Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ok, I'm ready to see Paul George start now.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Re: Ok, I'm ready to see Paul George start now.

Please no more mike!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yep. At the very least keep him at 30+ mpg like he hit tonight. I said it in the game thread: He's just too good on both ends of the floor to keep out of the game.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Now this isn't me bashing Mike by any means. I want to make that clear. I just think that George is improved enough and he's just better than Mike/Brandon/Jones at this point. He's so versatile and he's a very good passer for a rookie. Did you see that great dime by him to Hansbrough?

He is great to start against bad teams...

But what the hell... putting him out there vs Dwayne freakin Wade is putting Mike in a position to get him embarrassed and put the whole team at a serious disadvantage. Frank still has a long way to go. Though kudos to Frank for benching Mike to start the 2nd half. I think Mike got upset about that. Notice how he wasn't on the bench for the first half of the 3rd?

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

In all honesty I just think that he's trying to use a stable rotation. No more contradictions. I agree with you though.. Mike had it really tough (Understatement of the century) against Dwyane Wade.

It was a pain watching Dunleavy tonight. Can't guard anybody it's getting pathetic. Bench Dunleavy, start PG, and use Rush as a backup. I don't care if Rush can't score consistently, the Pacers have enough offense now. Just sit Dunleavy.

Had Dunleavy not started and put on a mind blowing display of his terrible defense, who knows if Wade could've gotten that hot.

If Vogel's short history tells us anything, then we won't have to plea too much to get George to start. At halftime Vogel saw what we saw and did what we would have done in starting George.

S/N: As a rookie Paul George was able to come in the game and play good defense on Wade, and his coach was confident enough in him to let him do so. The future here is very very bright people...

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

It will be interesting to see Vogel's post-AS break adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_The_Dude View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Vogel's short history tells us anything, then we won't have to plea too much to get George to start. At halftime Vogel saw what we saw and did what we would have done in starting George.

S/N: As a rookie Paul George was able to come in the game and play good defense on Wade, and his coach was confident enough in him to let him do so. The future here is very very bright people...
    No question about it. Vogel made the adjustment at half-time and Dun only came in to guard James Jones, who isn't exactly a slasher like DWade...

Anyway, Vogel has a gun and coaching is like shooting fish in a barrel. I think the man has mostly aligned with my views except playing Dun against DWade.

BTW, I wouldn't start Dun again. Not another game. No point at all. The team just needs to get out of the way or get on the Paul George bandwagon. His era has started...and that dude ain't no Batman.

I wish Mike the best, but surely there is some good team in the western conference in need of his high basketball IQ and constant movement, along with a sweet expiring contract. They can sign him back up as a Pacer next year for a Dahntay Jones deal.

Everyone says the next draft is weak, but a draft pick and some young under performing bench warmer would be a nice swap before the trade deadline.

He should have been starting a long time ago. It's time to rid ourselves of the Murphleavy cancer and get on with a new era.
    We need better than solid. No JJ Redicks, Andray Blatche, Mike Dunleavy type guys to have big roles on our team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I hear his name brought up for MVP all the time. Right now, this year.
    He's an All-Star caliber player on one of the league's top teams, perennially. That's good enough to make him an honorable mention in the MVP race. Of course, no one really thinks he has a chance to win it, just like we all knew J.O. or Peja or anyone else outside of about four or five players had a legitimate shot at the MVP 5-10 years ago.

Mood

Anthem.....

Co-sign.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    His era has started...and that dude ain't no Batman.
    ??? So......you're saying he's Robin??

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Merz View Post
    ??? So......you're saying he's Robin??
    Nope.....it's beginning to look like PG is the Fresh Prince and Granger is Jazzy Jeff.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CooperManning View Post
    It will be interesting to see Vogel's post-AS break adjustments.
    i heard that.

Banned

Ex-'Dog Paul George proving his worth | ABC 30

Quote Originally Posted by David Bataller
    FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Weighed down by high expectations coming into his rookie season, Indiana Pacers first round pick Paul George quickly ran into an issue he had never experienced before.

"It's just been a confidence factor," George told Action News. "Early on I wasn't playing and I got down on myself a little bit."

But Pacers President Larry Bird made a coaching change to get the team's young stars, like George, more playing time.

"I thought that Paul was going to be behind a little bit," Bird said at the coaching change press conference last month. "But now that he's playing pretty well I think that he's shown that if you get some confidence, get some time, you're going to get better."

And since the move, the former Bulldog has flourished.

"With the increase in minutes you can't do anything but progress because of that," said George. "That's been the key to my success right now. My teammates give me a lot of support really. When I'm out there they encourage me to keep on going. They'd like to see me do some spectacular plays. Some highlight plays."

And having Bird, an NBA legend, in his corner has erased all confidence problems from the first couple months of the season.

"Having the organization and the president behind you, that just gives you all the confidence in the world," said George. "I talk to Larry a countless amount of times. Just to pick his brain and see what he does to be so great. Larry is definitely someone I look up to and I'm happy to play for him."

And now George will look ahead to the remainder of his rookie season, to ensure his Pacers get back to the playoffs.

"Right now we're sitting in the 8th spot and that's right where we want to be," George said "We want to move up and continue to move up and try to get a better seed. But if we can make the playoffs, that's definitely an increase in production as opposed to last year."