Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Finishes?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Who Finishes?

Jay, I fully realize that wasn't the starting lineup of the 87 Pacers.

I said its the lineup I PREFERRED.

I never was a Stipanovich fan

John Long 4 Life. Word.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Is amazing how many morons don't realize that Starting means slightly more than Nill(Sp). Its PT that matters.
    [edit=535=1095820990]Spelling[/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by Destined4Greatness
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is amazing how many morons don't realize that Starting means slightly more than Nill(Sp). Its PT that matters.
    Um, oh brilliant one, pray tell what exactly is the title of this thread?

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Okay.

How could you be a Laimbeer fan and not a Stipo fan? If the Pacers were a better team, Stipo might have been as notorious as Laimbeer.

I was a big, big John Long fan. You guys had so much depth in the backcourt that he was wasting away as the fourth guard.

Don't know if you remember the story, but the Pistons brass refused to trade Long to another team in the division, so they traded him to Seattle. Appearantly, DW had a little deal worked out with Seattle because a couple of days later, Long was back in the Central Division.

Chuck Person and John Long were huge upgrades over Stansberry and Kellogg.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

How could you be a Laimbeer fan and not a Stipo fan? If the Pacers were a better team, Stipo might have been as notorious as Laimbeer.
    Yeah, but Laimbeer had this thing called TALENT....Stipo just liked to hit people.....well, that and throw the ball away...

I was a big, big John Long fan. You guys had so much depth in the backcourt that he was wasting away as the fourth guard.
    Yeah, but he suffered during the Dick Vitale years, he dersved a medal of honor from us. A championship ring was the least we could do..

Chuck Person and John Long were huge upgrades over Stansberry and Kellogg.
    Yeah, but that Stanberry sure could fly, couldn't he?

What did you have against special K? I thought he was the best player on the team for a couple years...
    [edit=64=1095822739][/edit]

Yeah, those that have different opinions must be morons.

Destined, you never disappoint me man. Each one of your posts almost always either make little to no sense or makes me chuckle. Sometimes, as an added bonus, it's both.

This was a chuckler.
    [edit=424=1095823383][/edit]
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipperZ
    Reggie is still a better SG than Freddie Jones. Freddie Jones is a solid player, but will never amount to anything past backup SG regardless of what team he plays on or how much experience he has. (unless he gets traded to the bobcats this year).
    In the interest of civility, I will say that your comment is "misguided". If I wasn't being so civil, I'd probably say it was retarded, ignorant, or downright stupid.

oh im sorry, apparently Fred Jones has done something so magnificent last year that my opinion that he will never be a starting caliber shooting guard is "retarded ignorant and downright stupid"

what pray tell did his 4 points and god knows how little assists and rebounds a game show you about his ability to become a starting caliber sg in this league? was it the offensive OUTBURST against boston in the first round of the playoffs? A whopping 8 pts a gmae.

anyone looking at those stats would call him a joke. I watch pacer games. So i know better. I acknowlodge that he's a good player, and a better than good defender. He's at a point right now in his career, where he's on a thin line between career backup sg, and a player that can amount to somethign greater. He's nearing the prime of his career age wise. So tell me what exactly WOWED you last year that makes my comment not only wrong, but RETARDED.

what exactly did u see that proves my comment RETARDED? is he as good as quentin richardson? Or Joe Johnson, Eddie Jones, Allan Houston, Sprewell, Jamal Crawford, Doug Christie, Voshon Lenard, Maggette, Rip HAmilton, Ricky Davis, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Miller, Derek Anderson, and all the other average to good starting sgs in the league? because if you do, then im not the retarded one here buddy.

And how could u KNOW SO SURELY that he WILL BECOME in the FUTURE as good as those guys? do you HAVE a time machine? or a crystal ball? That youre SO SURE that he's gonna be THAT good that you can call my comment DOWNRIGHT STUPID?

Because YOU think he has a shot doesnt make people who disagree with you DOWNRIGHT STUPID.

Some people have blinders on about some players. Freddie Jones at this point is nothing but a bench player, and his chance of becoming a starting caliber sg is about the same as someone like Keyon Dooling has of ebing a starting caliber pg in the league. The only difference is that Dooling isnt on YOUR Team.

Sorry to go off on this but i hate people who just DERIDE other peoples opinions just because they arent the same as theirs. Especially when they dont give anything to back them up, but just feel free to call a post IGNORANT RETARDED AND DOWNRIGHT STUPID. Your comment was the ignorant one buddy.

Other people on this board, I would say the majority, disagree with me on the fact that Freddie is a lifetime backup. But you didnt see no one else come out and call me retarded did u? no because they have respect for others opinions as long as those opinions arent hateful or hurtful in any way. and if anyone WERE to say anything in response to my post it certainly would have more meaning than what you wrote. You could at least tell me WHY you think Fred Jones has potential to be that caliber a player instead of just calling me stupid. dick.
    [edit=221=1095875167][/edit]

Banned

Reggie is still a better SG than Freddie Jones. Freddie Jones is a solid player, but will never amount to anything past backup SG regardless of what team he plays on or how much experience he has. (unless he gets traded to the bobcats this year).

In the interest of civility, I will say that your comment is "misguided". If I wasn't being so civil, I'd probably say it was retarded, ignorant, or downright stupid.

oh im sorry, apparently Fred Jones has done something so magnificent last year that my opinion that he will never be a starting caliber shooting guard is "retarded ignorant and downright stupid"

what pray tell did his 4 points and god knows how little assists and rebounds a game show you about his ability to become a starting caliber sg in this league? was it the offensive OUTBURST against boston in the first round of the playoffs? A whopping 8 pts a gmae.

anyone looking at those stats would call him a joke. I watch pacer games. So i know better. I acknowlodge that he's a good player, and a better than good defender. He's at a point right now in his career, where he's on a thin line between career backup sg, and a player that can amount to somethign greater. He's nearing the prime of his career age wise. So tell me what exactly WOWED you last year that makes my comment not only wrong, but RETARDED.

what exactly did u see that proves my comment RETARDED? is he as good as quentin richardson? Or Joe Johnson, Eddie Jones, Allan Houston, Sprewell, Jamal Crawford, Doug Christie, Voshon Lenard, Maggette, Rip HAmilton, Ricky Davis, Stephen Jackson, Reggie Miller, Derek Anderson, and all the other average to good starting sgs in the league? because if you do, then im not the retarded one here buddy.

And how could u KNOW SO SURELY that he WILL BECOME in the FUTURE as good as those guys? do you HAVE a time machine? or a crystal ball? That youre SO SURE that he's gonna be THAT good that you can call my comment DOWNRIGHT STUPID?

Because YOU think he has a shot doesnt make people who disagree with you DOWNRIGHT STUPID.

Some people have blinders on about some players. Freddie Jones at this point is nothing but a bench player, and his chance of becoming a starting caliber sg is about the same as someone like Keyon Dooling has of ebing a starting caliber pg in the league. The only difference is that Dooling isnt on YOUR Team.

Sorry to go off on this but i hate people who just DERIDE other peoples opinions just because they arent the same as theirs. Especially when they dont give anything to back them up, but just feel free to call a post IGNORANT RETARDED AND DOWNRIGHT STUPID. Your comment was the ignorant one buddy.

Other people on this board, I would say the majority, disagree with me on the fact that Freddie is a lifetime backup. But you didnt see no one else come out and call me retarded did u? no because they have respect for others opinions as long as those opinions arent hateful or hurtful in any way. and if anyone WERE to say anything in response to my post it certainly would have more meaning than what you wrote. You could at least tell me WHY you think Fred Jones has potential to be that caliber a player instead of just calling me stupid. dick.

I couldn't have re-inforced my point any better. thanks.

ImReppinBtown

The only reason people think Fred Jones is going to be something more than a bench player is because he can dunk with the best of them. Sure he has good D, but thats about it. If Jones wouldnt have been in/won the dunk contest last year he wouldnt have had the confidence to be the player he is now. He's a good off - the - bench player.

I couldn't have re-inforced my point any better. thanks.
    In the "interest of civilty", I'm going to say that I don't really agree with that comment, or any of your other comments on this thread.

However, If I weren't such a civil and nice guy, I'd probably say something like burn in hell you effing *******.

No offense man, really. I wasn't insulting you or anything. That just what a different me would say.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Roy, I'm not sure some of the new kids know where you're coming from.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

im not sure how that reinforced your point. I was under the impression that your point was that Fred Jones will become a player capable of starting on a good basketball team. My post certainly didn't reinforce that point.

Can some of you please simmer? There's never a good reason to start name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood

Destined, you never disappoint me man. Each one of your posts almost always either make little to no sense or makes me chuckle. Sometimes, as an added bonus, it's both.

This was a chuckler.
    This was a chuckler really, thanks. WTF can't debate the point so you just laugh. That is why it is moronic. The people who support it, can't make an argument for it.

Soup, you are pathetic you make fun of me for making fun of other peoples beliefs, maybe its my belief they are morons. You hypocrite.

Let me make this simple since you are obviously not intelligent.

You denounce me for doing something, while doing the same thing. You=Hypocrite.

This was a chuckler.
    This was a chuckler really, thanks. WTF can't debate the point so you just laugh. That is why it is moronic. The people who support it, can't make an argument for it.

Soup, you are pathetic you make fun of me for making fun of other peoples beliefs, maybe its my belief they are morons. You hypocrite.

Let me make this simple since you are obviously not intelligent.

You denounce me for doing something, while doing the same thing. You=Hypocrite.
    Yeah this one goes under the "makes no sense" category.

What point was there to debate? You called people morons, I'm sorry, was I supposed to counter that?

It was my impression that you called them morons because they had a certain opinion. You say you just think a lot of people who post here are morons. If this was truly what you meant, I think you would have worded it differently, but whatever.

And I'm not going to sit here and argue my intelligence with you, it's pretty pointless. You obviously think you're smarter than most here.

I never shot down anyone's opinion's, I just stated my opinion of your posts.

Now children........

KStat, I've always wondered, what's your name mean? There is a radio station named KSAT I think, does that have anything to do with it?

sweabs

KStat, I've always wondered, what's your name mean? There is a radio station named KSAT I think, does that have anything to do with it?
    Yeah, there is also a streetballer named Kstat.

Ahh, I see.

I've watched about two minutes of streetball in my entire life, so no wonder I was so in the dark on that one.

sweabs

Ahh, I see.

I've watched about two minutes of streetball in my entire life, so no wonder I was so in the dark on that one.
    No...I was just guessing as well.
    I'm not sure if that is what the name is after...

SO lets review the possibilities.....

A) KSAT radio (whatever that is)
    B) Kstat street baller (good guess)
    C) I'm a Kansas State graduate
    D) I'm a big fan of strikeouts......
    E) none of the above.

Yeah, I'd tell you which one it is, but you can probably guess for yourselves. I was never a big And1 fan.

For your information, its a nickname I got back in high school. My first name starts with a K. the "stat" has to do with the fact I remember every little statistic imaginable, specifically pertaining to basketball.

My schoolmates gave me a "Kstat" Tshirt. I guess it just stuck in basketball circles.

Normally, I just go by "K."
    [edit=64=1095905920][/edit]

dddd

Quote Originally Posted by ImReppinBtown
    The only reason people think Fred Jones is going to be something more than a bench player is because he can dunk with the best of them. Sure he has good D, but thats about it. If Jones wouldnt have been in/won the dunk contest last year he wouldnt have had the confidence to be the player he is now. He's a good off - the - bench player.
    I don't agree at all.

I believe Freddie will make it for a lot of other reasons. Sure he has athleticism and hops. And his D is among the best in the league at SG.

But even with a short career and not much opportunity to play, last season he made significant strides in his perimeter and mid-range shooting abilities.

These are skills that he began showing a few weeks before the All-Star game, by the way. So I would think that his having the confidence to win the dunk contest may have derived from the success he was having for the season, and not the other way around.

But I would ask you. Freddie has athleticism, quickness, hops, defensive abilities and the ability to slash. Assuming that his improved shooting was not a fluke and he maintains the same consistency from this point on, just what more would you require from a starting SG?

[edit=98=1095960015][/edit]