Thread: IND/SAC trade

Default IND/SAC trade

There was a rumor on espn a few days ago about the Kings wanting to add another wing that was a veteran shooter/playmaker that wouldnt hurt their cap...well we have a swingman that fits that mold in mike dunleavy and we need a big to balance out our roster so why not do this..

SAC trades: Jason Thompson
    SAC gets: Mike dunleavy

IND trades: Mike Dunleavy
    IND gets; Jason Thompson

Works due to them being so far under the cap

Simple trades can sometimes be the best and would not hurt our team chemistry as much while we would be getting a younger and more balanced rotation....it would free up time for brandon or paul to start and get a good dose of minutes and it would also free up some time for lance to audition and see what he can do...if he struggles then we can just keep playing D. Jones....this makes us better defensively and gets us someone to fill a position of need (backup C when Jeff retires or gets injured)...your thoughts?

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: IND/SAC trade

Plus JT can also plAy center so he can backup center. Josh, Tyler. Roy, and , JT would be the youngest front court in the NBA. Thompson is what we need. Dun is not.

Sounds great to me. Trading Dun will free up playing time for PG, Rush, and Lance when he plays.

Undefeated

Sounds really good, but any chance Sac would do it? Also, how would you make the salaries line up?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sounds really good, but any chance Sac would do it? Also, how would you make the salaries line up?
    The Kings have enough cap space this year to take on Dunleavy's contract. I'd think they would rather get another PG (like TJ Ford) rather than another wing player.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Grundy View Post
    The Kings have enough cap space this year to take on Dunleavy's contract. I'd think they would rather get another PG (like TJ Ford) rather than another wing player.
    we can give them both, and some $$$ to compensate, whatever we would have paid TJ to buy him out.

would like this trade very much.

may have to include a 1st to get it done or Rush.. take your pick. i send em Dun & 1st. and if they want TJ, some compensation as well.

I only want this deal if we send out only 1 expiring.

There is no way in hell Larry is dumb enough to send 2 of our expirerings for Jason Thompson.

The kid is good, but not that good. Honestly, not much more of an upgrade over Hans and McBob.

They can have their choice of Ford or Dunleavy and maybe, MAYBE a first. But not both.

Basically, don't tell me we waited 3 years for Jason Thompson.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I only want this deal if we send out only 1 expiring.

There is no way in hell Larry is dumb enough to send 2 of our expirerings for Jason Thompson.

The kid is good, but not that good. Honestly, not much more of an upgrade over Hans and McBob.

They can have their choice of Ford or Dunleavy and maybe, MAYBE a first. But not both.

Basically, don't tell me we waited 3 years for Jason Thompson.
    ?? expirings arent even that valueble right now. We wouldnt be adding $$ we would be shredding it ur logic me

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    ?? expirings arent even that valueble right now. We wouldnt be adding $$ we would be shredding it ur logic me
    But you're telling me we want to use expirings for Jason Thompson? Be real with yourself. Thompson is not that good.

Decent? Yes

Much of an upgrade over Hans/McBob? In all likelihood, no.

Save those expirings and we'll cash in with FA. The last thing we need is more mediocrity. We're already about as mediocre as it comes. Thompson won't change that.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    But you're telling me we want to use expirings for Jason Thompson? Be real with yourself. Thompson is not that good.

Decent? Yes

Much of an upgrade over Hans/McBob? In all likelihood, no.

Save those expirings and we'll cash in with FA. The last thing we need is more mediocrity. We're already about as mediocre as it comes. Thompson won't change that.
    we are trading Mike Dunleavy Thompson is cheaper plus clears the log jam it would improve the team while getting better. Win win scenerio

Psyren

the beauty of this trade is that even if he doesn't work out for us long term it didn't cost us cap space because he only makes around 2 million and because of the kings being around 20 mil under the cap we can do the trade proposed without taking back any more money than thompsons which would be like we let dunleavy expire and just signed thompson to a one year first round rookie contract.....still leaving money to burn in FA this offseason

so essentially we are drafting thompson (still on rookie deal) and giving him a 30 game tryout to see if we still need to pay for another big in the offseason or simply stay put, be patient and grow pretty savy move in my opinion...just like the collison for murphy trade...if murphy can get us collison with his hollow stats then maybe dunleavy with his hollow stats can net us thompson

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PridePassionPacers For This Useful Post:

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Sure. This is a decent trade for us. Except..

..I don't understand.. If Sactown is going absolutely no where this season than why do they want to give up a good prospect in Jason Thompson for a decent back-up wing/point guard that is going to sign elsewhere next year?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

--

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Dun isn't much better than Garcia and Sac isn't throwing away young talent for an old veteran that they could sign in FA shortly.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post: