Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NBA scouts offer opinions on Jones, Sullinger, Irving and 53 others

B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: NBA scouts offer opinions on Jones, Sullinger, Irving and 53 others

People even said the 2009 draft class was weak. They beat the 2008 class in the rook sophomore game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the Camby/Warrick hybrid is a fair comparision for Johnson. He's never gonna develop the size to be a starting 5 like Camby did. However, for those of us old enough to still have nightmares about Camby's pogo-stick days, JaJuan certainly has that in his game. Warrick definitely is a good comparision physically for Johnson, but JaJuan has a much better head on his shoulders. How many times have you seen Warrick play and think, "Man, if he just knew what he was doing out there."
    I am an IU fan so in no way am I biased here. Anyone who discounts JaJuan Johnson is crazy. I dont like Purdue at all but I admire his work ethic and leadership. He is 6'10 and will bulk up. He will be able to make it as a 4 in this league. I would love for the Pacers to draft him if he is available - but I am betting he will not be. The Pacers will not be picking in the top 10 so there probably wont be any future superstars available.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Johnson is like a late first round/second round pick type player.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Johnson is like a late first round/second round pick type player.
    I am guessing mid to late (20's) first round. No way he is still around in round 2. He is a big who can run the floor and has a great attitude. Quality all the way around

5. The Following User Says Thank You to troyc11a For This Useful Post:

[QUOTE=Really?;1166965]

before last years draft everyone said it was week/QUOTE]

Horsefeathers. The 010 draft was NOT considered a weak draft leading up to draft day. With all the underclassman coming out due to the possible lockout, it was considered a good draft.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

One last name to throw out there... Thomas Robinson... his upside is higher than both Morris twins to me...

And he is s rebound machine...

Mood

[QUOTE=Justin Tyme;1167267]
    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post

before last years draft everyone said it was week/QUOTE]

Horsefeathers. The 010 draft was NOT considered a weak draft leading up to draft day. With all the underclassman coming out due to the possible lockout, it was considered a good draft.
    During the college season everyone claimed the draft would be weak... Which top underclassmen came out in that draft that wouldn't have came out if there was no talk of a lockout?

John Wall, Wes Johnson, Evan Turner, Cousins, Favors, Monroe, Davis... I am pretty sure they were all coming out no matter what...

Banned

Derrick Williams is good but he will be gone in the top 5, and undersized players are okay sometimes, but too many on your team and you will never get anywhere in the playoffs.
    Agreed that he'll go in the top-five, possibly even the top-three.

For the record, Williams measured in at 6'9", 231 lb. and a 7' wingspan at the LeBron Skills Academy last summer. Those are solid power forward measurements, especially for a kid who had just turned 19 two weeks earlier and who has plenty of time to add weight/strength. Also, if you compare last year's LSA measurements to the official pre-draft measurements, the LSA heights are actually a bit lower, so they seem to be fairly legit and not exaggerations.

(realistically) Terrence Jones, John Henson, Keith Benson, Tyler Honeycutt, and MAYBE Jimmer. in that order.

my dark horse is Klay Thompson. Could be next Ray Allen.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by troyc11a View Post
    I am guessing mid to late (20's) first round. No way he is still around in round 2. He is a big who can run the floor and has a great attitude. Quality all the way around
    I agree. Last year he was a borderline first rounder and more likely early second rounder. He's solidified himself in the second half of the first this year. He has been outstanding. He has carried Purdue. Sullinger will win Big Ten POY but Johnson deserves it. I don't think the Boilers are even a tourney team without him. OSU is still a sweet-16 caliber team without Sullinger.

And off topic but OSU's loss at Wisconsin should not have knocked them down from number 1.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Can Benson play the 4? haven't seen any of his games, but judging from the tape he looks more like a NBA 5.

And if we did take Fredette where do you see him fitting in on this team...?

Can Benson play the 4? haven't seen any of his games, but judging from the tape he looks more like a NBA 5.

And if we did take Fredette where do you see him fitting in on this team...?
    i feel like with the way jj redick has fit in nicely once he has had some growth, jimmer in the same way can give us a nice offensive spark off the bench and some hustle to go along with an extremely high bball IQ. this is of course if none of the aforementioned guys are available and jimmer is indeed the bpa at the time.
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

I like going to those draft sights and not seeing our Pacers in the lottery. Thats something I could get use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Derrick Williams is at 19 & 8 in 28 minutes. That's 24 & 10 per-36. 63.4% from the field and─SWEET JESUS!─25-36 from downtown (69.4%). Chad Ford has him as the 8th best prospect. If he's really available in the bottom of the top-10, I'd love to see us try and make a move to pick him up, assuming we're not already picking in that range.
    Being an AZ Wildcats fan, I'd poop my pants if we got Derrick Williams. The kid is ridiculously good, and his sneaker game is top notch too
    Grown Man Ball