Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 141

Thread: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

  1. #51
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    I'm eager to get back from the break already.

    I'm definitely not worried about this team, but I'm just disappointed with the loss and a loss to a sub .500 team.

    These are the games we have to win.

    We have a stretch of some winnable games at home so hopefully we'll take advantage and keep on climbing and securing ourselves a comfortable spot.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Trophy For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Gotta Play Big BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,476

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    So, we lost two in a row...one to a contender and the other on a back-to-back on their floor. This is not an emergency until we lose 6 of 8 or something along those lines.

    Anyway, the team is moving in the right direction...and that's what matters.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  5. #53

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the team is truly buying into Coach Vogel's mindset, then yes... It is reasonable to expect us to win road games against sub .500 teams.

    If it's all just a bunch of talk and the team hasn't truly turned that proverbial corner after the coaching change, then you are probably right... A loss tonight WOULD then be expected.

    But I don't for one minute feel that the players or coaches feel that the new mindset of our coach and team is just posturing. They believe it and they should be pissed right now.
    I disagree.

    It's been a long stretch of games. They put a lot of emotional energy into last nights game. They are very very young. (The biggest thing.)

    Sure, if a vet team was really buying into what Vogel was saying. I'd expect a win. But this team is young. They've played extremely hard the past few weeks. They had an emotionally draining game last night. I'm sure they had every intention of playing a smash mouth game, but they just couldn't do it.

    Getting to the ball and boxing out is an energy thing. Defense is an energy thing. Pacers didn't have the energy.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:


  7. #54
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Go ahead and read the game thread, there is people that are ready to jump off a bridge

    I've always felt it was unfair to take comments in game threads seriously. I mean, many fans who are otherwise rational (I like to think I'm one......what? Stop laughing!) go in that thread during games and it makes them look silly because they're locked in to the heat of the moment and are commenting as they see things instead of being able to take a step back and get their thoughts straight.


    Hell, I've been suckered from time to time in those game threads. I went to the Milwaukee game on Saturday, and when I came home I was surprised that when I read the Game Thread to see just how negative folks were during the course of the game. A game which, while watching it live, I didn't feel was ever in serious jeopardy. I figured at the least we'd compete and have a chance to win throughout the entire game, and that was indeed the case. Although I'm sure had I stayed home and watched the game here in Indy, I'd have had similar comments as those in that thread.
    Last edited by Day-V; 02-16-2011 at 11:57 PM.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  9. #55
    Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Richmond, IN
    Age
    24
    Posts
    15,609

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Pathetic performance by Indiana.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions





  10. #56

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    DC needs to adjust to the fact that teams are now doubling him off the p&r... especially when Roy is the guy setting the screen. It takes him so long to "slip" or "dive" that the big has plenty of time to rotate back.

    You'll notice that Collison and Hansbrough are still very effective at running that pick & pop that ends up with a wide open mid range j.

    Danny also struggles when he tries to run the p&r with Roy because he doesn't handle the traps well.

    And I know he had 29 points tonight and is the "emotional leader", but man, Big Roy misses a lot of bunnies.

  11. #57
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,855

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Oh no the honeymoon is over. Time to panic.



    No not really. always some strange games right before and right after the allstar break.

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    OK I think is time to talk about the positive things that happened tonight,

    Roy was just amazing tonight, maybe nobody noticed it but Roy had 29 points 9rebounds and 3 asst

    Danny looked good today, 28 points and 5 reb and 3asst, his defense on Prince was just OK.

    Josh had a huge game 15 points and 12 rebounds and few amazing dunks.

    Brandon Rush numbers didn't look good, but he was a huge reason for the Pacers come back, he had few blocks on Gordon and forced him to make some circus shots.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-17-2011 at 12:01 AM.

  14. #59
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,843

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh no the honeymoon is over. Time to panic.



    No not really. always some strange games right before and right after the allstar break.
    I really don't think anyone is panicking. People are disappointed in the game. That's a good thing. We should have won tonight's game. We didn't. The season goes forward and we will too.

    Yes, Roy had a great game and what an athletic freak Josh is. That follow dunk was a thing of beauty.
    Last edited by BPump33; 02-17-2011 at 12:03 AM.

  15. #60
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree.

    It's been a long stretch of games. They put a lot of emotional energy into last nights game. They are very very young. (The biggest thing.)

    Sure, if a vet team was really buying into what Vogel was saying. I'd expect a win. But this team is young. They've played extremely hard the past few weeks. They had an emotionally draining game last night. I'm sure they had every intention of playing a smash mouth game, but they just couldn't do it.

    Getting to the ball and boxing out is an energy thing. Defense is an energy thing. Pacers didn't have the energy.
    I am completely on board with what you are saying. I'm not down on the team after tonight, I don't think the sky is falling or anything like that.

    But the fact of the matter is, in the last few minutes of this game, Stacy was reporting how the guys were really getting into each other "We GOTTA win this game".

    It was obvious the competitive edge and fire was there tonight. It simply did not translate into basketball plays. Can the blame for this be easily placed on lack of energy? Yes it can.

    But looking at the body language of the team, I did not SEE a physically tired and drained team during timeouts and dead ball situations. I saw a team intently focused on playing the best game they could and winning. Guys were getting fired up and didn't look like a team on the edge of physical or mental exhaustion.

    They simply failed to execute down the stretch, and for the entire game a large part of the reason they were down double digits was lack of EFFORT... On the defensive glass specifically.

    All I am saying is this: I don't think it can simply be written off as "lack of energy" due to last nights game, or the recent string of games, or any of that...

    I just think the guys lacked their new-found smashmouth mentality tonight. They had gas in the tank to GIVE the effort required, but they only felt it necessary to display it for the final 4 minutes of regulation, and that just didn't get it done.

    No excuses tonight. Can't do this anymore if we want to turn the corner.

    With that being said, I'm excited to come back from the break, hopefully rested and rejuvenated!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  17. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    I just think the guys lacked their new-found smashmouth mentality tonight
    Jeff Foster is the main guy that makes this happens and he was hurt today.

  18. #62
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,843

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think the guys lacked their new-found smashmouth mentality tonight

    Jeff Foster is the main guy that makes this happens and he was hurt today.
    This game definitely did make me miss Jeff. (You can substitute the words "this game" with Solomon Jones)

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  20. #63
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This game definitely did make me miss Jeff. (You can substitute the words "this game" with Solomon Jones)
    And Paul being hindered with a Groin Pull didn't help either.

  21. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Paul George was also horrible and he is a big part of the second team.

  22. #65
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jeff Foster is the main guy that makes this happens and he was hurt today.
    DING DING! WINNER!

    Also, Tyler lacked his usual "Jedi Mind Tricks" getting under the skin of the man he was guarding... He can often be counted on to take an opposing player almost completely out of rhythm for huge chunks of time. He lacked that trait tonight.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  24. #66
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,843

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    I'm just glad that so many of us care this much about a game against Detroit in mid February. We are on our way up, I'm sure this was just a speed bump.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to BPump33 For This Useful Post:


  26. #67
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BPump33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just glad that so many of us care this much about a game against Detroit in mid February. We are on our way up, I'm sure this was just a speed bump.
    Yep!

    Not even a month ago this game would have been one we would have been counting our lucky stars to win under He Who Shall Not Be Named...

    Now we are genuinely frustrated to not come away with a W that we truly felt we SHOULD have had.

    A different day, a new era.

  27. #68

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George was also horrible and he is a big part of the second team.
    Right, and AJ was meh offensively and worse than he typically is defensively, Dahntay scored a few but he was worse than he typically is defensively. Hans' shot was going down, but he was worse than he typically is defensively...and he doesn't ever give the ball up once he gets it. So..note to AJ, yes..the PnP is effective with Hans..but you don't need to do it every damn time. And they had Solo in instead of Foster...so the guy in the middle was terrible on both sides of the ball..and this is a defensive energetic unit.

    They usually pick us up, and they didn't tonight.

  28. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    King24George Paul George
    Tough loss #PacerNation glad we get a break so my groin can heal! I could barely move tonight smh!
    .

  29. #70
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,845

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1) Foster out with an injury. Solo filled in OK with regard to rebounds but the bench only had 5 ORBs, and Solo no points. One could argue that Josh picked up the slack, but one wonders if Jeff could have made the difference in at least boxing out.
    Jeff "The Iron" Foster could've pressed some of those collars.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:


  31. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DING DING! WINNER!

    Also, Tyler lacked his usual "Jedi Mind Tricks" getting under the skin of the man he was guarding... He can often be counted on to take an opposing player almost completely out of rhythm for huge chunks of time. He lacked that trait tonight.
    Tyler did OK I think, he just didn't get the ball as much because AJ and DC forgot how to pass it and didn't know how to use the missmatch of Tyler in any of the soft players Detroit had.

  32. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,862
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    King24George Paul George
    Ha true RT @AdamShearIUSC: @King24George at least V-Day already passed so you didn't have to worry about that groin. Right fresh? Haha

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  34. #73
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,889

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    He wasn't bad offensively. He just didn't cause as much disruption on D like he has been lately.

  35. #74
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,745

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    So the rumors of Jeff Foster's demise were a little premature? Shocked to hear it.

    I am honestly not that upset with the game tonight. All the bounces went Detroit's way, they were hitting crazy shots and getting every loose ball. We still battled them into overtime in their own house. Not a really horrible loss. Roy was phenomenal. Kept us in the game. Danny was efficient and hit some monster shots. Josh played an extremely solid game, although I was hoping he would have finished off a few looks he had. He is too eager to pass sometimes, I think he needs to get a little more aggressive on offense. Really liked his game tonight though. Everyone else was varying degrees of "bad" and "putrid ape whale ****".

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  37. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wasn't bad offensively. He just didn't cause as much disruption on D like he has been lately.
    There is nothing he could on D because their PF's play by the three point line like Murphy.

Similar Threads

  1. What about speeding up free throws?
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-12-2011, 10:44 PM
  2. Could someone with ESPN insider post this article
    By dannygranger in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM
  3. 03/23/2005 Game Thread: Pacers vs Spurs
    By BostonConnection in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 03-24-2005, 02:29 AM
  4. Throwing money at free agents rarely wins titles
    By ChicagoJ in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •