Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy crap, Hibbert unloads to Kravitz about O'Brien

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Default Re: Holy crap, Hibbert unloads to Kravitz about O'Brien

That's one of the best articles ever written by the Digest crew.

He might as well have told us all to slow our roll with Vogel.

I mean I know I beat to death both "irrelevent" and the MIP reaction, and I know I'm not the only one. Certainly this means that a Pacers writer would also have those items in mind, and yet the difference is that you heard it here at PD every day and basically never saw it in the press past the point when it was first reported.

It feels like an article that's about 6 months late to the party. I don't need Roy telling me about looking back at the bench because I posted the numbers for Roy (and Rush) pre-post JOB's "Roy for MIP" response and how they pretty clearly showed a guy broken in two, going from pretty hot to ice cold in one week and then staying that way.

JOB as a coach was a jerk, there's just no other way to view it. He said and did things that were simply unnecessary rather than being honestly mistaken. He went out of his way to make comments, and this in turn suggested that his "haphazard" roster moves may have been designed to demoralize and break players down more than people might want to believe.

No reasonable coach would ever bench Josh or Price or George or Tyler after some of the games they've had that resulted in a total DNP within 1-3 games. Not if you were coaching a team in the position the Pacers have been in for 3 years.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read the article early this morning and it raised my eyebrows too. However, then I remembered this is coming from Kravitz who's admitted he thinks columnists should stir things up.

Since he feels that way he's only going to post dirt. Hibbert could have said a lot of nice things about O'B, but Bob of course wouldn't relate them.

My advice is don't get upset about anything Kravitz says, because it will be slanted to stir things up.
    You don't think the bigger news story would've been if Hibbert had heaped praise on O'Brien? That would've had this place abuzz trying to figure out if Hibbert was being sarcastic or serious. Let alone getting people to rethink their positions on O'Brien.

If Kravitz wanted to stir things up then the thing to do wasn't to tell us what we think we already know anyway, it would've been to tell us the opposite.

Besides that, even if Hibbert had positive things to say, the negative things he said had to negate the positive. There's no other reasonable way to look at it.

I think Kravitz just used Roy to confirm the obvious.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    There has never been a doubt in my mind that the 2 things that kept Jimmy from being fired earlier was stubborness and money... Bird's stubborness and Herb having to pay 2 coaches.

We can debate the issue of Jimmy's team option being picked up as a way not to make Jimmy a lameduck coach last year until the cows come home, but w/o a doubt that was a MAJOR BLUNDER OF MONUMENTAL PROPORTIONS by Bird.
    QFT

This team's resurgence may not have significant foundation in Vogel's common sensical coaching approach and providing playing time and predictability to the players. But it surely has everything to do with taking O'Brien's boot off their necks.

Perhaps this board has been respectfully politically correct where O'Brien is concerned. But he was a terrible coach. This young team is far too talented to have had them sitting on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    The hater in me read this

and thought what he really meant is "I've been on vacation and didn't have a change to troll PD to find out the pulse of Pacer Nation."
    I've thought so too, but a guy who worked with Kravitz was on here a couple of months ago and basically said the badger was an internet illiterate and couldn't find PD if he wanted to.

It's not hard for me to believe.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I've thought so too, but a guy who worked with Kravitz was on here a couple of months ago and basically said the badger was an internet illiterate and couldn't find PD if he wanted to.

It's not hard for me to believe.
    So the guy must type his articles on a type writer? I'm willing to bet that he turns his articles in electronically, and I'm willing to bet he knows how to navigate Indystar.com.

Let's not act like using the internet is something hard to do, that requires some serious brain power.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...pervision.html

Let's not insult people's intelligence. My dad uses two fingers to type, still uses the very first cell phone we got him in 2003, and even he knows how to navigate the web.

That might be his "go-to" line, when people say something about him piggy backing his articles, but what do you really expect him to say?

"Yes, I get a lot of my ideas from other people, and I just merely use their opinion. I get paid to voice other people's opinion."

Hell no. But there have been WAAAAY too many coincidences from what has been said on here, that magically show up in his articles a few days later.
    Last edited by Since86; 02-22-2011 at 01:27 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Galen View Post
    I read the article early this morning and it raised my eyebrows too. However, then I remembered this is coming from Kravitz who's admitted he thinks columnists should stir things up.

Since he feels that way he's only going to post dirt. Hibbert could have said a lot of nice things about O'B, but Bob of course wouldn't relate them.

My advice is don't get upset about anything Kravitz says, because it will be slanted to stir things up.
    It's one thing if Bob's sources disagree with his columns. That's expected to happen sometimes. But if his sources believe that he is inaccurately portraying what they say and giving only one side of what they say, he would be in a lot of trouble with them and his management in a hurry.

Think about it - if you are Hibbert and are giving a balanced portrayal of good and bad about O'Brien and Kravitz reports only the bad that you said, how are you going to feel about it and are you going to keep quite about it? And if he does that sort of thing on a regular basis with you and other players, aren't you and other players going to respond to that either by saying something about it or by refusing to be interviewed with him? If Kravitz was doing what you accuse him of doing, he would never have gotten this far in his career. He can slant his opinion and what he writes about what he thinks in any direction he wants, but he better not slant what his sources are saying in their quotes or he'll be done in a hurry.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    So the guy must type his articles on a type writer? I'm willing to bet that he turns his articles in electronically, and I'm willing to bet he knows how to navigate Indystar.com.

Let's not act like using the internet is something hard to do, that requires some serious brain power.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...pervision.html

Let's not insult people's intelligence. My dad uses two fingers to type, still uses the very first cell phone we got him in 2003, and even he knows how to navigate the web.

That might be his "go-to" line, when people say something about him piggy backing his articles, but what do you really expect him to say?

"Yes, I get a lot of my ideas from other people, and I just merely use their opinion. I get paid to voice other people's opinion."

Hell no. But there have been WAAAAY too many coincidences from what has been said on here, that magically show up in his articles a few days later.
    Also something that makes me want to call BS is the fact that he has a Twitter account that he uses all the time. Someone that has a Twitter and knows how to use it would obviously know how to go to google.com and type in "Pacers message board".