Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Turmoil in N.Y. may turn into a nightmare for me

Banned

Default Re: Turmoil in N.Y. may turn into a nightmare for me

I don't want to see him back, he is showing once again that he falls in love with talent, he doesn't want to trade a bunch of role players for one of the best players in the league, just stupid.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

FisolaNYDN Frank Isola
    by WojYahooNBA
    James Dolan believes that if Isiah were involved from the start LeBron would be a Knick. Feels he got Amar'e & that he is delivering Carmelo
    1 hour ago

Is Dolan on crack? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha to all of the Knick fans that have to go through this crap again.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think Donnie is past his prime, in that the players and their motivations have changed and he has not changed with them. I do not think he would be the best choice for GM.

That said, though, with the understanding that his weakness is taking the final step but his strength is building everything up to that step, aren't we in the position where he did the best while he was here before?

I've mentioned before that I'm not certain how Morway is perceived in the hallways of PS&E, that if we aren't careful we could be looking at internal management tensions I've seen in places like Atlanta. I think Morway was the person who had problems with Mel and others who have been fired - I don't know all sides of the story, but it makes me concerned.

I don't want the "two-headed monster", but I can't believe there is nothing Donnie could contribute to this franchise.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is only good news for the Pacers. I feel bad for Walsh. I feel equally bad for Melo and Staudamire cause they are in a for a crappy ride. Only a greedy fool would go to the Knicks with Zeke calling the shots.
    I don't feel bad in anywayfor Melo.....if he was willing to sign with the Nets, he wouldn't have to deal with this. As for Amare, I'm not going to feel bad for him, he can cry himself to sleep in his bed of money.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think Isiah knows talent for the most part, he just doesn't know that other things come that talent. Character, chemistry, emotions, etc...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to pwee31 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I don't want to see him back, he is showing once again that he falls in love with talent, he doesn't want to trade a bunch of role players for one of the best players in the league, just stupid.
    I don't want to see him back either, but I don't think the Melo trade is as simple as you are making it out to be. He knows that one way or another, Carmelo is going to wind up on the Knicks. Why trade promising young players (even if they are just role players) and draft picks when you could keep them and get the guy you want in the offseason? Far from stupid if you ask me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I think Isiah knows talent for the most part, he just doesn't know that other things come that talent. Character, chemistry, emotions, etc...
    His ego gets in the way too. He thinks he can turn these guys around and get them to work harder and play harder for him.

I will say one thing for Isiah: I think he has a keen eye for talent.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I don't want to see him back either, but I don't think the Melo trade is as simple as you are making it out to be. He knows that one way or another, Carmelo is going to wind up on the Knicks. Why trade promising young players (even if they are just role players) and draft picks when you could keep them and get the guy you want in the offseason? Far from stupid if you ask me.

Yep agreed.. Zeke is the one that wants to trade all of their assets away (Felton, Chandler, Fields, Gallo) and Walsh just wants to be patient and give away least as possible for Melo because he knows no matter what Melo is going to be in NY.

It's only stupid if Carmelo wouldn't sign with them during the summer anyway. However, it appears as though that's exactly what Melo is likely to do: Sign with the Knicks.

So if that is the truth, then it is stupid to trade for him now. Wait 5 months (or whenever; lockout concerns) and then add him to your team without having to give up any of your current players.

If they seriously think he's more likely to go anywhere besides New York, then I agree with you that they should just do what it takes to trade for him now (assuming he signs the extension). But it sure looks like NY is his #1 choice anyway.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

I will say one thing for Isiah: I think he has a keen eye for talent.
    Sort of.

One negative I recall is that apparently we were set to draft Tayshaun Prince, but it was Isiah who pushed us to take Fred Jones instead.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Sort of.

One negative I recall is that apparently we were set to draft Tayshaun Prince, but it was Isiah who pushed us to take Fred Jones instead.
    One (alleged) mistake doesn't mean he doesn't have a good eye for talent.

I'd hope that if Simon even considers this idea with Walsh that we can find a new owner loyal to Indiana for the Pacers ASAP.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

Which is totally ironic if you've read Simmons' story about Isiah telling him about "The Secret".

Banned

It's only stupid if Carmelo wouldn't sign with them during the summer anyway. However, it appears as though that's exactly what Melo is likely to do: Sign with the Knicks.

So if that is the truth, then it is stupid to trade for him now. Wait 5 months (or whenever; lockout concerns) and then add him to your team without having to give up any of your current players.

If they seriously think he's more likely to go anywhere besides New York, then I agree with you that they should just do what it takes to trade for him now (assuming he signs the extension) But it sure looks like NY is his #1 choice anyway.
    It looks like he wants to sign with New York but the risk they are going to take if he doesn't get traded there is that other teams are going to be able to compete for his services, Chicago,Houston,LA,LA Clipers,Dallas, Orlando and NJ.

One (alleged) mistake doesn't mean he doesn't have a good eye for talent.
    Define keen, then. I may have misread that to mean you were saying he was exceptionally good.

Define keen, then. I may have misread that to mean you were saying he was exceptionally good.
    I do think he's a very good judge of talent. No one nails 100% of their picks in a crapshoot like the draft. He hit on more than he missed and got good value for guys later in the draft. Just because he supposedly pushed for Fred Jones over Tayshaun Prince doesn't mean he's not a good evaluator of talent.

Damn, Thomas has become the NBA Rasputin.

It looks like he wants to sign with New York but the risk they are going to take if he doesn't get traded there is that other teams are going to be able to compete for his services, Chicago,Houston,LA,LA Clipers,Dallas, Orlando and NJ.
    Are any of those teams even under the cap? He wants New York. He's been very adamant about that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Are any of those teams even under the cap? He wants New York. He's been very adamant about that.
    no the Kings and the Pacers Knicks are proably the only 3 who wouldnt have to do S&t

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    no the Kings and the Pacers Knicks are proably the only 3 who wouldnt have to do S&t
    Even the Knicks won't be able to offer him the max even if the new CBA doesn't shrink the cap or change anything at all. Nobody seems to understand that. If there isn't a trade to NY and he wants to go there in the offseason, he's going to lose a lot of money.

The Knicks salaries next year should be $44,222,498. The cap is 58 million today. The most they can offer is something starting in the 13's in millions of dollars. That's a HUGE loss, and most expect the new CBA to lower the cap and change individual player max's. It could be worse than that.

Always remember to check the byline. If it says Adrien Wojnarowski then take whatever he says with a grain of salt. In his world view there are three types of people: Heroes, Villains and Victims. He loves strong characters with a singular moral purpose. He hates subtlety and reality.

Does Isiah wants to get back in the Knicks front office? Yes. Do I think he's this Loki-esque, scheming trickster who will do whatever to it takes to undermine the heroic Donnie Walsh? No.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Seriously, how does Zeke have time to be advising the Knicks so heavily? He's a head coach at a Division 1 school, that's a 25 hour a day job.

I do think he's a very good judge of talent. No one nails 100% of their picks in a crapshoot like the draft. He hit on more than he missed and got good value for guys later in the draft. Just because he supposedly pushed for Fred Jones over Tayshaun Prince doesn't mean he's not a good evaluator of talent.
    Well, which is it? Is he good, or very good? When you compliment him, you say he's very good, but when you defend him, you downgrade to good.

I would agree with you that he is good, and the Fred Jones over Tayshaun Prince is a reason for me to stick with good, as opposed to very good.

Also, I notice you say 'supposedly'. Well, it's as 'supposed' as most NBA reports are, but I believe it was a mainstream article discussing it within the last year or two, so I'm not sure it's any less valid than most unconfirmed NBA reports/articles that would generally be assumed to be true.

Well, which is it? Is he good, or very good? When you compliment him, you say he's very good, but when you defend him, you downgrade to good.

I would agree with you that he is good, and the Fred Jones over Tayshaun Prince is a reason for me to stick with good, as opposed to very good.

Also, I notice you say 'supposedly'. Well, it's as 'supposed' as most NBA reports are, but I believe it was a mainstream article discussing it within the last year or two, so I'm not sure it's any less valid than most unconfirmed NBA reports/articles that would generally be assumed to be true.
    What are you talking about? You are splitting hairs here. He's a very good evaluator of talent. I don't think I've said anything to the contrary. You disagree and think he's just good. Fine. Leave it there. Not quite sure what you are trying to argue here.

Your slant on things is better than his, why, exactly?
    I'm a message board poster who likes basketball, my job is to put my slant on things.

He's a news reporter for a major internet company, he shouldn't slant things in the first place.

Having said that, his slant is lazy and insulting. Like I said, he has two or three archetypes he uses consistently. Isiah is a villain, Walsh is a hero, Dolan is the naif. Look through his archives. He fits the people he writes about into his moral framework, instead of understanding them as humans with competing motivations and interests.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post: