Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 117

Thread: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

  1. #1
    ENABEABLER MagicRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...ft-2nd-quarter
    Written by

    Mike Wells

    Stephenson waits


    Vogel said there's a chance rookie Lance Stephenson could make his season debut next week.

    Stephenson, the only Pacer yet to appear in a game this season, missed time last week to attend the birth of his daughter.

    "We talk about it every single game," Vogel said. "(Missing time) set him back a few days, but it could happen as early as when we get back from the break."
    Last edited by MagicRat; 02-16-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MagicRat For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  3. #2
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Regardless of the opinion of some of our holier-than-thou compadres, I'm pretty excited to see him get on an NBA court and see what he can do against real competition. If vnzla was right and he was indeed schooling B.Rush, a guy most consider our best perimeter defender, during pre-game yesterday, then it really says something about his offensive abilities.
    Grown Man Ball

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Count me in the contingent that can't wait to see Lance play.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eddie Gill For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    As SMosely said, regardless of other opinions, I'm very excited to see him play.

    Throw away all the off court and other crap, and looking purely at basketball standpoints, I'm extremely excited just to see what he can offer.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Wonder at whose expense will Lance get minutes?
    Sittin on top of the world!

  10. #6
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder at whose expense will Lance get minutes?
    Dunleavy if he keeps playing like he has been recently.
    Grown Man Ball

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SMosley21 For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,489

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder at whose expense will Lance get minutes?
    I asked this yesterday too. Maybe its less Dunleavy, play Lance with the second unit in a set with AJ. Lance has the ball in his hands ala a Point Guard on offense, guards the shooting guard on defense.

    Games on Tues, Wed next week before the trade deadline. Games on Friday and Sunday after the deadline. Court date on Friday 2/25/11.

    I guess there could be a trade that would make minutes available.

    I don't want AJ benched or PGs minutes reduced. Thats main things I care about.

  13. #8
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Congrads on the daughter Lance, now please remember you have one, the next time you get into a confrontation with a young woman

    I hope his daughter is by the same woman
    Sittin on top of the world!

  14. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regardless of the opinion of some of our holier-than-thou compadres, I'm pretty excited to see him get on an NBA court and see what he can do against real competition. If vnzla was right and he was indeed schooling B.Rush, a guy most consider our best perimeter defender, during pre-game yesterday, then it really says something about his offensive abilities.
    Pacers4ever was the guy that talked about watching Lance and Rush yesterday

  15. #10
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,231

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    I always figured it'd be after the all-star break. To be more specific, Lance will get playing time after the Pacers make a trade.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB

  18. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to mboyle1313 For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  19. #12
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMosley21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dunleavy if he keeps playing like he has been recently.

    Shhhhh, we're not supposed to criticize Dunleavy now that Troy's gone.

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  21. #13
    Stay focused SMosley21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Going the distance
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,534

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    You're obviously very high on the talent of both of our rookies this year Mark. Can you envision these 2 in the same starting lineup in a few years?
    Grown Man Ball

  22. #14
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interested Parties,

    There's far more to being a good NBA player than talent, so I have no idea whether Employee #6 will be able to contribute. I can, however, tell you this: his talent is remarkable. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    Totally understand where you are coming from .. As these are the sentiments I have felt all along, but as with a few others on here , get brushed aside like we don't know what we are talking about..

    A player just doesn't become one of the most talented high school players to come out of New York , and Lincoln High ... and NOT have the potential skill/talent-wise to become a very good player provided they get/have their chit together ...

    Just like How Hansbrough was the most decorated, and record breaking player to play in ACC history ..

    Surpassing even Jordan at North Carolina and their own records... Guy like that usually succeeds at the pro level ..IMHO .. Both Tyler and Lance have alot of "Dogg" in them..




    Glad to actually hear some confirmation from a very reliable source such as yourself Mr. Boyle on Lance's game and potential on talent alone...

    .

    Thanks for your post ...
    .
    .
    Last edited by Kemo; 02-16-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Member PacersRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    BTown
    Posts
    660

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by mboyle1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In fact, I'd go so far as to say that, on talent alone, George is the only other player on this team that I would put in Stephenson's class.

    MJB
    Now I just can't wait to see him on the court!!

    On a crazy side note, I actually had a dream last week about Lance's debut. He went 5-18 lol! Maybe I spend too much time thinking about the pacers...

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersRule For This Useful Post:


  26. #16

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked this yesterday too. Maybe its less Dunleavy, play Lance with the second unit in a set with AJ. Lance has the ball in his hands ala a Point Guard on offense, guards the shooting guard on defense.

    Games on Tues, Wed next week before the trade deadline. Games on Friday and Sunday after the deadline. Court date on Friday 2/25/11.

    I guess there could be a trade that would make minutes available.

    I don't want AJ benched or PGs minutes reduced. Thats main things I care about.
    So he has two daughters now? I think he needs a few women studies courses or something..

    I don't think anyone questions Stephenson's talent. I question his ability to play within a team framework, his basketball IQ, and I think the Pacers are making a mistake by trying to play him at point. (not his fault)

    I think he needs to play with AJ, actually. I think he (Stephenson) needs the ball in his hands. Price is able to run a team and play off the ball at the same time (He did this a lot with Kemba Walker, because Kemba needed the ball too) It would also allow Stephenson to have another ball handler on the court with him.

  27. #17
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,489

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    So the same guy who I'm excited about his talent is the same guy I'm concerned he will do something stupid being in NY without structure and supervsion for the next 4 days.

  28. #18
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Hmmmm ... if Mr. Boyle is that high on Lance, then even I'm inclined to get a little excited. That sounds like a far cry from the Lance Stephenson I saw in preseason though. His head was spinning like the Great Tiger from Mike Tyson Punchout, and he was virtually useless in preseason.

    I guess we'll see. I'm pulling for him to be good, but I'm skeptical.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    If Lance plays at the level he showed in Summer League once he gets some actual game-time after his NBA debut , we will have a very very special player...

    Could you imagine a rotation of :

    Hibbert/Foster
    McRoberts/Hansbrough
    Granger/Rush
    George/Stephenson
    Collison/Price

    That just reeks of awesomeness to me ...

    I'd have Lance play both the 2 and the 1 spot here till we see if he is actually able to play both efficiently..
    Same with George, I'd alternate him and Rush at the 2 and 3 spots ..

    Also throw in some minutes at the 2 and 3 spot for Dahntay Jones ,in a set specific role ..

    I REALLY hope that Lance can take this opportunity and capitalize on it to the max and play so well where it will be impossible for Vogel and Bird to keep him from getting some minutes out on the floor...



    .
    Last edited by Kemo; 02-16-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  31. #20
    Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,286

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hmmmm ... if Mr. Boyle is that high on Lance, then even I'm inclined to get a little excited. That sounds like a far cry from the Lance Stephenson I saw in preseason though. His head was spinning like the Great Tiger from Mike Tyson Punchout, and he was virtually useless in preseason.

    I guess we'll see. I'm pulling for him to be good, but I'm skeptical.
    Rookie year pre-season generally isn't the best indicator of talent or potential.

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CooperManning For This Useful Post:


  33. #21
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rookie year pre-season generally isn't the best indicator of talent or potential.
    More so than a pickup game in Summer League. Doesn't stop people from marveling at that.

  34. #22
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    haha .... Ya know ...

    As much as I know it would probably be in bad taste , but I have had this urge to get my custom Stephenson "Porn Ready" swingman jersey , when I buy my regular George and Stephenson swingmans ...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  36. #23
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,603

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he has two daughters now? I think he needs a few women studies courses or something..
    never miss a chance to zing a shot at Lance

    I got to be honest , I find it fascinating that AJ walks on water (while being CONVICTED of theft)

    Yet Lance apparently should burn in hell, without actually being convicted of a crime

    Before you say Lance's situation is much more of a concern, I agree with that

    Im just saying you gave AJ the benefit of the doubt, and no matter how you politely describe the episode he did participate
    Last edited by 90'sNBARocked; 02-16-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  38. #24

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sNBARocked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I hope his daughter is by the same woman

    Why doesn't this surprise me?? Maybe that was what the staircase argument was about. She was pregnant again, or she knew Stephenson had another one on the way from having a case of zipperitis.

  39. #25

    Default Re: Lance has baby/could be active after AS break.....

    21,

    I don't know enough to speculate on whether Lance can be a starter or not. As I said, he has talent, but that alone is not enough. I am hopeful, though.

    George is another story. Not only can I envision him being a starter, I've publicily stated before that I think he has a chance to be special. We've had one player here in my time - Ron Artest - with the talent and desire to excel at both ends of the court, and I think George could be the second.

    MJB

  40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mboyle1313 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. What could Lance get?
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 11:08 AM
  2. wade ,rose, mayo, lance?
    By Pacers2012 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 04:55 PM
  3. Lance is not a pg
    By MLB007 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-16-2010, 12:43 AM
  4. What do you expect after the All-Star break?
    By Lord Helmet in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-21-2005, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •