Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ind/Min postgame thread

Banned

Default Ind/Min postgame thread

Crappy game overall, nice D by the guys in the 4th quarter, DJ was the man today.

Default Re: Ind/Min postgame thread

defense in the fourth quarter was playoff level and I don't say that very often.

And it had nothing to do with adjustments or strategy, it was all effort. Probably the most effort I have seen on defense all season. They came out of the timeout between the 3rd and 4th quarter with a completely different mindset

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Great to see us come from behind. I really like Vogel willingness to use different line-ups to win games. He seems to be pushing all the right buttons. Of course a lot of that comes from playing the best players, unlike the guy whose name I will not speak. The player of the game vote was btw PG, Inferno and AJ. All 3 were in suits or on the bench before Vogel.
    Good is the enemy of Great

We're changing the identity of our basketball team -- dramatically. We're a power post team -- a blood-and-guts, old-school, smash-mouth team that plays with size, strength, speed and athleticism. We attack the basket. . . . This is the new identity of our team. It was a great effort. I'm very proud of our guys."
    -- Frank Vogel.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colts19 For This Useful Post:

Hey, bad first three quarters, good fourth.

We were talking about Price earlier today. And this is part of what I mean by good court general..aka..knowing what the team needs. He came in the game, tied it himself, then ran the offense getting everyone else involved. He also led us in rebounding.

Dahntay..I'm so glad he's playing this well. He still scares me, as I said..I wish he'd pass when he's like..tripple teamed..but so long as his shot is going in What he brings to the team though, is defensive intensity, heck just intensity..he's a fantastic locker room guy (or seems to be) and he's been a solid member of a winning team before. As I said..if we could just stamp out the bad shot taking..we'd have a really really really good bench player on our hands.

I don't mind that Roy and DC struggled. Guys they are going to struggle. Second and third year players..it happens. Their teammates helped them out..that's what good teams do.

Josh played excellent defense on Love at the end of the game. Really excellent. I thought Hans brought a lot of energy too. Woot..Go animal crackers.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sookie For This Useful Post:

Was very nice to see us play aggressively in the 4th today on both ends. The 4th quarter problems that had plagued us, turnovers, too much dribbling, not running our offense till less than 10 seconds on the clock, watching the other team up there defensive intensity but us not doing the same, all seemed to be completely flipped tonight. It was us that upped our defensive intensity and the T-Wolves just continued to have no answer to Dahntay.

May not look like a good win on paper would appear to come off as a game we should have won. T-Wolves are playing really well right now and are a freakishly good rebounding team as we found out the hard way tonight, but it was great to see the guys tough one out for once and just out intensity and out physical a team that is known for those 2 things.

Droppin' knowledge, yo. Mackey_Rose's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by colts19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great to see us come from behind. I really like Vogel willingness to use different line-ups to win games. He seems to be pushing all the right buttons. Of course a lot of that comes from playing the best players, unlike the guy whose name I will not speak. The player of the game vote was btw PG, Inferno and AJ. All 3 were in suits or on the bench before Vogel.
    Fact.

Hicks got camera time, that was good.

honestly, i would have kept george out there in the 4th instead of granger. was scared there for a while we'd lose to the lowly twolves given our lack of effort with the 1st unit. tomorrow night is a HUGE game for us.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    defense in the fourth quarter was playoff level and I don't say that very often.

And it had nothing to do with adjustments or strategy, it was all effort. Probably the most effort I have seen on defense all season. They came out of the timeout between the 3rd and 4th quarter with a completely different mindset
    I agree, to me the second unit was the one in charge of bringing the team back by playing good D and no letting either one of their guys get easy rebounds, good strategy by Vogel in letting them destroy those guys and bringing the starters to finish the game.

Yeah, 8 boards from A.J. Price was nice, even if they were all on our end of the court. After all, the T-Wolves had 20 friggin' offensive rebounds! We didn't win the battle on the glass this evening (tied at 44 a piece according to the box score).

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

-I think it's time to move Mike to the second unit. The perimeter defense at the beginning of the game was putrid, and we have to bench one of DC/Granger/Dun. I'd bench Dun for common sense sake. Start George or (Gulp, I don't know if this is smart) Jones.

Mike would thrive in the second unit with more defensive perimeter players to mask his weaknesses.

-Josh made some really nice post moves tonight. I was impressed.

-Granger played aggressively.

-Dahntay Jones and Paul George are good backup wings. I think it's time to move one of them into the starting lineup, but I wanted to point that out.

-Tyler scored well.

-Roy and DC struggled. I'm kind of worried about DC though. He especially looked out of it. Probably just a sophomore wall though.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Oh yeah, we tied them in rebounds 44 to 44. That's freaking impressive. Holy cow.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

It had to do with the players that are in.

The second unit is composed of players that are better defenders. (With the exception of Josh and Tyler..which I think can be about even..depending on what you need..IE, if you need someone to defend physically Tyler's better, if you need an athletic defender, Josh is better. And Roy and Foster, which can be a tossup. Tonight however, it was easily Foster.) And those guys are more physical. They play the smashmouth game, where as the first unit plays the prettier game.

Forgot to mention Paul George. He was keeping us within an arm's length in the third. He's got so much potential..really..he could be SO good.

And I thought Danny played a really good game too. He just didn't bring the energy in that AJ and Dahntay brought.

I liked the fact Vogel went with the players who were getting it done. Riding Dahntay's hot hand while Granger, Hibbert, and Collison were on the bench in the 4th. Starters be darn.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Justin Tyme For This Useful Post:

uh our first unit kept us in the game, and got us of to a decent start.

when tyler came in, they promptly went on a 9-1 run and as DJ said in the postgame interview, the 2nd unit did not perform in the 1st half.

Can u tell me how oftern Roy got the ball in the 1st half? well that is why he did nto score that much, not because some think he had a bad game, DJ's 3 near the end comes courtesy of Roy, because he was double teamed.

sometimes i wonder if this hyperbole stuff obscures the real time vision.
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to able For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good, aggressive all around game.

Guys really stepped it up in the 4th.

I'm happy we have such a strong second unit.

my internet was down (dummbass comcast) watched the game and thought we played pretty good

I don't care at all about the wolve's win/loss, They play really tough and they were ALWAYS in a good position for o rebounds. It was ridiculous. It's great that we managed to tie them in rebounds.... Our bench is so boss now that the better players are actually in it.

and Sookie, with respect, but please do not mention Tyler and McRoberts on defense in one breath, Josh is miles ahead of Tyler on that one
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

overtime in cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    uh our first unit kept us in the game, and got us of to a decent start.

when tyler came in, they promptly went on a 9-1 run and as DJ said in the postgame interview, the 2nd unit did not perform in the 1st half.

Can u tell me how oftern Roy got the ball in the 1st half? well that is why he did nto score that much, not because some think he had a bad game, DJ's 3 near the end comes courtesy of Roy, because he was double teamed.

sometimes i wonder if this hyperbole stuff obscures the real time vision.
    That's a good point. But he didn't defend well nor did he rebound that well.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The energy was pretty impressive tonight inside the Fieldhouse, especially down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    and Sookie, with respect, but please do not mention Tyler and McRoberts on defense in one breath, Josh is miles ahead of Tyler on that one
    Depends, sometimes you need a guy to beat the opposing player up. And Tyler will do that. He gets lost on rotations, loses his guy ect...ect.. But if you need to irritate the opposing player/get physical with the opposing player. Tyler is the better guy to do that with.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

I think its kind of funny how obie has reached voldemort status on this board with nobody wanting to speak his name

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

AJ Price cant pass at least 2nite he didnt want 2 same with Tyler

33. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post: