Thread: Advice for a new cell phone.

Default Advice for a new cell phone.

OK, boys and girls, here is the situation. My contract with AT&T will be up next month, and I need to start thinking about replacing my RAZR. It has served me very well for my uses (I live in Brown County, go to Bloomington about once or twice a week).

However, being a bifocal wearer (for reading) I would like to find a phone that displays incoming phone numbers, and contact names & numbers in a larger font. I simply refuse to carry eyeglasses with me when I'm out around the property and such (won't wear contacts).

My needs are simple. I am not really interested in having internet on the phone. It is an incredibly rare day when I send a text. I just want a phone for calls that has a fairly large font for various purposes.

I am not opposed to either AT&T or Verizon, but those are the only two choices for a carrier.

So, any suggestions?

Default Re: Advice for a new cell phone.

If you don't want the internet it would be mostly wasted, but they did just drop the price of the 3gs iPhone to $49. The name/phone number shows up very large on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you don't want the internet it would be mostly wasted, but they did just drop the price of the 3gs iPhone to $49. The name/phone number shows up very large on it.
    Thanks for the heads up. Now, who is the "they" you refer to? Don't most service providers make you take a data plan with an iphone?

At&t, sorry! Also, not sure about the data plan thing

Mood

You have to have a data plan with the iPhone.

If you want basic and large font look at the pantech breeze 2 it's a nice basic phone with everything you described. Plus I've been selling those for a while and the reviews have been great from the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you want basic and large font look at the pantech breeze 2 it's a nice basic phone with everything you described. Plus I've been selling those for a while and the reviews have been great from the customers.
    Thanks ThA HoyA, but looking online, it appears the screens on the Pantech aren't any larger than the Razr I already have.

Mainly I'm looking for larger size of fonts showing who is calling me, and for the address book.