Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87

Thread: Trade deadline looming

  1. #1
    Member IndyHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293

    Default Trade deadline looming

    The trade deadline is coming up. Can PG or Roy become the Robin to Danny's Batman (or vice versa) or do we need to make a trade? I don't want to screw up what we have going now, it feels kinda good but it is against bad teams. Should we mix it up or stay the same?

  2. #2
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    We should obviously get more talent, but I am really starting to believe that Bird is going to put his tail between his legs and sit on the expirings.. Again.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should obviously get more talent, but I am really starting to believe that Bird is going to put his tail between his legs and sit on the expirings.. Again.
    That is the smart thing to do in my view.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Member IndyHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should obviously get more talent, but I am really starting to believe that Bird is going to put his tail between his legs and sit on the expirings.. Again.
    What talent is available that we can get?

  7. #5
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,218

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The trade deadline is coming up. Can PG or Roy become the Robin to Danny's Batman (or vice versa) or do we need to make a trade? I don't want to screw up what we have going now, it feels kinda good but it is against bad teams. Should we mix it up or stay the same?
    not directed at you indyhoosier and im guilty as well.. but this whole trade thing is simple.

    find a team that would be interested in dunleavy, ford, or posey and you soon realize the potential for trade is very minimal.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersPride For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the smart thing to do in my view.
    Possibly, but there are certainly guys out there that are low risk/high reward type players and could do wonders for us.

    -I love Mike's game but he's no starting shooting guard.

    -Ditto for Josh.

    -I'll give Price more time, but I think we'll need a defensive backup down the road

    -An athletic, rebounding backup center

  10. #7
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I think we sit on most of our contracts.

    We'll trade our 1st to NY for Anthony Randolph, who will in turn come here and be a headcase and do nothing.

    Then we'll have no draft pick, but at least we'll have money!

    Which will in turn result in us realizing there are no good FA's this off season that will come to us. Then, the few good ones there are officially won't sign with us.

    Then we'll start next season thinking "Oh ******, here we go again".


    /I sure hope not
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  11. #8
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    It'd be great to get a surefire better player, but I'm kind of hoping we don't make the types of moves that appear to be available. We have three potential all stars and four very solid role players...let's see them develop.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to imawhat For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,218

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the smart thing to do in my view.
    mine as well. tho i do not know enuff about the new cba to come to a resolution.

    i dont see how the team will benefit unless its a stud, and were not getting a stud for Dun, Rush, and a 1st unless we just get lucky.

    maybe a small deal, ford for a 2nd or something, but im content with the team as is, then maximize cap space after the cba details are known.

  14. #10
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What talent is available that we can get?
    -I think that Igoudala is still available despite reports from their FO denying it. I also think we can have him for cheap.. I don't think his value is very high.

    -Gerald Wallace. I'm sure we won't go after him because we have a small forward, but he's an AS caliber guy nonetheless

    -Kevin Martin and Luis Scola: Not sure if we have the pieces though.

    -Rumours about David West being traded if he doesn't accept an extension.

    -Cleveland and Toronto has a lot of spare parts. I really like Ramon Sessions, always have.

    -Anthony Randolph is available, but I don't really want us to go that route. He's certainly talented though.

    -Steph Curry, but I don't know if he's really available and I know that we don't have the pieces.. Plus we have a good point guard.

    Plus more guys will come up. Josh Smith maybe with the new CBA crap going on that I'm too lazy to try to understand.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Let the expire contracts expire and get the player you want to get on the cheap next year.

  17. #12
    Member IndyHoosier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    293

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    not directed at you indyhoosier and im guilty as well.. but this whole trade thing is simple.

    find a team that would be interested in dunleavy, ford, or posey and you soon realize the potential for trade is very minimal.
    They may be interested in Mike's contract. Is he not expiring?

  18. #13
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,794

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I wonder if the Bobcats are wanting to shed salary for Jackson and Tyrus Thomas. There was an article mentioning it but I cannot find it. I wonder how the city would feel about Jackson back in town

    If so, I wouldnt mind trading Dunleavy and Ford for them too.

    Collison/Price
    Jackson/Jones
    Granger/George
    Thomas/Hansbrough
    Hibbert/Foster
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  19. #14
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I like Jackson's game, but no way in hell. Maybe Tyrus, but I have some big time questions about his motor and attitude.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  21. #15

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I would let them expire unless you can pry away a Josh Smith caliber power forward. I think an above average/bordering all star level pf is what this team needs to be a really good team. Well, that and about 2 years of developing.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to righteouscool For This Useful Post:


  23. #16

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should obviously get more talent, but I am really starting to believe that Bird is going to put his tail between his legs and sit on the expirings.. Again.
    Again? This is the first time we've had the option to "sit on the expirings" and get under the salary cap. The last several years we've been bumping up against the luxury cap.

    Bird didn't sit on Murphy's expiring contract. He moved it for a pretty darn good starting point guard. Most fans think that was a heck of a trade. Come to think of it, we didn't sit on Jermaine's contract either. We got a starting center out of it.

    Again? How can you say again? Oh, because we let Jarret Jack go? I see, it's in your name, now I understand.

    The thing to remember is, once we let them expire, we're still in a strong position. We'll be able to take bad contracts with a prize (like taking Posey to get Collison). We just won't have to give equal (or any) salary back.

    Those are the kinds of deals that Atlanta has been making the past few years.

    So letting our contracts expire doesn't mean we can't still make trades. We'll just be looking at different kinds of trades. And we'll have to see what we can do under the new CBA.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strummer For This Useful Post:


  25. #17
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,369

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    unfortunately, i think that Players like Iggy and David West won't be available for trade this season. Both the Sixers and Hornets are doing too good to let them go and mess up any chemistry that they have built given their Playoff run. Maybe someone like Landry maybr available......but he's not answer as we need a PF that can rebound.

    IMHO.......this whole Melo-drama will freeze the whole NBA until he's shipped off to the Knicks.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  26. #18
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    16,949

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let the expire contracts expire and get the player you want to get on the cheap next year.
    I'm with you, but signing guys in FA is rarely the cheap way to get them. Usually the other way around.

    This is a crummy time to have a hoard of expiring contracts. Poor free agent class, crappy draft class, and uncertainty with the CBA scares teams. Just our luck.

  27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  28. #19
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I'm still very optimistic about our future though. Chances are that Collison turns out to be a fringe AS caliber guy, Hibbert can and will be flat out solid for us, George is going to be a freaking human highlight reel and a multiple time AS, and Granger is who he is and that's good.

    Throw $25 million in cap space and more draft picks and we have a good opportunity to have some big years.

  29. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Looking back at recent trade deadlines, not a lot of significant talent has been moved. I'd expect the same this year, unfortunately.

  30. #21
    Member Wage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    405

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    If the next CBA stays similar to the current one, I really don't think there is any rush to move our expiring contracts. Let em expire. If you don't see any FAs you like for the price, skip em and go into the season with cap space. Now you have all sorts of opportunities for trades. The ability to trade back "nothing" is a lot more valuable than the ability to trade back an expiring contract.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Wage For This Useful Post:


  32. #22
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wonder how the city would feel about Jackson back in town
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  33. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you, but signing guys in FA is rarely the cheap way to get them. Usually the other way around.

    This is a crummy time to have a hoard of expiring contracts. Poor free agent class, crappy draft class, and uncertainty with the CBA scares teams. Just our luck.
    I call it cheap because the Pacers wouldn't have to give anything of value to the other team, let's say we want to get Dwest before the trade deadline, NO is going to at least ask for a pick, expiring and young player, at the same time the pacers would need to sign him to a new contract(before the new CBA), instead if they wait for Dwest to become a free agent the Pacers might do what Miami did and sign him without giving anything of value in return.

  34. #24

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I really like Ramon Sessions, always have.

    We sure can agree on that! He's not my ideal PG, but I have wanted him ever since he was at Milwaukee.

    Maybe a small tweak like

    Marreese Speights. Since Brand has recovered and playing well, I'd like to get Speights who can play the 4 & 5.

    Mbah a Moute is another hard nose player I like that can play both SF & PF.

    Courtnry Lee is another player I like.

    I'm looking ahead with the idea that Dunleavy, Foster, and Solo won't be here next year. That Rush and McBob might not as well. Hopefully, Stephenson will be gone too.

  35. #25
    Member Speed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Brownsburg
    Posts
    8,491

    Default Re: Trade deadline looming

    I like Mbah a Moute, Christian Eyenga , Nicolas Batum.

    All three of those guys I like as role players on a really good team. Sadly, I think all 3 are probably over valued at this point, in a trade.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
  2. Trade talk: Buzz louder as deadline approaches [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
  3. The official Trade Foster by deadline thread.
    By theboyjwo in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
  4. Pacers Schedule to Trade Deadline Analysis
    By MyFavMartin in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 01:36 PM
  5. Pacers trade you hated the most
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 08:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •