Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Default Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Look Im a big DG fan first off, But I believe that his trade value will never get higher. Im sure im not the only one on this board who see's PG being better then DG in the next 2 yrs. So why not max out the return on investment for DG now. He has a pretty reasonable contract(NBA Wise) and is still Young. What Do you guys think???

Default Re: Trade Granger Now!!!!!!

Not sure how we can respond unless you give us an idea of who we are getting back?

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think you really just wanted to make a thread. Danny is our best player whether we like it or not...

And this is just my own personal belief but if we want players to be loyal, we have to be loyal to them. It just doesn't sit well with me "hey Danny, we're trying to make that playoff push we've been telling you about for years now.. Oh yea, and we're shopping you."

I know it's a business but still.. There has to be integrity somewhere..
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pacers4Life For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan8831 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look Im a big DG fan first off, But I believe that his trade value will never get higher. Im sure im not the only one on this board who see's PG being better then DG in the next 2 yrs. So why not max out the return on investment for DG now. He has a pretty reasonable contract(NBA Wise) and is still Young. What Do you guys think???

I'm not sure if the Pacers FO cares that a handfull of people think that we need to trade away our best player before our future best player even hits the starting lineup.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Best scenario: PG turns into an All-Star-caliber player and plays SG next to Danny. No need to trade him now IMO.
    Thank you Jeff.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 31andonly For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

No.
    George can take the other wing. And too many pacers fans think George is the next kobe/lebron/wade/durant/melo/whatever. We need to see him as a starter with more minutes before you make him your franchise player...
    And enough with "lets get young talent!!", we have too many of these
    DG is having an off year sadly but he's still the best player on our roster by far

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

Why is trading our best player a good idea to some of you posters I will never know. PG might be better than Danny in the future but Danny is still a good player with a reasonable contract. No reason to trade him.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:

Every trade is good or even great if you get back better player(s).

No trade is good and probably horrible if you get back lesser or worse players.

Or what UB said.

Let's avoid using huge images, please.

http://pic.phyrefile.com/n/na/narf/2...4/facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

Kemo just killed my internet for a month at least.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DGPR For This Useful Post:

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Please take that huge picture down.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Look, earlier in the season I would have entertained a DG trade. But, not now. I am really happy with how they are all playing under Frank. I want to see how this all plays out.

Just about the only player I would trade DG for is Eric Gordon. That would be a block buster deal to bring home a guy who could not only help this team, but he would bring in more fans to the games. I would not trade him for AI, or Ellis, or even probably Josh Smith.

We have a team playing great together right now. I think all of the egos have been thrown out the window and they have chemistry like they never had before with this group of guys. It would be hard to try and change that and not mess things up. This is why unless we have a no brainer deal come up then we should just leave things alone and let this season play out.

A Hill to get over a hill Richard_Skull's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Huge picture FTL

If you need good players to win championships, then why in the hell would we trade one away. Unless of course we get a can't refuse offer, but that would be someone calling Larry, not the other way around.

Well..I don't think it's a good idea.Till now..DG..is the best player in our team!Whatever how terrible he is recently.
    If there is something trouble in the court.I will choose him to solve it.

About PG.He is still a Rookie.and even he can be a star.an allstar.a superstar.
    Till now.he is a Rookie.A rookie who should be taken and study from other player
    in our team.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Kemo-

I'm disappointed that my picture isn't in there.

And trade PAYTON FOR VICK 2!!!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:

Let's go the other direction. Let's watch the upcoming Miami game thinking, "If we keep playing well, we might secure the #6 seed and play these chumps in the first round. Man, it'd be so awesome if we could take them down. (We would instantly become most Cleveland fans' 2nd-favorite team.) What trade could we make to help with that? What one potentially-available player should we try to get?"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:

I thought the theory was to trade Granger because he is a Robin and not a Batman? Trading Granger is supposed to get a potential Batman in return. But isn't Paul George that potential Batman?

What if we traded Granger for a #1, a potential Batman, and tons of cap room to sign a major piece this offseason? That's about the value he has. Well, take a step back and realize that's exactly what we have AND we get to KEEP Granger to boot.

The more you think about it, the more you have to realize that Bird has actually done a pretty damn good job at rebuilding, especially if you look at the team post Golden State trade.
    Last edited by FlavaDave; 02-07-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: grammar

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:

Paul George is doing just fine developing on the bench, why disturb that? Granger bleeds blue and gold, why trade our best player just to make a trade? I think the idea of trading granger is rediculous.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Spirit For This Useful Post:

Mood

Granger is loyal, finally not chucking bad jumpers under vogel, is a good defensive player, and most importantly he is by far our best player. If paul is better than him in a few years GREAT! put him at SG next to Danny, and they could be one of the best tandems in the league.

The Reasonable contract is a reason NOT to trade him, not TO trade him, we'd never get back equal value when his contract is such a comparative steal to other players of his caliber.

I'd feel crappy trading Danny right when we're on the cusp of becoming a good team as thanks for him giving his all when we surrounded him by second options like Troy Murphy...

Danny has been nothing short of great for us, and he's an important piece going forward too. Afterall his game isn't predicated on athleticism, he's liable to be very good into his 30's. I'm all for keeping Danny at all costs short of just a ridiculous steal.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post:

Trading Granger right now essentially destroys our rebuilding process and will repeat again from scratch. He's not only the best player on this team, but he's a big part of the whole plan. Bird asked him to be patient to get him help. Now that he's starting to have potentially good players to play with him, you want Danny to be traded?

I'm not against Danny being traded in the future if it needs to be done, but right now, it's not even a good option to consider him to be traded. The team is running on a new system and is currently winning games. His teammates have responded positively and has provided help on offense and defense. He has also now started to become a well-rounded player, with his assists, rebounds and FTAs have increased significantly. So why disrupt the current momentum now? It's Danny's privilege now to enjoy this new team that he has patiently waited for more than 3 years to become good and potentially become great.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 15th parallel For This Useful Post:

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

All this ^^
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

What has Danny done for the franchise to make him untouchable. He scores alot of points on a sub 500. team. There our hundreds of players who can do that. He doesnt rebound and lacks the heart to lift this franchise. We haven't won a thing with him being our "best player". But he is our best asset to get out of this holding pattern of being just good enough to not be horrible, while being bad enough to not be good. Im tried of accepting average and this is a way of believe will help get us out of this.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Why can't people just get excited about a future Granger-George combo on the wing? These two can co-exist you know.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infinite MAN_force For This Useful Post:

Mood

What has Danny done for the franchise to make him untouchable. He scores alot of points on a sub 500. team. There our hundreds of players who can do that. He doesnt rebound and lacks the heart to lift this franchise. We haven't won a thing with him being our "best player". But he is our best asset to get out of this holding pattern of being just good enough to not be horrible, while being bad enough to not be good. Im tried of accepting average and this is a way of believe will help get us out of this.
    How can you make that claim, but provide no ideas in regards to trades etc... If there is something you have in mind then by all means, let's hear it.

Honestly though with the talent that we've had the last 3 years very frew players would have done any better than danny, and danny isn't bringing any of those players back in a trade.

He's rebounding very well this year, not many SF's particularly perimeter ones average nearly 6 per game.

Propose this trade that will bring us from "middling average, and bad" to anything other than that by trading granger, until you do this thread is pointless. It has no substance.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daschysta For This Useful Post: