2 1.89%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: new starting SG

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: new starting SG

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    While I think George should start, that's not discrimination. Have you ever heard of Rick Ankiel? He gave the Cardinals the best chance to win, and in one start, his entire career was derailed because of the amount of pressure to win pressed on him. If you don't follow baseball, it was crazy.

For two years in pro baseball he looked like the next great big thing as a pitcher. He was highly dominant as a 20 year old in the major leagues. He was almost unheard of. The guy was amazing. A friend and I drove to St. Louis just to watch him pitch once. It's sad what happened, but he was given the starting job in the playoffs for a game, and for 2 innings he shut the Braves out. Then in the 3rd inning he threw 5 wild pitches (pitches so bad the catcher couldn't catch it), gave up several runs and walked 5 guys. He couldn't throw strikes. The sad part, is he never could again.

He went from looking like a future superstar, to a guy who would never be capable of throwing strikes again. All in 1 bad inning.

Here's a visual aid ....

Paul will fail before he succeds. If he doesnt have the right mindset he will never succed luckly he does. Comparing the 2 sports isnt really fair. Like Croz said the Heat gave Dwade the keys his rookie yr and he almost upset the Pacers in the playoffs. He has the attuite / mentality to be a star let him be the man. Many rookies in the NBA have done it. I think it would be best for the franchdie going forward.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not comparing the sports. I'm comparing what pressure on a kid who isn't ready for it can do. Nothing to do with what sport it is.

But we aren't asking Paul to be the star right now. We would just want him to keep playing like he has been, just with the starting unit. I don't see how its any more pressure than what he's doing now. It would be less on court pressure because he would be surrounded with better players.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not comparing the sports. I'm comparing what pressure on a kid who isn't ready for it can do. Nothing to do with what sport it is.
    there really isnt pressure. If we are a 8 seed we have 0 pressure on us. We arent expected to win plus Paul doesnt lack confindice thats for sure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

There are good reasons to believe George shouldn't start yet, but pressure is not one of them. If he couldn't handle the pressure now his potential is far less than most of us believe.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post: