Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postgame comments after loss to Raptors

Default Postgame comments after loss to Raptors

"I was proud of our guys' effort to fight back in the game. We didn't defend well enough, we didn't rebound well enough, Barbosa got off and he was the difference in the game." -- Vogel

"Defense let us down and when we did get stops we didn't rebound the ball. We've got to do better in those two areas." -- Vogel

"(Hansbrough)'s progressing very well and he still has a long way to go. He's playing well but his ceiling his high. When you play as hard as that kid does, you're still making a lot of the mistakes young players make, he starts cleaning all that up then we're going to be a really good basketball team." -- Vogel

"I'm not even thinking about next season, obviously. I'm thinking about getting in the playoffs and we're playing the guys we think give us the best chance to get in the playoffs and that's a lot of young guys." -- Vogel

"I can't figure (the slow starts) out, to be honest with you. It's just something that we have to take upon ourselves, to come out and have better starts and be prepared better. You can look at defensive rotations, getting back in transition, picking up people, finding shooters, different things like that. It starts with us though, I can tell you that. We didn't get our jobs done from the get-go." -- Hansbrough

"If I was on him (Barbosa), I would have took his head off and I would have been suspended for a game for a flagrant foul," Danny Granger fumed. "Stuff like that will sit in the back of your head the next time we play Toronto. We don't play them again but if I was on him, I would have taken his neck off."

"I can't remember (first incident) but, like I said, it'll sit in the back of your mind next time you play Toronto," he said. "That's unsportsmanlike. I would have taken his head off and busted his lip. That's just me though."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/rewind_110311.html

Default Re: Postgame comments after loss to Raptors

I'm with ya DG. Barbosa is a little pussy

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to granger33 For This Useful Post:

Wait what did LB do that was unsportsmanlike?

"Stuff like that will sit in the back of your head the next time we play Toronto. We don't play them again but if I was on him, I would have taken his neck off."

Granger confronted Barbosa at the whistle, yelling at him to dribble out the clock. Several other players joined the argument, including Toronto's Reggie Evans and Jose Calderon.

The Raptors said the shot was payback for a play at the end of Toronto's 104-93 loss in Indianapolis on Jan. 31, when Darren Collison hit a late 3-pointer.

"You can't give respect if you don't (get) respect," Barbosa explained.

Granger said he didn't recall the original incident.

"I can't remember but, like I said, it'll sit in the back of your mind next time you play Toronto," he said. "That's unsportsmanlike. I would have taken his head off and busted his lip. That's just me though."

Barbosa said he knew the Pacers were going to get mad about his shot, adding that he considered the exchange finished.

"For us, it's even," Barbosa said. "We won't do that anymore if they don't do it."

LOL .. I remember that too, kinda funny

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post

"For us, it's even," Barbosa said. "We won't do that anymore if they don't do it."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

I don't blame Barbosa at all. I recall at the time saying that DC took a shot you only take in NBA 2K11 to boost your player's stats.

I don't recall hearing any of the Raptor's players mouthing off to the media about smacking DC in the mouth after he did the same exact thing.

They just remembered it and came out and whipped the Pacers asses, with a cherry on top.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

i really wish danny would just stfu and worry about his own game. you can't even stick with a 38yo grant hill, what makes you think you would be able to stick with barbosa long enough to even foul him?

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to croz24 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hibbert View Post
    I don't blame Barbosa at all. I recall at the time saying that DC took a shot you only take in NBA 2K11 to boost your player's stats.
    I remember that as well. But I think we had the shotclock at like 24 when the time was 24.3 seconds so we had to shoot or it was a TO

AUSTRALIA'S NO.1 PACER FAN

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to granger33 For This Useful Post:

Our players can't even make post game comments without being complete asses.

This one's for you Danny.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Guys the DC shot he heaved up from the corner as the shot clock was expiring at damn near half-court I thought he was just trying to hit the rim at the time I think even Darren was shocked it went in.

But yeah the fact that the raptors were so butt hurt over it they felt the need to exact some sort of BS revenge on us is retarded. If Danny does something back to Barbosa whenever we play them again it'll be ridiculous then too. Seriously what are we going to do start a rivalry with Toronto at who can suck the least? Give me a break Danny. Get mad at your teammates for not playing defense who gives a damn what freaking leandro barbosa says or does he won't even be in the league in the next few years.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

File this under who cares. Two losing teams bickering about a last second shot? I guess if it makes some players think their season has some relevance...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to special ed For This Useful Post:

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

They should be more concerned about what Barbosa did before the last few seconds.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:

I've liked Granger from day one - which is why those comments from him are very disappointing. Am I wrong? Doesn't that seem out of character for him? I hope this team gets their **** together soon. They need a moral boost.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MyUsername For This Useful Post:

VERY OUT OF CHARACTER....
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Danny, Just STFU and play better. No one really gives a **** about you acting tough after the final horn!

Right now, you should be more embarrassed about getting out classed by Barbosa in the first 47 minutes and 55 seconds to worry about his last second lay-up.

Anywho, I actually did remember thinking what DC did in Indy was on the "bush-league" side against the Raptors...
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

At least Danny is showing emotion. His comments shows that he still cares about winning and losing.....

It also shows he is very frustrated with everything right now...with what is going on and the losing streak.

We don't know what is going on in the locker room but this team will grow from it.

If we make the play-offs great it is a learning experience for the young guys...really for everyone.

If we don't make the play-offs we will be picking 9th or 10th with a shot at top 3 pick.

Either way its a win/win situation.

Bird will be patient this off season and make some/a good trade(s), we will get a good guy in the draft. Our young guys will be more experienced with a new coach to hopefully have a new that has a whole off season to get them into his system.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to esabyrn333 For This Useful Post:

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333 View Post
    At least Danny is showing emotion. His comments shows that he still cares about winning and losing.....
    True... I just took his "toughness" against Barbosa and the Raptor's after the final horn as "disingenuous".

Quote Originally Posted by esabyrn333
    It also shows he is very frustrated with everything right now...with what is going on and the losing streak.

We don't know what is going on in the locker room but this team will grow from it.

If we make the play-offs great it is a learning experience for the young guys...really for everyone.

If we don't make the play-offs we will be picking 9th or 10th with a shot at top 3 pick.

Either way its a win/win situation.

Bird will be patient this off season and make some/a good trade(s), we will get a good guy in the draft. Our young guys will be more experienced with a new coach to hopefully have a new that has a whole off season to get them into his system.
    Thanks for the calming thoughts on the whole situation.... Not too many of those are being found on the digest these days.

Blow it up
    Trade everybody
    Last edited by Roaming Gnome; 03-12-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:

I don't think DG has room to talk - not only after the Collison thing - but after the cheap-shot pass he threw AT Davis after he was called for travelling in the 3rd last night. The one where he got a tech. That was weak style. Then he compounded it by running down the court laughing like a little kid who'd just gotten away with something.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by PacersFan1991 View Post

"If I was on him (Barbosa), I would have took his head off and I would have been suspended for a game for a flagrant foul," Danny Granger fumed. "Stuff like that will sit in the back of your head the next time we play Toronto. We don't play them again but if I was on him, I would have taken his neck off."

"I can't remember (first incident) but, like I said, it'll sit in the back of your mind next time you play Toronto," he said. "That's unsportsmanlike. I would have taken his head off and busted his lip. That's just me though."

http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...t|IndyStar.com

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/rewind_110311.html
    And if you'd have had this same attitude all year, maybe we wouldn't be circling the drain...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetime’s worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

Those comments by Danny just further prove his head is not in the game. Not to mention that his attitude has changed significantly.

Start playing to win from the opening tip and you won't have to worry about teams rubbing it in when the game is out of reach.

We need a leader in the worst way, and Danny clearly is not it.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I think Danny is lost. It's as if he has been "posing" as the leader, knowing himself, that he doesn't have that in him, and he is desperately trying not to be exposed as a fake. Leaders are born! If a player has true leadership qualities, those characteristics will be noticed imediately. It is unfortunate for Danny that he has been put in this position, because what he is, is a really good basketball player, that I feel would thrive playing next to a proven leader.

Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    They should be more concerned about what Barbosa did before the last few seconds.
    No question.

Also, it's not like Toronto was up 20 points and poured in more. I think Granger needs to shut his trap and start defending better. Also, he needs to let his ego go and step aside for Paul George.

Just get over it Danny. You're a very good player. You're just not going to be the #1 guy as soon as next year. I think you know that.

I didn't see last night, but the shot clock was going to expire when Collison took that shot. When was the last time you saw someone just stand there and take the turnover? I can't recall it once.

There's nothing wrong with him taking that shot.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

Yes. His ego is what holds Paul George from playing like Michael Jordan.
    I don't know what you think, but from what I've seen, they have pretty good chemistry. The alleyoop pass for example. And last night after George had an And One Granger "confronted" him or I'm not sure how to call it