Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Hybrid View

Banned

Default Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

Horrible game tonight on both sides, let's no forget that the guys used a lot of energy yesterday, they are just tired.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 02-16-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Pacers/Detroit postgame thread

We better not play like this for the rest of the season.

Everyone needs to just relax and take it easy on this break and come back ready to go again like they did a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Horrible game tonight on both sides, let's no forget that the guys used a lot of energy yesterday, they are just tired.
    When you are fighting for a playoff spot, EVERY game is important.

These guys are getting paid millions of dollars to keep their bodies in peak physical condition- they should not ever get tired.

At least we don't have to worry about the all-star break killing our momentum.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Saw maybe 3/4 of the game but saw the box score. Some differences from last night:

1) Foster out with an injury. Solo filled in OK with regard to rebounds but the bench only had 5 ORBs, and Solo no points. One could argue that Josh picked up the slack, but one wonders if Jeff could have made the difference in at least boxing out.

2) George played 12 minutes finishing with 1 rebound and no points if I remember the box score correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    1) Foster out with an injury. Solo filled in OK with regard to rebounds but the bench only had 5 ORBs, and Solo no points. One could argue that Josh picked up the slack, but one wonders if Jeff could have made the difference in at least boxing out.
    Jeff "The Iron" Foster could've pressed some of those collars.....
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Just...****. We could have used this.

We looked soft/tired. Hopefully things don't snowball. If they do than basketball-life will go back to sucking.

I also just want to point out that Hibbert, Josh, and Danny were the only ones who cared.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I hate going on long breaks with a loss. No chance of redemption for several days.

Okay, people need to chill out.

This game was not "the real" Pacers. Every team has nights like this. (The Lakers lost to the Cavs tonight) And this team still fought hard even though they were clearly out of energy, there was just a ton of mental mistakes.

It's not shocking. They just need to pick themselves up and move on.

I also don't like the "the only ones that cared" stuff. They all clearly cared, they just didn't play well. I don't know how you could watch DC tonight and think he didn't care. He did. He just stunk.

13. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

This game was not "the real" Pacers. Every team has nights like this. (The Lakers lost to the Cavs tonight) And this team still fought hard even though they were clearly out of energy, there was just a ton of mental mistakes.

fought hard??? were we watching the same game??? We didnt even block out

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    I actually agree. Outside of the last 3 minutes of regulation I didn't see any passion at all. It looked like we thought we could sleepwalk through this one. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Not what I expected from a team that takes pride in playing "smashmouth basketball."

The game went into overtime. They didn't get blown out, and the way they played for most of the night that was shocking.

They were making tired/mental mistakes. But their effort was there. I think the team put too much emphasis on last night's game. And it showed.

I think Foster not being there hurt the second unit a lot. That unit is good because of it's defense. And they had Solo anchoring the middle..

Hey fellas:

I missed both yesterday's game and today's. I was just wondering from looking at the box scores, how has Brandon Rush been since coming back? I know he closed out the game tonight but should he be in there in place of PG or Dunleavy? I caught most of overtime and it seems like with both McRoberts and Rush, we are way too indecisive and just don't have enough scorers (I know DC has been off). Sometimes we do need Dun out there or Hansbrough I guess. For those who watched, what did y'all think?

Quote Originally Posted by birdsandbats View Post
    Hey fellas:

I missed both yesterday's game and today's. I was just wondering from looking at the box scores, how has Brandon Rush been since coming back? I know he closed out the game tonight but should he be in there in place of PG or Dunleavy? I caught most of overtime and it seems like with both McRoberts and Rush, we are way too indecisive and just don't have enough scorers (I know DC has been off). Sometimes we do need Dun out there or Hansbrough I guess. For those who watched, what did y'all think?
    To me, Rush has looked like his usual self. Strong defense, good shooting, but not involved enough to really make a difference. But he's only gotten in limited minutes. I think he deserves to get consistent minutes under the new coach to fully assess where he's at.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to smj887 For This Useful Post:

Banned

They went to overtime after been down most of the game, they fought hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post

I also don't like the "the only ones that cared" stuff. They all clearly cared, they just didn't play well. I don't know how you could watch DC tonight and think he didn't care. He did. He just stunk.
    Maybe a little too much to expect out of this group to win tonight given the circumstances. Its like a cluster**** of distractions: night after a big game letdown + looking forward to a long break + 2nd night of back to back....not a good recipe for a young team, no matter how much promise they've shown.

Not trying to make excuses - we were bad tonight. I just think a little context is important before we line up to jump off the Soldiers & Sailors monument.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Gill View Post
    Maybe a little too much to expect out of this group to win tonight given the circumstances. Its like a cluster**** of distractions: night after a big game letdown + looking forward to a long break + 2nd night of back to back....not a good recipe for a young team, no matter how much promise they've shown.

Not trying to make excuses - we were bad tonight. I just think a little context is important before we line up to jump off the Soldiers & Sailors monument.
    I'm not jumping off anything. I understand the situation, I'm just not happy with the way we came out tonight. I think we may have been buying into ourselves a little too much. This team's identity is as a physical team with no quit. We didn't play that way tonight until it was too late. I know we have plenty of time to rebound, but that doesn't mean I or the team should be happy with the way they played tonight.

no backbone tonight. hopefully we come back strong after the break

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This game might help them out in the long run. They strutted in with the body language that said they expected to win easily.

The Pistons simply wanted this game more for longer stretches. The effort plays were the difference.
    Last edited by Kstat; 02-16-2011 at 10:30 PM.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kstat For This Useful Post:

Not too worried. They forced overtime in a game they clearly had no business winning. I think giving up so many offensive boards was a clear sign of fatigue.

What I am worried about is Darren Collison. He's one of the players I trust the most on the team shooting the ball, and he's put up a couple duds now. Good time for him to get a break, I think.

This loss was in no way Mike Dunleavy's fault, but you have to throw someone under the bus, so I'll just point out that our stud starting SG gave us 3 points on spectacular 25% shooting in 22 awe-inspiring minutes.

I'm not really feeling down on collison like some people are after this game. He couldn't make anything but the past couple of games he's been staying with his man better. He also had 9 assists.... We really needed him to score this game but it wasn't happening. Whatever. Hopefully Pacers can regroups after these losses.

There was also no team effort.

Guys made it into a one man show and relied on each other to pick up the slack.

It's not gonna work like that and we know it won't.

It feels weird to lose this badly.

I'm just begging for DC to get back to himself after the break and he probably will. When he's not himself, the whole team suffers.

Just sucks that we're falling back and adding up more losses than wins after getting closer to .500.

What an abysmal performance.

Roy was outstanding until mid-4th, at which point he became timid and disappeared.

I am still very excited about our team and our prospects for the rest of this season and postseason... But I *REALLY* hope they got this out of their system tonight.

The time of losing to inferior teams by putting forth lackluster effort needs to be OVER WITH. If not, this last couple weeks has been fools gold, and I truly believe that is not the case... So I hope this loss sits hard with the guys, and I hope they come back after the break with a vengeance and rip off a winning streak. That's what contenders DO, rebound from a bad game with several great games.

Let's see what we're made of!
    (Sucks that it has to be almost a full week to find out...)
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

31. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I am worried about the offense. The PnR is easily trapped and there is little movement elsewhere.

To me the difference in this game was the 50/50 balls. They got all of them. Some of it was effort but it seemed like the ball just bounced their way all night.

Everyone needs to remember that DC is a second year player. He is gonna have ups and downs.

There is no defense for how Mike's been playing. It's time to give Brandon those minutes.

We'll be back to form after the break. We need the rest/practice time.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DieHard For This Useful Post: