Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I'm ready to see Paul George start now.

Banned

Default Re: Ok, I'm ready to see Paul George start now.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one compared them stylistically. As I said: "George isn't totally similar to Manu in style of game, but he could have a similar effect." That is, the Pacers could have a game changer coming off the bench. I can only think of a few teams that have that (Mavs with Jason Terry, Crawford in Atlanta, Odom in LA).
    Again, comparing a rookie(that is really good by the way) with Manu Ginobili is insulting, there is no comparison here, Manu has been a top ten player in the league for around 10 years, I think is ridiculous to say that PG is going to have the same effect as Manu by bringing off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Again, comparing a rookie(that is really good by the way) with Manu Ginobili is insulting, there is no comparison here, Manu has been a top ten player in the league for around 10 years, I think is ridiculous to say that PG is going to have the same effect as Manu by bringing off the bench.
    "He could have a similar effect."

Obviously I'm addressing it on a potential level. I doubt Manu would be insulted.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Banned

"He could have a similar effect."

Obviously I'm addressing it on a potential level. I doubt Manu would be insulted.
    The potential is there but at this moment is not even close, Manu used to play off the bench for a reason, he is a facilitator, he is pretty much a point guard in a guards body, he is also one the best clutch players of all times.

Again comparing PG to Manu is just plain stupid I am sorry there is not other way to put it, if you tell me that Paul George has the potential to be as good of a facilitator, clutch shooter and leader as Manu in the future you might have a case.

Seems like you're arguing for the sake or arguing. At no point did I say George was as good as Manu. I said we could utilize him in a similar way as a change of pace off the bench. Take that as an insult if you want.

Manu has been a top ten player in the league for around 10 years
    Seriously? You seriously believe that Manu has been a top ten player in any season let alone a full decade. Manu is good, but top ten is just not true.

Banned

Seems like you're arguing for the sake or arguing. At no point did I say George was as good as Manu. I said we could utilize him in a similar way as a change of pace off the bench. Take that as an insult if you want.
    Sorry man but I am not arguing with you, I am arguing to the thought of people saying that PG could have the same effect as Manu off the bench THIS YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    Seriously? You seriously believe that Manu has been a top ten player in any season let alone a full decade. Manu is good, but top ten is just not true.
    In a 7 game series, I can't think of ten guys I'd rather have than Manu.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

Banned

Most underrated SUPER STAR of the last ten years, there was Kobe in his prime, there was Tmac and Iverson winning scoring titles, but at the end Manu was the one getting the Championships after hitting clutch shot after clutch shot, they guy could have average a triple double in a crappy team.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Most underrated SUPER STAR of the last ten years, there was Kobe in his prime, there was Tmac and Iverson winning scoring titles, but at the end Manu was the one getting the Championships after hitting clutch shot after clutch shot, they guy could have average a triple double in a crappy team.
    I don't think he's a superstar. Great player, top 3 flopper of all time, fantastic bald spot, winner. But no superstar.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

Out of curiosity,what is the value of a player who has won a Euroleague title, an NBA championship, and an Olympic gold medal against a "dream team", and an all star this year, and responsible for like at least 5 wins for the Spurs this year?

Banned

Manu has never been a top-10 player. Let's not go crazy. He's good, very good, but all of San Antonio's champions were carried on the back of Tim Duncan.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Ok, Paul George clearly isn't a finished product. But his on-ball defense was fantastic tonight, and the dude is clearly unconscious in buzzer-beating situations. I'd love to see him get the start next to Danny.

This isn't an anti-Dunleavy thread, it's a pro-George one.
    This guy with two first names does not have any of the defensive liabilities of Dun or the offensive narcolepsy of Rush so what is the point of not starting him?
    DC/PG/DG/JM/RH is the future starting line-up and we should not be cautious in putting it on the floor.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I actually like PG in the second unit. When he's on the second unit, he is one of the primary scorers instead of being the 4th scoring option with the starters. No reason to mess with a good thing. No reason to put added pressure on him. Let him do his thing in the second unit. If he's playing well like he was last night, let him finish the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    Manu has never been a top-10 player. Let's not go crazy. He's good, very good, but all of San Antonio's champions were carried on the back of Tim Duncan.
    I hear his name brought up for MVP all the time. Right now, this year.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PaceBalls For This Useful Post:

Paul George said that him, AJ and Hans talk about how they enjoy being the second unit and coming in with a lot of energy and such..like there's some pride too it.

PG is having fun, he's succeeding. Leave him with the bench unit until we need a change. As I said, Vogel's smart enough to know when he needs to change something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    Paul George said that him, AJ and Hans talk about how they enjoy being the second unit and coming in with a lot of energy and such..like there's some pride too it.
    That's really cool. Got a link? When was this?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I hear his name brought up for MVP all the time. Right now, this year.
    Manu def deserves some consideration. One of the most efficient scorers of all time, while at the same time being a great defender. He's the 3rd best 2 guard in the NBA today. He may not be a top 10 player in a given year, but he's def a top 10 player over the past 5-7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    That's really cool. Got a link? When was this?
    It was one of the radio interviews (I think JMV)

I definitely think it's time for Paul George to start. Not only because he needs the opportunity to play with the first unit as much as probably but I think the unexpected added beneficiary to George starting would actually be Dunleavy.

Dunleavy is playing out of position as a starting two guard and as a scorer himself who needs the ball in his hands, it's a little hard for him to get the ball with DC, DG and Roy all getting the majority of touches. With him coming in as the 6th man at small forward, he'd be playing at his natural position, and the go to guy with the second unit. I think we'd see fantastic results right away with Paul George starting.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Got to this. What killed us early on was the terrible defensive trio of DC/Dun/Danny. Obviously you don't bench DC or Danny to solve the issue so Dunleavy is the odd man out. George has progressed enough to be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    Got to this. What killed us early on was the terrible defensive trio of DC/Dun/Danny. Obviously you don't bench DC or Danny to solve the issue so Dunleavy is the odd man out. George has progressed enough to be starting.
    I concur.

Rooting My Family 2 Glory CooperManning's Avatar

I was really impressed with PG's defense tonight. I'm amazed at how complete of a player he has the potential to become.

I agree with this. If anything this game showed us that we won't be able to compete with an elite team with Dunleavy as our starting 2. George has earned it. It's time.

It's getting stupid now. Paul needs to start and I'm not sure he should come off the floor.

Pass That

**** Dunleavy
    Spoiler Spoiler: