Thread: This weekend just more proof that Pacers get absolutely zero respect

Default This weekend just more proof that Pacers get absolutely zero respect

What is it going to take for the Pacers to finally get some respect. Ralph Sampson is selected as a finalist for the HOF, but not Reggie! With all the events associated with this steaming turd called All-Star Weekend, not one Pacer anywhere to be found. I didn't do a formal check, but it appears that only a few teams aren't represented. Then, this morning watching a Dunk special on ESPN2, Josh couldn't even get a mention in the top 20 dunks of the season. It's maddening! I keep waiting to hear that David Stern has stepped in and awarded Roy and PG to the Knicks. At this point it wouldn't suprise me one bit. Here's to hoping the Pacers make everyone take note in the second half of the season. GO PACERS!!!

Default Re: This weekend just more proof that Pacers get absolutely zero respect

respect is earned not assumed
    "Sometimes, when you look Andy in the eyes, you get a feeling somebody else is driving." -- David Letterman

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kaufman For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: This weekend just more proof that Pacers get absolutely zero respect

Ralph Sampson had an outstanding college career and should be in the HOF because of that alone.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think losing to a community college should get your name removed from consideration.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Not True...

I saw Boomer at the celebrity game. He represented the team well

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thefeistyone For This Useful Post:

Yes, because a team 5 or 6 games under .500 that hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years deserves respect. We've got a long way to go still.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ralph Sampson had an outstanding college career and should be in the HOF because of that alone.
    But what did he win in college? Nothing. One final four appearance. Did win two high school championships.

Now compare that to Slick Leonard. He won at the high school level, won a college national championship, went to more nba finals than Ralph, Coached a professional basketball team to three championships and has been an iconic commentator for 25 years.

The voting process is a sham and a joke.

The basketball hall of fame is dumb. Being a great college player essentially proves nothing with regard to whether you're one of the best in the world. It's like getting a Nobel Prize for winning the 5th grade science fair.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wait another few years and we're gonna have a hand full of talented potential All-Stars to choose from.

Looking at a team like the Grizzlies this season, they have a bunch of talent and are above .500 and they aren't getting a lot of respect.

Wait for the playoffs to come and then we'll gain respect then if we do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    No National Title, and he was part of a number one ranked squad that lost to an NAIA team. Under that guideline, I guess we'll be seeing Steve Alford up for a HOF nomination in a few more years. At least he helped win a National Title.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I know we have been over this already, but I just watched Serge Ibaka's top 10 dunks on NBAtv and are you kidding me?

Maybe....maybe, his top dunk would make Josh's top 10. What a horrible decision this was. If not Josh then somone else, but Ibaka is merely a power dunker, and even then its not much. One handed and two handed tomahawks thats it. I'll be surprised if he is even better than Gerald Wallace from last year. He probably will, simply because he may try. I've never seen a guy so ready to collect his check leave as Wallace from last year. Still, Ibaka's top 10 was very unimpressive.

However I just watched Blake's and all I could think about was Vince Carter's rookie year and then dunk contest, just about how unbelievable he was. It took another decade to find another guy who is that special. Blake may look as good as Vince tonight, but he can't miss. Thats what is still so impressive about Vince's dunk contest. He never missed an attempt.
    Last edited by Diamond Dave; 02-19-2011 at 11:33 AM.
    House Name: Pacers

House Sigil:

House Words: "We Kneel To No King"

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    No National Title, and he was part of a number one ranked squad that lost to an NAIA team. Under that guideline, I guess we'll be seeing Steve Alford up for a HOF nomination in a few more years. At least he helped win a National Title.
    I am guessing under the current guidelines Alford should be a shoe-in then! If a players college career is taken into account - which it seems to be, then why is he not in already?

The NBA needs their own HOF!

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

With you on both counts Dave. Earlier this year as the dunk highlights started to pile up with many of them seeming new, surprising or somehow unique even from each other I couldn't help but be struck at how much this matched Vince's sudden rise the year he took the dunk world by storm right into the contest.

And of course as Josh's number 1 fan I'm dumbfounded by them leaving him out. Typically the NBA goes out of their way to max fan interest by throwing bones out to everyone. In Josh's case it wouldn't even be doing them a favor. He clearly could do something creative on his own break-style dribble to the rim. He wouldn't have to carry it possibly or at the very least has the handles to add some flair to the power that would keep him in sniffing distance of Blake enough to stop this contest from being a runaway mockery.

This isn't homerism, I think we could easily defend this stance with video proof. Hops, handles and he does it in games all the time. And he WANTED to be there. And the Pacers had no other representation.

Maybe JOB made a call.

BTW, you think that JOB didn't make this happen with how he refused to play Josh in long stretches? Of course that hurt, it had to. Just one more lingering shadow of the anti-coach. F********************************!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Honestly there are a couple of players who probably were screwed by being Pacers.

1. Josh McRoberts probably should have been in the dunk contest.

2. Paul George should have played in the rookie all-star game, however he wasn't screwed by being a Pacer but was screwed by his former head coach because if he would have gotten the min. early in the year IMO he would have been a shoe in.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thefeistyone View Post
    Not True...

I saw Boomer at the celebrity game. He represented the team well
    There was also a guy wearing a Pacers ABA jersey sitting next to Magic's bench. What more do you want?
    Last edited by Eddie Gill; 02-19-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Then, this morning watching a Dunk special on ESPN2, Josh couldn't even get a mention in the top 20 dunks of the season.
    In ESPN's defense, Josh's dunks were sort of irrelevant.

Anybody see Paul's retweet...I just laughed when he RT it. It's funny he actually did, but its true.

EMACfc Evan McDonald
    by King24George@

If it weren't for Jim O'Brien @King24George would be on the rookin team

16 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
    http://twitter.com/#!/King24George

These guys did not like JOB at all. I wonder if they went up to Larry and asked him to consider bringing in a new coach. But anyhow, now that he's irrelevant, I hope these guys make it a point to show everyone their talents and make it that much sweeter next year when they're all-stars.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Banned

This sucks, not even all that playing time helped Posey to compete in the 3 point contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    There was also a guy wearing a Pacers ABA jersey sitting next to Magic's bench. What more do you want?
    Now that's repect!!

I think we can go ahead and close this thread

Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    The basketball hall of fame is dumb. Being a great college player essentially proves nothing with regard to whether you're one of the best in the world. It's like getting a Nobel Prize for winning the 5th grade science fair.
    I like this comparison

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Marcus Landry was on our SL team made the D-league all-star team. We are well reped LOL