Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Pierce doesn't think Reggie should even be mentioned with Ray Allen

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Paul Pierce doesn't think Reggie should even be mentioned with Ray Allen

Skip to the 0:50 mark for Pierce's comment

"To me he's the greatest shooter of all time. I don't even know why there was ever a discussion with he and Reggie Miller. "

Just another reason for me to think Pierce is a jackass.
    Last edited by SMosley21; 02-19-2011 at 11:48 AM.
    Grown Man Ball

Default Re: Paul Pierce doesn't think Reggie should even be mentioned with Ray Allen

Was this comment before or after he flashed one of his gang signs?

Punk.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Default Re: Paul Pierce doesn't think Reggie should even be mentioned with Ray Allen

ha-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Okay. Call me when Ray Allen goes 8 points in 9 seconds.

Custom User Titleist
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Mood

From the one time self declared best player in the game...

Mood

I disagree.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:

was this before or after he had to use a wheelchair?

Eh, I don't see the problem. He's Ray's teammate. He's going to have a high opinion of the guy.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know...I gotta wonder what Larry Bird thinks seeing all these punks on the Celtics now. Sure, this one comment doesn't make him a punk, but the gang signs, calling himself the best, the whole wheelchair fake injury thing. Wasn't this guy stabbed multiple times too(I don't remember the details of this and don't care enough to look them up, but maybe they were crime related?). I don't know, between him and Garnett - plus the few things Rondo had going on..

Ray Allen is a guy full of class though, nothing bad to say about him. Congrats for beating the record and making a debate of whos the best.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh, I don't see the problem. He's Ray's teammate. He's going to have a high opinion of the guy.
    We should get JO's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    His opinion is definitely high.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:

I'm not surprised that Pierce would say that or even actually believe it, I've never though to highly of him.

Understanding that this is a Pacers fan website I totally get why everyone would be galled by the statement.

But to me it's no big deal because to me he is just propping up his team mate. He even made it a point to say that Ray was a much better shooter than himself.

Again I get the anger and everything but if had compared Ray to any other great shooter not named Reggie Miller no one on here would really care.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

I have no issue with what he said however at the same time I understand why he was almost stabbed to death.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

You mean to tell me that Pierce has a bias toward a teammate he won a title with?

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Understanding that this is a Pacers fan website I totally get why everyone would be galled by the statement.

But to me it's no big deal because to me he is just propping up his team mate. He even made it a point to say that Ray was a much better shooter than himself.

Again I get the anger and everything but if had compared Ray to any other great shooter not named Reggie Miller no one on here would really care.
    I agree with you to a point.

If he had gone on and on about how Allen is the best blah blah blah, then that's a legitimate difference of opinion...and we have the right to disagree. And no one cares if he feels Ray was better than him.

What I think galls us is that he felt it necessary to be disrespectful to another player (named Reggie) in making his case.

But you're right, overall, Pierce "is irrelevant".

So tired of this conversation. Yes, Ray Allen is really, really good but he essentially did nothing remarkable outside of taking teams into the early rounds of the playoffs at best and hitting a lot of threes until he was traded to the Celtics. The best Reggie had during his real prime Davis, Smits, and Jackson who were fringe All Stars for a couple years but otherwise had glaring deficiencies in their games and don't even come close to the level of theg guys Allen is playing with now.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

I think I'm most put off by his erroneous use of Reggie as the subeject of the preposition "I don't know why he and Ray..."

I'm also astonished that I got this before Anthem.
    Last edited by Drewtone; 02-19-2011 at 01:49 PM.
    "I mean, you'd walk into our dressing room and run into Mel Daniels holding a .45 -- it makes you wonder."

Bob Netolicky

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Paul's just still mad that Artest pantsed him.

No problem with me.

Ray IS a great shooter.
    Ray IS his teammate.
    Pierce IS a toolbag. 'I'm the greatest player in the world!'

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I honestly don't care what Pierce thinks, neither should you guys. He definitely shouldn't have his own thread which shares his biased opinion.
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sportfireman For This Useful Post:

Eh, I think the title of the thead should be changed.

Formerly:
    Paul Pierce doesn't think Reggie should even be mentioned with Ray Allen

Suggested Change:
    Paul Pierce doesn't think

Pierce is a chode. True story.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacers#1Fan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    Pierce is a chode. True story.
    Lol.... congratulations, you challenged my vocabulary. You compelled my to look up the word; wish I hadn't.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    Lol.... congratulations, you challenged my vocabulary. You compelled my to look up the word; wish I hadn't.
    Make sure to run some anti-virus software.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

It isn't that he thinks Allen is better, it is that he thinks there should have never even been a discussion. If he said he thought Allen was better, but I understand why people think Miller is better or it is close between the two. It is another to say there is no way that Miller is better.