Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm done.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I'm done.

...PFFL?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

You're probably right, We should have made a trade, and FA doesn't look too bright. We can still trade before the draft though, maybe we could work something out (that's really what i'm hoping for)
    Our problem is that we don't gamble. We go safe. Teams that go safe get nothing. We're nowhere near being contenders. There's a chance of not even making the playoffs this year. We should have had OJ but who knows what went there.
    So yes, I'm disappointed, but still looking forward to 2 things: getting to the playoffs, and getting a deal done before the draft.

And let me tell you something, most of the people here won't like it:
    Paul george has a chance to develop into something special. However, every player has. Forgive me pacers fans, but I don't see him as our "superstar-franchise-leader" some of you made of him, not yet.
    I want to see him first as a starter before I decide that.

Banned

I agree with this guy you are looking at a Oklahoma City and New York fan now. I can't stand not having a good team anymore not getting OJ Mayo is a joke. Pacer fans are a joke I understand if you don't feel like this guy but if you don't have sympathy then you are just used to losing and thats not a team anyone wants to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George is averging 8.0 points behind crap competition at 20. Kobe Bryant was 17-18 behind better talent.

No comparison there.
    Why even worry or post? You're no longer a fan. I'm confused.

We can still swing a great trade next season. By being under the cap, we can absorb a star player's salary for a team looking for cap relief. It happens all the time.

All is not lost.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Our expirings are now worthless.

Apparently they were worthless to other teams as well but I'm sure you must believe Bird could have just ***** a good deal.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Paul George is averging 8.0 points behind crap competition at 20. Kobe Bryant was 17-18 behind better talent.

No comparison there.
    I thought you left already!

Go...Go NOW!!

You are DONE with US & the Pacers - WE are DONE with you.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:

On the bright side, we no longer have to worry about the Bobcats breathing down our necks for the 8th spot. It's ours to lose.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ksuttonjr76 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Staverman View Post
    Apparently they were worthless to other teams as well but I'm sure you must believe Bird could have just ***** a good deal.
    Try asking my opinion next time.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

/Come on.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Flipped Off The Refs Larry Staverman's Avatar
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by yoadknux View Post
    Our problem is that we don't gamble.
    You mean like taking the gamble on the trade for Murphy and Dunleavy to create a winner and bring back the fans.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Don't be putting words into my mouth.

We know this team needs more going forward and we do have good pieces.
    you said it not me you said "Paul George"

Hey come on man- if I can live through the firing of O'Brien you can live through this.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to flox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    you said it not me you said "Paul George"
    That's all I said.

I was naming someone on this team that's going to be something special for this team.

anyone who feels like quitting on the team probably should. i don't feel like it. so a trade didn't get done- big effin deal. the more i think about it, i am actually glad we didn't change things up. i'd like to see what happens from here on out with the current roster.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clownskull For This Useful Post:

At least we're in a better situation this season than last season.

We're on our way to the playoffs.

Sports Logo

You mean like taking the gamble on the trade for Murphy and Dunleavy to create a winner and bring back the fans.
    That wasn't a gamble
    Going for a troublesome guy like Mayo is a gamble though

Mood

Bye

This is my first post on this board and I am not usually one to post on things like this. I love the insight and the chatter back and fourth about all things Pacers, but this post by GrangerRanger really got to me.

I can see from your info that you are roughly the same age as I am, meaning we grew up watching the exact same pacer teams. We grew up with Reggie, Mark, the Davis Brothers. We went through the transition of players in their 30s to guys like JO, Artest and Sjax. We watched as we threw punches in the palace of auburn hills. Then we watched the next day as Stern systematically ripped our team apart and destroyed a once very proud franchise. So guys like us have made it through the highest of highs with the Pacers and the lowest of lows. But now on deadline day 7 years after the brawl, you are done. Well all I can say is good riddance, think about how much you are over reacting. You came back after Ron Artest climbed into the stands and threw a haymaker at some guy from 8 mile, taking not only that season away from us but also taking away Reggie Millers best shot at a title. You got through that...but OJ Mayo is the straw that broke the camels back? Oj Mayo, the guy who every where he has been he has been in the headlines for everything but making plays? Well if thats the case than i guess you are not the guy that has been on the roller coaster ride that is being a Pacer fan.
    Its very easy to go ahead and give up all allegiance when you have guys like Lebron to go root for. Guys who like yourself quit when the first little thing doesn't go right. This team and franchise has crawled back from the brink to become the most financially flexable team going into this offseason. It doesn't make sense to make a trade for trades sake, especially for a guy who is a headcase. Not to mention plays the one position where it looks like we have the next superstar in Paul George.
    The reason Im posting this is not to just single GrangerRanger out. But i have a feeling over the last few years this is has been the reaction by quite a few "Pacers Fans". Just because we are not winning 50 games a year like early in the decade, people decide to jump off the bandwagon, but now we are relevant again and the front office still can't catch a break. Its just very frustrating to me and i am sure most of you true blue fans out there to see someone just come out and bash this team, cause we don't/can't make a trade for a big name guy. We have done a damn good job with building this team! Could we use help, hell yeah we could use more help. Boston, LA, Miami were all looking to get better today, and they are the best of the best allegedly. But getting better doesn't mean leveraging your franchise to get a questionable talent. Maybe Im in the minority but I like standing pat and waiting out the new CBA and free agency. More importantly though I love this team...Win Lose or Draw...Whether we win 60 games or 10, in a city like this, a market like this we have to have our "true" fans. So GrangerRanger jump off the bandwagon...I hear the clippers have open seats.

Sorry for the rant on the first post, i just cant stand bandwagon fans

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sanders31 For This Useful Post:

I don't know GrangerRanger. But this guy has posted over 800 times and been a member since 2007.

We all have those moments, as fans and in life generally, when something gets so frustrating it feel like it's time to throw up hands and quit. EVERYONE does.

Shouldn't PD posters look at the guy and encourage him to keep caring, step away from the computer for awhile, and come back, rather than bid him goodbye as if it's no big deal? Maybe it's me feeling like we should be a team amongst ourselves, but I think our goal is to remind him how it made sense to stand pat without a knee-jerk trade, develop our young talent, and see what happens. If we disagree, we disagree. But it's not something to lose a poster over, and it's our job to remind him to stay. Isn't it?

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MTM For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Gamble? we knew what Murpleavy was it wasnt a gamble it was plain stupid

29. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

I basically was done after a 10 minute conversation with someone I've went to almost every game with the past 4 years. We laughed for a majority of that ten minute conversation when he said, "Nene man.. I can just see him coming here."

I was like, "F**k you. A Nene and Granger tandem won't do ****." We laughed for a good deal on this (I've honestly not laughed that much in my life, at least on the phone) and agreed that both of us getting giddy over a team that's below five hundred and going to be a first round sweep this year is retarded.

And anyone who thinks we're going to get a superstar through a trade next year is in denial.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrangerRanger For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Yeah things pretty much really, really, really suck right now for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by MTM View Post
    I don't know GrangerRanger. But this guy has posted over 800 times and been a member since 2007.

We all have those moments, as fans and in life generally, when something gets so frustrating it feel like it's time to throw up hands and quit. EVERYONE does.

Shouldn't PD posters look at the guy and encourage him to keep caring, step away from the computer for awhile, and come back, rather than bid him goodbye as if it's no big deal? Maybe it's me feeling like we should be a team amongst ourselves, but I think our goal is to remind him how it made sense to stand pat without a knee-jerk trade, develop our young talent, and see what happens. If we disagree, we disagree. But it's not something to lose a poster over, and it's our job to remind him to stay. Isn't it?
    Generally speaking I think that's the way things are nowadays. I get the perception that is easier to hate than to love, easier to ignore than to care.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Before you stop reading and think "Oh, what an over-reacting idiot," please at least try to hear me through here. I'll try to steer clear from all those old cliches "I'm no longer a fan posts," since this will be my official farewell to the 15 years of Pacer fandom.
    Quick, que the violins. We don't have violins? How about a sound track of Slick singing, "Turn Out the Lights"?

Sports Logo

I basically was done after a 10 minute conversation with someone I've went to almost every game with the past 4 years. We laughed for a majority of that ten minute conversation when he said, "Nene man.. I can just see him coming here."

I was like, "F**k you. A Nene and Granger tandem won't do ****." We laughed for a good deal on this (I've honestly not laughed that much in my life, at least on the phone) and agreed that both of us getting giddy over a team that's below five hundred and going to be a first round sweep this year is retarded.

And anyone who thinks we're going to get a superstar through a trade next year is in denial.
    Not a superstar. but I never would have guessed we could do this mcbob+first for OJ, and it almost happened.
    who knows whats going to happen later