Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 117

Thread: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

  1. #26

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    There's no doubt Lance is extremely talented but does anyone here really feel comfortable with him?

    I'm not around the team, but between judging other players'/coaches' comments, other things we've read about Lance, Lance's age and a decent understanding of the NBA lifestyle, it seems unlikely that Lance will do more good than harm.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  3. #27

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    never miss a chance to zing a shot at Lance

    I got to be honest , I find it fascinating that AJ walks on water (while being CONVICTED of theft)

    Yet Lance apparently should burn in hell, without actually being convicted of a crime

    Before you say Lance's situation is much more of a concern, I agree with that

    Im just saying you gave AJ the benefit of the doubt, and no matter how you politely describe the episode he did participate
    AJ got into trouble five years ago, and has matured. It took me a long time to get over that too. It's actually ironic that he's my favorite (male) Uconn player, because I certainly didn't think he should have stayed on the team.

    Lance has the sexual assault charge from a while ago, the domestic abuse charge, and less than a month ago he was caught with a hooker. There's a pattern. And he has two daughters. I see a need for some help in that area.

  4. #28
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,611

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Hoop was telling me at the season ticket party that he heard Bird in a Q&A talk about Lance and said that Bird was higher on him than he was any player on our team.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  5. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    2,144

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    I'm excited about this as well. Haven't watched too many games but I do know that everybody here is pretty excited to see him play which makes him getting a few minutes pretty intriguing.

  6. #30
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Great. I was excited before reading some of these things, now I'm downright antsy. I just really hope this guy can keep his **** together.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoop was telling me at the season ticket party that he heard Bird in a Q&A talk about Lance and said that Bird was higher on him than he was any player on our team.
    Bruno was on with Mark Patrick yesterday and said he had a Bird Q & A coming this Thursday. I wonder if thats it.

  9. #32
    Redemption. docpaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Noblesville, IN
    Posts
    1,685

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    The brightness... the rays of sunshine... it's... too much.


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to docpaul For This Useful Post:


  11. #33
    Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indy's North Side
    Posts
    1,540

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    Then maybe you should stop housing all those young hockey players & give some of the "Boyle lesson's of life" to our boy Lance!
    (From Borne-Ready to Boyle-Ready!!! Just do it!!!)
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerGuy For This Useful Post:


  13. #34

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hoop was telling me at the season ticket party that he heard Bird in a Q&A talk about Lance and said that Bird was higher on him than he was any player on our team.
    If that's true, then I have to ask...

    Well, we know Bird considers DC to be the point of the future by Bird. And we've read that the team believes PG is our up and coming superstar.

    If Bird is really that high on him, you would think it would be as a starter...and if Lance gets his stuff together..is Bird's plan to trade Granger eventually?

  14. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's true, then I have to ask...

    Well, we know Bird considers DC to be the point of the future by Bird. And we've read that the team believes PG is our up and coming superstar.

    If Bird is really that high on him, you would think it would be as a starter...and if Lance gets his stuff together..is Bird's plan to trade Granger eventually?
    Im sure if he gets proper value he would. But he views Granger in higher reguards than other teams.

  15. #36
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's true, then I have to ask...

    Well, we know Bird considers DC to be the point of the future by Bird. And we've read that the team believes PG is our up and coming superstar.

    If Bird is really that high on him, you would think it would be as a starter...and if Lance gets his stuff together..is Bird's plan to trade Granger eventually?
    There are some signs that seem to be pointing that way, aren't there?

    I'm not sure. Granger's prime doesn't exactly mesh with the primes of the rest of our core. Say Larry thinks PG/Lance are the future at the wings, then yeah it kind of makes Granger the odd man out.

  16. #37
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    The main problem with Lance and the Pacers is that the Pacers don't have wiggle room as a franchise to give Lance time to make mistakes and grow up. Other franchises might have this ability, but I don't feel the Pacers with the recent history have this luxury, even for a guy with as much talent as he may have.

    I guess what I'm saying if Lance gets into another 'situation', does the franchise have any choice but to cut ties, no matter how talented he might be. Some think it should have happened over the summer.

    I ask this too, will it become easier or harder for Lance to do stupid things once shows that he is very good?

    Lastly, I've said this before, I'm okay with where we are now. I just don't want to commit or trust him with any longer term or more lucrative deal, until you have absolutely no choice. Even then, if we are still getting hints and videos and what not, I'd still move him.

    My point is there isn't any talent worth a guy you can't depend on. Theres only so much money alloted to pay for talent and I've watched it go to Tinsley as dead money and others as being overpaid for too long. I'm not in any way ready to make another leap of faith for another commitment that cripples the franchise.

    Maybe he becomes a pro and has an epiphany, at least its something to hope for.

    Sorry for peeing in the cheerios again, I just feel like that I know as soon as I get behind this guy, he'll do something even more stupid.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  18. #38
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,550

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    As has been said, there is a difference between talent and mentality.

    It may very well be that Lance has the talent but he isn't quite ready (or is only very recently ready) between the ears to be on the court.

    Let us not make the same mistake as confusing potential with results.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  20. #39
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    I'll condense my long previous post.

    I don't trust Lance.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Speed For This Useful Post:


  22. #40

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no doubt Lance is extremely talented but does anyone here really feel comfortable with him?

    I'm not around the team, but between judging other players'/coaches' comments, other things we've read about Lance, Lance's age and a decent understanding of the NBA lifestyle, it seems unlikely that Lance will do more good than harm.
    I do. He seems to not think things over sometimes and that's got him in a couple of crappy situations already but I'm way more fine with crappy situations than him being a problem to the actual team. It seems like the players are pretty cool with him. I was kind of worried about all the stories of him being a crappy teammate with a short temper when he was younger but really I think we have enough level heads on the team for it to not be a problem to the team as a whole if he does at times revert back to those kinds of behaviors. So far from what I can see he's been pretty mature and focused as far as his basketball situation has gone so far........not so much outside of it though. lol.
    Last edited by Gold; 02-16-2011 at 12:24 PM. Reason: quick spelling correction

  23. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do. He seems to not think things over sometimes and that's got him in a couple of crappy situations already but I'm way more fine with crappy situations than him being a problem to the actual team. It seems like the players are pretty cool with him. I was kind of worried about all the stories of him being a crappy teammate with a short temper when he was younger but really I think we have enough level heads on the team for it to not be a problem to the team as a whole if he does at times revert back to those kinds of behaviors. So far from what I can see he's been pretty mature and focused as far as his basketball situations has gone so far........not so much outside of it though. lol.
    Him and Rush were having a ball playing 1v1. The thing with Lance is he is much like Dathay when he is playing basketball he is always smiling. This is thier loves and a lot of them would play for damm near nothing. Im glad our new player love the game Paul and Lance and Roy are in Love with basketball.

  24. #42
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,525

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do. He seems to not think things over sometimes and that's got him in a couple of crappy situations already but I'm way more fine with crappy situations than him being a problem to the actual team. It seems like the players are pretty cool with him. I was kind of worried about all the stories of him being a crappy teammate with a short temper when he was younger but really I think we have enough level heads on the team for it to not be a problem to the team as a whole if he does at times revert back to those kinds of behaviors. So far from what I can see he's been pretty mature and focused as far as his basketball situation has gone so far........not so much outside of it though. lol.

    Not knowing the inner workings, I completely agree with what you're saying.

    His teammates seem to like him and he seems to be engaged.

    There was a rumbling that he was slow to get stuff and maybe not going all out in practice at one point though, which is another reason to keep watching.

    If this guy is the 2nd or 1st most talented guy on the team, its worth it to make every effort to help him, help the franchise. I just retain the right to be skeptical.

    Its once bitten twice shy.

    Side note: I thought in summer league Lance got a little chippy and let a couple of elbows fly in a not so obvious way. So that lack of control is still bubbling there or at least imo.

    Whatever happens, happens. I hope it doesn't become a distraction, but instead is a plus.

  25. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Now I can't wait to see this guys

  26. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmmm ... if Mr. Boyle is that high on Lance, then even I'm inclined to get a little excited. That sounds like a far cry from the Lance Stephenson I saw in preseason though. His head was spinning like the Great Tiger from Mike Tyson Punchout, and he was virtually useless in preseason.

    I guess we'll see. I'm pulling for him to be good, but I'm skeptical.
    He really only got PT in only one game. The Chicago game and the whole team played horrible. But with that said I dont epect him to come out and played great. He will proably be rusty for a few weeks.

  27. #45
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Lance reminds me soo much of a young Mike Tyson

    Tyson , was also young and quite immature, and also pampered

    Lance really needs to be around positive role models and I think he will be OK
    Sittin on top of the world!

  28. #46
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,607

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll condense my long previous post.

    I don't trust Lance.
    Understandable bro

    Plus he likes a finger up the ***

    I dont trust him either

    Sittin on top of the world!

  29. #47
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Understandable bro

    Plus he likes a finger up the ***

    I dont trust him either

    I still laugh every time I hear that. I bet his teammates give him so much **** for that.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  31. #48

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    :

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,852
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    21,

    I don't know enough to speculate on whether Lance can be a starter or not. As I said, he has talent, but that alone is not enough. I am hopeful, though.

    George is another story. Not only can I envision him being a starter, I've publicily stated before that I think he has a chance to be special. We've had one player here in my time - Ron Artest - with the talent and desire to excel at both ends of the court, and I think George could be the second.

    MJB
    Plus George has a better mental state than Ronnie.

  34. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Do you guys think that Lance could be that closer we've been asking for all this time? I think he has the "No fear"thing in him, cold blooded type of player.

Similar Threads

  1. What could Lance get?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
  2. wade ,rose, mayo, lance?
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM
  3. Lance is not a pg
    By MLB007 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 12:43 AM
  4. What do you expect after the All-Star break?
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •