Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 141 of 141

Thread: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

  1. #126
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,294

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by johndozark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a question for those who saw the games. Dunleavy started the last two games, but was pulled after a few disastrous minutes. Without those disastrous minutes at the beginning of the game, would we have won both games?
    4 Points is DISASTROUS? T-Mac scored on the first play when Dun slammed into the screen, then scored two free throws before Dun went out. Dun hit his first shot and missed two more before he went out.

    It isn't like the Pacers were burning up the offense and Dun was giving it away due to getting beat on defense and missing a ton of shots.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  2. #127
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,162
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me, Rush has looked like his usual self. Strong defense, good shooting, but not involved enough to really make a difference. But he's only gotten in limited minutes. I think he deserves to get consistent minutes under the new coach to fully assess where he's at.
    I thougt Rush looked good in the last few minutes of the game. Until then he just kinda wanders about both on offense and defense. He's so good when he's focused and when he's not....

  3. #128

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could you post the "6 mil dollar man's" stats from last season? Same with the 1st 17 games of this season too. It's easy to spend 12.6 mil of someone else's money for a part time employee isn't it?
    I will agree Foster has been "contributing this season when he's been able to play". Bird overpaid for Foster's services, and it has cost Herb Simon millions doing so. If Bird re-signs Foster, it had better be for the vets minimum with Foster's age and history of health issues. Otherwise, he's overpaying Foster again. And yes, the Pacers need another big, not next year but NOW. There is no guarantee Foster won't have another injury, and Solo isn't the answer.
    I stand by my initial post. Besides, you took my quote out of context. It was getting old seeing people make posts saying that Solo was outperforming Jeff, etc., etc., without looking at the stats. If you read certain posts, you'd think that he had the worst shooting percentage in the league. All I'm saying is that people often make posts on this board as if they were stating fact. Some of the absurd claims could be avoided by simple fact-checking.

  4. #129
    Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Dragon's Lair
    Posts
    4,065

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I stand by my initial post. Besides, you took my quote out of context. It was getting old seeing people make posts saying that Solo was outperforming Jeff, etc., etc., without looking at the stats. If you read certain posts, you'd think that he had the worst shooting percentage in the league. All I'm saying is that people often make posts on this board as if they were stating fact. Some of the absurd claims could be avoided by simple fact-checking.
    Speaking of absurdity, Foster misses an absurd number of lay-ups.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackey_Rose For This Useful Post:


  6. #130
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this a typo?

    If anything I thought that if Jeff Foster would have played we would have won this game.

    Chris Wilcox would not have had his own conga layup/dunk line going on and someone would have grabbed the rebound.

    The fact that 104 year old Foster is this valuable say's two things. 1. He really has become a very good player. 2. We really really really need to be looking for a good backup center as the older Jeff gets the less available he is going to be.
    Sorry, I should have just typed it out.....but I was thinking in "math terms" yesterday night.

    !=

    means "does not equal" ( I couldn't figure out how to type in the the "does not equal" sign on the keyboard ).

    Hence:

    Solo != Foster

    as in "Solo does not equal Foster".


    Given the set rotations that Vogel uses....I figured that you cannot simply "remove one variable of the equation...as in remove Foster....and plug in a different variable...as in plug in Solo." ( hence my "math frame of mind" when I posted this ) and get the same results.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  7. #131
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by johndozark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is a question for those who saw the games. Dunleavy started the last two games, but was pulled after a few disastrous minutes. Without those disastrous minutes at the beginning of the game, would we have won both games?

    I understand that Dunleavy can bring a lot to the offensive effort, including things that do not show up in the stats, when he is "on." But here is the next question, if he is not traded soon, shouldn't we be using him, not as a sixth man, but as an eleventh man, an offensive booster as needed for the back-up squad? He probably would not hurt our defensive effort as badly in that role.
    I'm beginning to think that Dunleavy should be used as a situational Wing Man when it comes to matchups. I have no problem with Dunleavy being on the floor when he's matched up with TMac or James Jones....but stick him in there against Ben Gordon or ( heaven forbid ) Wade...and that's a recipe for disaster.

    IMHO...the easiest thing is to simply trade Dunleavy to a Playoff team while his trade value is at it's highest.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #132

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I should have just typed it out.....but I was thinking in "math terms" yesterday night.

    !=

    means "does not equal" ( I couldn't figure out how to type in the the "does not equal" sign on the keyboard ).

    Hence:

    Solo != Foster

    as in "Solo does not equal Foster".


    Given the set rotations that Vogel uses....I figured that you cannot simply "remove one variable of the equation...as in remove Foster....and plug in a different variable...as in plug in Solo." ( hence my "math frame of mind" when I posted this ) and get the same results.
    mathmatically speaking, a couple of suggestions.

    solo <> jeff - not equal, either greater than or less than

    or solo =/= jeff

    more accurately solo <<<<<<<<<< jeff

  9. #133
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    mathmatically speaking, a couple of suggestions.

    solo <> jeff - not equal, either greater than or less than

    or solo =/= jeff

    more accurately solo <<<<<<<<<< jeff
    I guess that could have worked....the only thing that came to mind was the != yesterday night.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #134

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granger, Dunleavy, Roy, DC, and Tyler played terrible defense and hardly anyone pursued rebounds. I'm not sure why people keep saying the Pacers need an athletic PF -- they've got one in Josh if they'll use him. When he gets the minutes, he's a lot better than Hansbrough day in and day out. I'm not knocking Tyler -- I like him -- but tonight, for instance, he just didn't have it, and he has a lot to work on to get better.
    Funny you say that for if it had not been for the 4th quarter tonight I thought McRoberts was having one of his worse games in quite awhile as I saw him getting beat on defense time and again, his guy getting around him and to the basket, and he turned the ball over. To his credit he came out and played very well most of the 4th and because of that had a decent game.

    On Hansbrough's defense (which I can at times see reasons for complaint) I did not see him getting beat tonight and I watched pretty close. Thought he did not have a half bad game but he just wasn't in the flow of the action offensively. No post ups down low or opportunities to drive the ball. Was it his fault on were they just not running anything for him? Not sure.

    Right now, just my opinion, I think we are having point guard problems. Are Collison and Price too small to run the pick and roll and make the pass over larger players? It seems more and more like it to me now that other teams are getting on to what we are trying to do. I am beginning to think, despite superior speed, lack of size in the back court may be becoming an issue.

  11. #135
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    11,294

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that could have worked....the only thing that came to mind was the != yesterday night.
    I've programmed in C so != made perfect sense to me...
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  12. #136
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peck, you are about 7 or 8 years late to the Jeff Foster party. I know your reasoning, but as even you will admit your dislike for JO clouded your opinion of Jeff, and also your disgust over losing Brad Miller I think caused you to not appreciate Jeff. But I say welcome to the party.
    no chit UB, taken this guy until now to realize foster is a "good" player.. wtf has he been watching.

    foster has like what 5000 rebounds and 2000 offensive rebouds in 700 games or more..

    somebody have him call the mr obvious show and get this straightened out.

    Fiesty Foster

  13. #137
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,672

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    The Lakers lost last night to the Cavaliers.

    With that in mind, the team looked a bit out of sync last night and on their heels regularly. Wasn't their best moment, but Hibbert's play was inspired.

    One of the first times I've seen him make a clutch hook shot in the final two minutes without looking all panicked / jumpy.

    Dahntay needs to learn how to share the ball, regardless of whether he is feeling it or not, because teams will quickly adjust their scouting reports and shut his butt down. He's not *that* good, I just think he's largely being ignored at this stage because he's fresher to the lineup.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  15. #138

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackey_Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Speaking of absurdity, Foster misses an absurd number of lay-ups.
    I guess I should just suspect this type of response from you, much like you would expect me to defend Foster. Define "absurd number of lay-ups." Then, tell me that Hibbert hasn't been missing an absurd number of lay-ups this season. He has. So it would be nice if people kept the same standards for all players. Clearly this is not the case.

    You've stood out as someone who has been critical of Jeff the whole season, first intimating that he had some inside info that gave you a clue as to why he was not starting. You predicted he'd have back problems. Well, we don't really know why he didn't play in those first few games. But he hasn't had back problems, and was out last night for the same reason that many players get sidelined. Ankle issues are common.

    I'm not criticizing you for criticizing a player, but I can certainly recognize a pattern, as can you. However, I see no reason to not give the guy some credit. And face it, many posters on this board are incapable of doing that, and prefer to hide behind reckless comments rather than fact-based assessments. Yeah, he misses a lot of layups. A lot of these are hurried put-backs. He's not the only one, and mid-way through the total number of games he'd played, Fosters FG% was not bad. Again, the guy is not supposed to be the savior of our offense, but with some of your posts, you'd think that you expect him to be. He is what he is, but I think most would now agree that we'd be worse off without him. I'm not saying that we should pay him 6 million next year, but if he plays like he's been playing, I'd say he deserves at least a little bump over the vet minimum.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeyd For This Useful Post:


  17. #139

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Pacers could have used Foster in this game. They were getting killed on the boards.

  18. #140
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    At least I now feel better than I did last night about this game. We could have really used this one though. Hopefully everyone is rested and all that yada yada.

    Here's to a hell of a second half of the season!

  19. #141
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,806

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rock747 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pacers could have used Foster in this game. They were getting killed on the boards.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Similar Threads

  1. What about speeding up free throws?
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 09:44 PM
  2. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:36 AM
  3. 03/23/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Spurs
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 01:29 AM
  4. Throwing money at free agents rarely wins titles
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •