Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Default Re: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

He's not "untouchable." Just saying that let him work with this new system and with this current set of players right now, especially the young generation. He has been advised by Bird before that it will be a long journey for this franchise, and right now we are starting to see a glimpse of what our future core can become. And now that the team is showing a glimpse of what our young core can become, Bird is rewarding Danny's patience by ensuring him that he'll still be in this team to be part of this young Pacers core.

Like I've said before, trading Danny in the future is alright for me given that we'll get major improvements on the team, but right now that everything starts clicking again, trading your best player is not a good option. Instead, we should rather focus on getting more while retaining the best you have (that's what successful teams do, why not copy them?).

Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's go the other direction. Let's watch the upcoming Miami game thinking, "If we keep playing well, we might secure the #6 seed and play these chumps in the first round. Man, it'd be so awesome if we could take them down. (We would instantly become most Cleveland fans' 2nd-favorite team.) What trade could we make to help with that? What one potentially-available player should we try to get?"
    Kevin Martin... mwuauahaha yes...!

But yeah, not for Granger. He is the stability right now. Paul is too young and too excited to show the world how awesome he is. Danny is the perfect player to lead our team right now, especially with the new coach who is finally playing the right guys at the right times.

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Seconded.. He's not untouchable. But unless it's a DC for Murph type of deal.. I just don't think we are (or should be) interested in dealing Danny.

Didn't David West NOT sign the extension? I have interest in him personally in the offseason and we need money to talk to him.

I don't know what this looming lockout could/will be like.. But I think there are a few players out there of some pretty decent skill level who will let us help them help us. Money talks.. People listen.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

Banned

I rather trade Posey and Ford for a bag of peanuts now.

Quote Originally Posted by daschysta View Post
    How can you make that claim, but provide no ideas in regards to trades etc... If there is something you have in mind then by all means, let's hear it.

Honestly though with the talent that we've had the last 3 years very frew players would have done any better than danny, and danny isn't bringing any of those players back in a trade.

He's rebounding very well this year, not many SF's particularly perimeter ones average nearly 6 per game.

Propose this trade that will bring us from "middling average, and bad" to anything other than that by trading granger, until you do this thread is pointless. It has no substance.
    Since everyone on this board gives opinion's to generate conversation. I don't understand why you think it's pointless yet you replied to it.

Although I have no particular package, i would like it to include a young low post scorer and a 1st round pick (top 10 hopefully) I don't want it to seem like i don't like danny just think it would be in his best interest if he were a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship contender. P.S. 5 rpg on a team with no dominate rebounders isn't good perimeter based or not

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan8831 View Post
    What has Danny done for the franchise to make him untouchable. He scores alot of points on a sub 500. team. There our hundreds of players who can do that. He doesnt rebound and lacks the heart to lift this franchise. We haven't won a thing with him being our "best player". But he is our best asset to get out of this holding pattern of being just good enough to not be horrible, while being bad enough to not be good. Im tried of accepting average and this is a way of believe will help get us out of this.
    I agree with you on all of this but I don't see any viable trade offer that could make sense right now.

Maybe after the year something that makes sense will come available.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The many reasons why it doesn't make sense to trade Granger now have pretty much been said. So I'll just go with this:
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

Michael Pina, Red94: "There are so many different ways the Pacers can beat you. They have an All-Star scoring threat, imposing figures on the front line, steady point guard play, and most importantly, a defense that'll choke the life out of just about every offense that crosses its path."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is the highest Granger's value has ever been? I'd say it's the lowest it has been since his second year in the league.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan8831 View Post
    Since everyone on this board gives opinion's to generate conversation. I don't understand why you think it's pointless yet you replied to it.

Although I have no particular package, i would like it to include a young low post scorer and a 1st round pick (top 10 hopefully) I don't want it to seem like i don't like danny just think it would be in his best interest if he were a 2nd or 3rd option on a championship contender. P.S. 5 rpg on a team with no dominate rebounders isn't good perimeter based or not
    It's very true that there isnt a dominant rebounder but they are a good rebounding team. Everyone goes for rebounds that's why they are tied for 3rd in the league with the lakers for rebounds per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This is the highest Granger's value has ever been? I'd say it's the lowest it has been since his second year in the league.
    I'll agree with this on all points. Granger's shooting has been pretty bad, regardless of the reason(s) behind it. His defense is not near what it was a couple years ago, to the point that the Pacers' radio broadcasters have started to refer to him as a liability on defense. He needs to really step things up in order for his value to be much beyond middlin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This is true.

Unfortunately, it will also never again get higher than it is right now.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by ThA HoyA View Post
    It's very true that there isnt a dominant rebounder but they are a good rebounding team. Everyone goes for rebounds that's why they are tied for 3rd in the league with the lakers for rebounds per game.
    I would argue that dunleavy while taking just as many jumpers and being less athletic than granger is a better rebounder because he wants to rebound. Granger averaged more rebounds when we had Murphy eating up ten a game. Why because he wanted it which goes to my point of him having maxed out his talents and lacks the mental capacity to become a better player. He has regressed and he will only get older and less valueable.

Whoever said that Granger lacks heart obviously didnt see the game a few years ago when he lost a tooth on the floor while chasing a rebound and still decide to finish the game without a break...Anyways look yeah we all can see that Danny's D has gone down. But he is the center of our core and needs a talking too. From the looks of it Vogel did that. Since the coaching change Danny has passed more and also taken more/ better high percentage shots. Im impressed and happy with his team play as of lately. It is going to be awesome seeing what him and george do being on the court together more often along with dc, hibb, hans, and the rest of our boys. I was all about a trade about a week ago but from what I seen this last four games changed my mind. Im really liking our chemistry. Even when george comes along as a starter in the future it would be nice seeing duns come off the bench and drain some threes when we need them. I say stand pat for now and let our young players continue to grow and learn to win and lose together. We have a bright future and either way im loving watching the excitement these guys, OUR guys bring to the floor. Go Pacers!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nlwilson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    And trade PAYTON FOR VICK 2!!!
    Walter Payton passed away years ago bro...RIP "SWEETNESS"!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Thoreau87 For This Useful Post:

History beckons. Jared Sullinger's Avatar

I'd probably move him for a big man or SG (assuming George's future is at SF) of comparable talent. Someone like Al Jefferson or Iguodala. I think Iggy and George would make an interesting long-term 2-3 punch; they'd be far more complimentary of one another than Granger and George, in my opinion.

I'm glad Bird is not going to trade Danny. I don't think he wanted to anyway.

Danny and Paul work really well with each other and I was nervous they weren't.
    Last edited by Trophy; 02-07-2011 at 03:15 PM.

I think Granger is a much better compliment to George down the road. Iggy has the ball in his hand a lot, and is a slasher who can occasionally shoot. That's almost exactly what I see George being one day. A guy who can get to the rim, create his own shot and is an adequate shooter. To do that he needs the ball. Hence why the team is breaking him in at the end of quarters allowing him the iso's now.

Iggy and George would clash more than Granger. Granger doesn't need the ball in his hand. Just give it to him in a position to shoot.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jared Sullinger View Post
    I'd probably move him for a big man or SG (assuming George's future is at SF) of comparable talent. Someone like Al Jefferson or Iguodala. I think Iggy and George would make an interesting long-term 2-3 punch; they'd be far more complimentary of one another than Granger and George, in my opinion.
    We could get more value then Iggy or Jefferson, who made Kahn look smart (I can't believe I just said that). If we can't get a player that is clearly of a higher caliber then Granger (Iggy and Jeff are debatable at best) then we should get young talent, even more cap relief, and draft picks. I love Danny but my fingers will continue to be crossed until we draft a real franchise defining talent...

if the pacers are serious about playing the smashmouth style of basketball, they need big strong full sized guys at each position. danny is big for a SF. roy is tall for a C. george [& rush] are big for SG. the only positions that are undersized are the 1 and the 4. it makes more sense to trade for guys that fit what you want to do rather than trade away guys that already fit what you want to do.

restated. pacers don't need to trade danny, he does well what they need in a SF. pacers need to trade for a bigger, stronger, more athletic PF and then a bigger stronger PG.

pacers don't need igoudala or martin or any other SG. they need bigs that are really bigs.

Mood

Nope

Mood

I'm all for trading Danny for any of the following players:

Kobe
    LeBron
    DWade
    DHoward
    Melo
    KG/Pierce/Allen (package deal)

Maybe just two of the Boston three would be enough.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Not sure how we can respond unless you give us an idea of who we are getting back?
    Magic beans

Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    I'm all for trading Danny for any of the following players:

Kobe
    LeBron
    DWade
    DHoward
    Melo
    KG/Pierce/Allen (package deal)

Maybe just two of the Boston three would be enough.
    No thanks to anyone but Howard or Wade. Melo is not much better than Granger, LeBron's ego keeps him from leading a team, and the rest are too old.

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    No thanks to anyone but Howard or Wade. Melo is not much better than Granger, LeBron's ego keeps him from leading a team, and the rest are too old.
    Damn, you wouldn't trade Granger for LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by JGray View Post
    Melo is much better Granger.

And the Lebron portion doesn't deserve response.

-Lance Stephenson