Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No thanks to anyone but Howard or Wade. Melo is not much better than Granger, LeBron's ego keeps him from leading a team, and the rest are too old.
    Lebron's ego led a mediocre cleveland team to eastern conference royalty, including a trip to the finals in just his 2nd or 3rd year... Sheesh.

We need veterans on this team and DG is one of our experienced veterans and he normally plays consistently every game. Yes, I understand his trade value to high right now but I'd only consider Lamarcus Aldridge or very similar PF player for DG. Unfortunately, IMHO that would lead a 'GAPING' hole at SF because Paul George is not ready to play major minutes and I really really don't believe any NBA team would TRADE away a stud like Lamarcus Aldridge for DG unless we sweeten the deal considerably like Brandon Rush or Lance Stephenson (which would NOT be very wise move). If the owners get a new CBA and eliminate guaranteed contracts, there'll be alot of PF's on the market looking for jobs at a reasonable contract that would FIT a small market team like the Pacers!!!!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

At this point, I'd be willing to trade anyone on the roster except DC, PG, DG, Hans and Roy. #1 need/priority should be a Starting PF who can "get his own".

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    At this point, I'd be willing to trade anyone on the roster except DC, PG, DG, Hans and Roy. #1 need/priority should be a Starting PF who can "get his own".
    basically . if getting a quality PF ment losing hansbrough, so be it. josh has played well enough to take the backup 4 minutes. the only real 'untouchables' IMO are darren, paul, danny and roy.

Undefeated

The good thing is that I have faith in Bird. So far his trade record has been pretty good, so if he was to trade Granger I think it would benefit the team. The unfortunate thing for Granger is that while he is very good and has put a lot of effort in for the good of the team, he doesn't excite me as a fan. This is not based on his play, but his demeanor, whereas Hibbert, PG, DC, Hans and McBob are just more emotional and thus fun to watch. Little of subject, but I'm saying I'd be more disappointed to trade any of the above than Granger as long as the trade is fair (or in Pacers favour!)

I am quite happy with our PF spot right now. Tyler has alot of DD in him, which is what I am looking for. Josh is a very skilled big man who can do alot of things no other bigs in the league can. Like, ever notice how almost all of our players can take the ball coast to coast? That is not just a trivial skill. That can be used to our advantage ALOT every game. It is great to have that at almost every position. These are the kind of skills we need to emphasize.

Honestly, my biggest concern with this team is our C position. Jeff carries alot of the load, but Hibbert has been so awful lately, I mean it is going on months now. You can say he has had OK stats in a few recent games, but he has screwed up more plays that he helped in every game going back to November.

Thank god for Jeff Foster.

I think getting a real C that Roy can back up is the most important need at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
    I am quite happy with our PF spot right now. Tyler has alot of DD in him, which is what I am looking for. Josh is a very skilled big man who can do alot of things no other bigs in the league can. Like, ever notice how almost all of our players can take the ball coast to coast? That is not just a trivial skill. That can be used to our advantage ALOT every game. It is great to have that at almost every position. These are the kind of skills we need to emphasize.

Honestly, my biggest concern with this team is our C position. Jeff carries alot of the load, but Hibbert has been so awful lately, I mean it is going on months now. You can say he has had OK stats in a few recent games, but he has screwed up more plays that he helped in every game going back to November.

Thank god for Jeff Foster.

I think getting a real C that Roy can back up is the most important need at this point.
    Hibberts bad play could be the result of a bad system and a fired coach. I really don't think we need to get a starting center at this point. Maybe a good backup who can push Hibbert for the starting spot (Blair) but not a legit/expensive starting center.
    Last edited by Gamble1; 02-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    Why is trading our best player a good idea to some of you posters I will never know. PG might be better than Danny in the future but Danny is still a good player with a reasonable contract. No reason to trade him.
    Dead on.

And more so given the changing financial structure of the Pacers. Danny isn't the bait, the bait is TJ, Dun and Jeff.

Sure, if the Clips offer Griffen I take the call for Tyler/Granger. Or maybe Love. But those offers aren't out there.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Dead on.

And more so given the changing financial structure of the Pacers. Danny isn't the bait, the bait is TJ, Dun and Jeff.

Sure, if the Clips offer Griffen I take the call for Tyler/Granger. Or maybe Love. But those offers aren't out there.
    Exactly. It's funny because everyone who wants Danny to be traded says hes just not good enough to be the guy, yet they expect a trade where we get our batman or potential batman. Doesn't make sense.

Mood

I will offer the Pacers a bag of starburst for DG33 take it or leave it

We can't keep starting over. Danny is the first piece and hopefully DC, PG and Roy are also pieces. Add not subtract to this group.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Confidential View Post
    I would agree but not so sure about Roy. Give me Tyson Chandler with that group and we own the East.
    Last edited by speakout4; 02-07-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Yo eddie that video is epic. I like your style!!

Granger, PG, Hibb, DC, and Hans is our core and offlimits imo. I would even add mcbob to that group. Im fine with standing pat but if we were going to add a piece to this group it should be a solid veteran traded with our expirings/ picks.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Nlwilson View Post
    Granger, PG, Hibb, DC, and Hans is our core and offlimits imo. I would even add mcbob to that group. Im fine with standing pat but if we were going to add a piece to this group it should be a solid veteran traded with our expirings/ picks.

Mood

I'll offer LBJ for Tyler and Mcbob and Dunleavy. I guess you will decline because they are off limits.

One month ago I was on board with the trade DG group but with the coaching change I have changed my mind. If Danny Granger winds up being the third best player on the team, the Pacers are going to be an exceptional team. I think DG was greatly responsible for the drafting of Paul George. Bird really likes DG per his comments last week and I believe he will not trade him as long as DG wants to stay ala Reggie Miller.

I am for keeping him and adding a real superstar type to help him out. PG is going to be a great (allstar) player for a long time to come. I say give Danny a chance to reap the benefits of his patience. Bird is getting the players assembled to be a championship quality team. Two more years and these guys are contenders.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Now where did I put that dang glass of Koolaid?

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsforlife View Post
    One month ago I was on board with the trade DG group but with the coaching change I have changed my mind. If Danny Granger winds up being the third best player on the team, the Pacers are going to be an exceptional team. I think DG was greatly responsible for the drafting of Paul George. Bird really likes DG per his comments last week and I believe he will not trade him as long as DG wants to stay ala Reggie Miller.

I am for keeping him and adding a real superstar type to help him out. PG is going to be a great (allstar) player for a long time to come. I say give Danny a chance to reap the benefits of his patience. Bird is getting the players assembled to be a championship quality team. Two more years and these guys are contenders.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Now where did I put that dang glass of Koolaid?
    I'll have a glass of that as well.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to speakout4 For This Useful Post:

First of all LBJ would never come here. Second of all dont want him...Is he one of the best players in the game? Sure he is.. Do I want him in indy? Nope. The core Bird built is going take us to the top. It might take a few more pieces but this team can and will be able to contend i honestly believe that.

Mood

First of all LBJ would never come here. Second of all dont want him...Is he one of the best players in the game? Sure he is.. Do I want him in indy? Nope. The core Bird built is going take us to the top. It might take a few more pieces but this team can and will be able to contend i honestly believe that.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    Lebron's ego led a mediocre cleveland team to eastern conference royalty, including a trip to the finals in just his 2nd or 3rd year... Sheesh.

A team that has put together the longest losing streak of all time.....

He took that same group to 60 wins a game. The man does not get enough credit.

Listen im not trying to down how great lebron is i just said i wouldnt want him here...Lets say our colts didnt have PM, would you want Brady then? I wouldnt. Im just saying I personally woulnt want him here.

Mood

Listen im not trying to down how great lebron is i just said i wouldnt want him here...Lets say our colts didnt have PM, would you want Brady then? I wouldnt. Im just saying I personally woulnt want him here.
    Ya I would take Brady are u kidding ? You would take Painter over Brady?. Im a Bears fan I would be fine if we got Aaron Rodgers im sry I just want to win I dont care about who they use to play for. That is pretty dumb to not take a player because of who they use to play for. I want to win bottom line

Oh i didnt remember saying I would be starting Painter.