, terrible play. Darren is a second year guard and is known around the league as a future fringe all-star. He's a second year guy. Danny is who he is and that is a consistent 20 ppg scorer. Paul George will be a star in this league whether you want him to be a star or not.

You must have not been a fan of the 90's Pacers teams. Who was their star? Where were their amazing tandems? That's right. They were right where we are at right now. We won't peak for 3-4 years and you're just being pessimistic for the hell of it.

Before you bring that "Reality" crap into this, keep in mind that your version of reality is different than everyone else's. Reality sure sucks.. Detroit won the title a couple of years ago and they could have won it two more times. If it weren't for Michael we'd be sitting on some titles too.

Darren Collison
    Paul George
    Danny Granger
    Player X
    Roy Hibbert

With Vogel at the helm and some very solid role players at the very least I think that we will be a perennial semi-conference finals team. I'd like to see you in Oklahoma City's position two years ago. I'd like to see you complain about how Durant is soft and Westbrook will always be a volume shooter who defenses don't trust and Jeff Green is a losing player.

Seriously, get over the fact that we couldn't/didn't trade for a guy who averages 12 ppg in 28 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I think everyone here (for the most part) is in a generally crummy mood. Whether Mayo would have made any difference nobody will know.

But, I don't think things suck.

We're 9-3.

We have a competent (Or so it seems) coach.

Paul George's future is bright.

Lance is active/court case dismissed

I'll be the first to admit, I'm upset about what happened earlier. Not because I'm in love with Mayo, or even that I wanted a deal to happen. I'm just in a sour mood because of the way it happened.

Regardless, the rest of this season looks promising. As do our future seasons.

Now future players on this team/stars coming here, pssh, that seems like a joke. (Yes, I had to throw in some negativity )

I can't wait for tomorrow nights game. Hopefully once we all head off to bed tonight we can come back tomorrow worried about that game and the rest of this season. No sense in staying hung up on what should have been.

GO PACERS
    I was being sarcastic.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I know I'm relatively new here, but let me just get a word in. I completely understand the frustration off the failed deal. I would have liked to have seen how Juice worked out here, as well. However, if I stop to think about it, Juice would have simply been a band-aid at SG, and I don't even think he would have been that great of a band-aid.

PG24 is raw. Nobody knows how he is going to turn out, but I, for one, think his future looks promising and solid, at the very least. I personally feel that if a name like Eric Gordon had come over the wire this afternoon, and we had failed to get that one done, it would have officially been time to question the direction of the team, but when it comes to Gordon you're talking about a guy at a whole other level (IMHO a potential face-of-the-franchise guy, especially in Indiana).

All that being said, let's take a deep breath and continue supporting our 9-3 surging youngsters. After all, don't forget that they've become fun to watch again... just sayin'

I was being sarcastic.
    Haha sorry. My apologies for my little rant

Made me feel a bit better though

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We're playing well, change for change's sake is idiotic.

Southern Indiana; not far from Louisville, KY

I agree man. O.J. Mayo was born to be elite and he eventually will once a couple of things line out for him, and today we really got screwed over by who I'm blaming to be the NBA & David Stern (they own the Hornets; the Hornets held up the trade). I don't think we'll necessarily be a bottom feeder with our current roster in the near future because I think George will turn into a tremendous player (definitely even better than Danny has ever been, which is really saying something for PG), we have solid rotation players, Danny is still an All-Star-caliber player, Darren Collison will definitely always be an All-Star-caliber player, plus Roy could be one of the top centers in the league (which I think he's getting real close already), so all in all, our future as it is is really bright even without Mayo. I am disappointed with not getting O.J. today, but I'm not gonna quit on the Pacers just because the deal didn't go through--we're still 8th in the East right now!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out. We're playing well, change for change's sake is idiotic.
    so we were playing well enoght to compete in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    so we were playing well enoght to compete in the playoffs?
    Compete? I think most teams can compete on a nightly basis.

Win? No

What the hell, are you living in the Twilight Zone?

The Pacers are playing great basketball with a bunch of highly talented young players who will only continue to improve.

And I didn't mention the MASSIVE cap space they will have this summer.

The future is so bright, I've got to wear .

First , let me say I dont think we were getting mayo to keep him, but for a bigger trade on down the line for a 4 ..

I am more disappointed that McBob was the one on the trade block to be honest..

Granted , Mayo is definitely intriguing ,but Josh is a fan favorite as well as one of my top 4 favorite Pacers on this team..

I really hope that Josh doesn't feel like he was sucker-punched in the gut by a team that he literally BLEEDS BLUE AND GOLD for ..

I know when I first read the headline with McBob in the title , as a fan , I felt that way ..

I dunno, IMO when you have a team with a 9-3 record since the Vogel era started , and our guys playing so very well developing GREAT chemistry... YOU DONT F%^% that up... period...

I really hope this doesnt affect chemistry , and our chances at re-signing Josh... I hope it doesnt mean we dont plan on re-signing him either... I want to see him as a lifer here.. much like Foster has been.. As I see him only getting better and carving out his place in our core ..

Even with the trade not going down , although I feel relief , I also feel like the wind has been taken from our sails... Let's hope not..

Last edited by Kemo; 02-24-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Enjoying the Show BrownBearCoffee's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    I am more disappointed that McBob was the one on the trade block to be honest..

Granted , Mayo is definitely intriguing ,but Josh is a fan favorite as well as one of my top 4 favorite Pacers on this team..

I really hope that Josh doesn't feel like he was sucker-punched in the gut by a team that he literally BLEEDS BLUE AND GOLD for ..

I know when I first read the headline with McBob in the title , as a fan , I felt that way ..

I dunno, IMO when you have a team with a 9-3 record since the Vogel era started , and our guys playing so very well developing GREAT chemistry... YOU DONT F%^% that up... period...

I really hope this doesnt affect chemistry , and our chances at re-signing Josh... I hope it doesnt mean we dont plan on re-signing him either... I want to see him as a lifer here.. much like Foster has been..

Even with the trade not going down , although I feel relief , I also feel like the wind has been taken from our sails... Let's hope not..

I'm right there with you. To me, McBob is a Pacer, period. He just fits the bill in my mind for some reason. I certainly hope he doesn't take a personal exception to this mess of a deal.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownBearCoffee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianDudley View Post
    I agree man. O.J. Mayo was born to be elite and he eventually will once a couple of things line out for him, and today we really got screwed over by who I'm blaming to be the NBA & David Stern (they own the Hornets; the Hornets held up the trade). I don't think we'll necessarily be a bottom feeder with our current roster in the near future because I think George will turn into a tremendous player (definitely even better than Danny has ever been, which is really saying something for PG), we have solid rotation players, Danny is still an All-Star-caliber player, Darren Collison will definitely always be an All-Star-caliber player, plus Roy could be one of the top centers in the league (which I think he's getting real close already), so all in all, our future as it is is really bright even without Mayo. I am disappointed with not getting O.J. today, but I'm not gonna quit on the Pacers just because the deal didn't go through--we're still 8th in the East right now!!!
    Born to be elite? The dude already has had plenty of burn to show that he has what he takes, all while taking roids. The guy is a dime-a-dozen guard.

For the record, it wasnt "roids" it was essentially the same supplement chemical that , wasnt it Rashard Lewis had taken unknowing it wasnt allowed?

To me, if you can buy it in a healthfood store , it shouldnt be banned.. but thats just my opinion...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

It was DEHA. You don't really find it in a healthfood store, it's forbidden all over the sports world as an anabolyc substance. He did what he did knowing it.

I want someone to actually come out of la la land and say, "Man, you're an idiot. We will compete in the East next year. And no, not first round sweep, I'm talking a playoff series win."

Not gonna happen.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lol cool story bro! A trade that falls through makes you not a Pacers fan? Guess you weren't really one to begin with.

Man people are taking this pretty hard.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oxxo View Post
    Born to be elite? The dude already has had plenty of burn to show that he has what he takes, all while taking roids. The guy is a dime-a-dozen guard.
    Exactly - If he was so good why was Memphis giving him to us for JMac and a middle first pick in a weak draft? The answer is = he is not the answer! Next year he would merely be George's backup.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

We're going to win eleventy championships in a row followed by Stern having a heart attack due to us doing it without being a large market team. Paul George averages 668 points per game on 73.234523% shooting and OJ Mayo isn't in the league next year. Our trade exception with a first round pick lands us Lebron James who comes off the bench for Danny Granger and Paul George. Dwight Howard begs for us to sign him for the vet's minimum, but we already have Roy Hibbert who averages 27 RPG and 69 points per game and doesn't miss a shot all year and we already have Foster who averages 11 offensive rebounds per game and gets in a fight every single game. Lance Stephenson explodes two years from now and averages 20 assists, 19 points, and 5 rebounds per game making Tyreke Evans look like a scrub. Tyler Hansbrough puts on a couple of pounds next season and he makes Karl Malone/Blake Griffin look like Justin Bieber at 8 years of age.

Tyler Hansbrough works on his passing in the offseason and has a 31 assists game (Most of all time in the NBA).

There. I said it. That good enough GrangerRanger?

Oh yeah, we also sign Magnum Rolle in the offseason and he is the steal of the draft in 2010 as he becomes the next Kevin Garnett.

I hope I don't sound like a homer or anything. I'm right, aren't I?
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 02-24-2011 at 07:53 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    Exactly - If he was so good why was Memphis giving him to us for JMac and a middle first pick in a weak draft? The answer is = he is not the answer! Next year he would merely be George's backup.
    He wasnt good in the locker room got in a fight with Tony Allen on the team plane it was time to move on.(not saying he is a elite but thats the reason they wanted to trade him)

27. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Mood

We're going to win eleventy championships in a row followed by Stern having a heart attack due to us doing it without being a large market team. Paul George averages 668 points per game on 73.234523% shooting and OJ Mayo isn't in the league next year. Our trade exception with a first round pick lands us Lebron James who comes off the bench for Danny Granger and Paul George. Dwight Howard begs for us to sign him for the vet's minimum, but we already have Roy Hibbert who averages 27 RPG and 69 points per game and doesn't miss a shot all year and we already have Foster who averages 11 offensive rebounds per game and gets in a fight every single game. Lance Stephenson explodes two years from now and averages 20 assists, 19 points, and 5 rebounds per game making Tyreke Evans look like a scrub. Tyler Hansbrough puts on a couple of pounds next season and he makes Karl Malone/Blake Griffin look like Justin Bieber at 8 years of age.

There. I said it. That good enough GrangerRanger?

Oh yeah, we also sign Magnum Rolle in the offseason and he is the steal of the draft in 2010 as he becomes the next Kevin Garnett. and tells LBJ he is a cancer to our team and the league

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I was mad when we didn't get Mayo today, but I'm looking forward to the rest of this season more than previous years.

We're on our way to the playoffs and after that, we'll evaluate our team and bring in guys who will make the team good along with our core.

I feel like Bird will keep Mayo in mind. He's a talented player and would be a good piece to this teams core with Paul and Lance backing him up.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:

But I do agree, it does ****ing suck that Larry put his tail between his legs and folded for the third year in a row.
    But he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbert View Post
    But he didn't.
    Yep..Admittedly I was wrong about that one. It was Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    Yada-yada-yada.
    I thought you were done ??

Did I mis-read something ??

35. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post: