Thread: Kidd trade rumors.

Default Kidd trade rumors.

[I've edited the topic name because I posted a reply to this thread that is about the latest trade rumor for Kidd. Look to my reply below for that.]

msnbc.msn.com/id/6003860/

The New Jersey Nets are reportedly looking to trade Jason Kidd to the Portland Trail Blazers.
    NBCSports.com news services

The Nets are reportedly talking to the Portland Trail Blazers about trading the All-Star guard for forward Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Sportsline.com reported.

The Nets, who traded guard Kerry Kittles and lost forward Kenyon Martin to free agency, haven't confirmed talks with the Blazers, but Portland president reportedly Steve Patterson did. He did not say if a deal had been completed.

"It's early," Patterson said. "It's interesting, but I don't know if anything will happen."

The site also reported that the Blazers are getting opinions on Kidd's microfracture surgery on his left knee, which will keep him out until December.

But Kidd has also spent his time trying to work his way out of New Jersey, especially after the Nets failed to retain most of their core group of players in the offseason. New Jersey re-signed forward Richard Jefferson to a six-year, $78 million extension, but that was about it.

Kidd, 31, led the NBA in assists for the fifth time last season, and it was the fifth time he has been selected first-team All-NBA. He came to the Nets before the 2001-02 season in a trade with the Suns, and the Nets won the Eastern Conference in 2002 and 2003, losing to the Los Angeles Lakers in the 2002 Finals and the San Antonio Spurs the next year.

Also a former star at Cal, Abdur-Rahim, 28, is a 6-foot-10, 240-pound forward acquired by the Blazers from Atlanta last season with Theo Ratliff and Dan Dickau for Rasheed Wallace. However, after averaging 20.7 points and 8.3 rebounds in his previous seven seasons, he was a bad fit in Portland. He averaged just 10.0 points and 4.5 rebounds in 22.8 minutes a game behind Zach Randolph, the NBA's most improved player.

Abdur-Rahim will make more than $14.6 million in this, the final season of his contract and has made it clear he wants out. The Blazers have tried to talk him into playing small forward next to Randolph, but he isn't really athletic enough to play the small forwards in the West and is a much better fit in the East. And the Blazers just signed small forward Darius Miles to a six-year, $48 million contract.

The Nets had talked to the Blazers about Abdur-Rahim earlier in the summer, with Kittles as the bait, but the deal fell through and Kittles went to the Los Angeles Clippers for a draft choice.

I thought the Blazers only wanted stand-up guys, or don't they count spousal abuse as low-down?

(To explain the title of the thread, New Jersey is the "Garden State" and Portland is the "Rose City")

[edit=390=1095258370][/edit]
    [edit=390=1095345947][/edit]

Zesty

Default Re: Kidd to trade his Garden for a Rose.

I think this is destined to go through so that 'Reef is back to being on a horrible team.

I could see this happening if the Blazers added in Sebastian Telefair, which would create some buzz since he's local.

The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I they'd have to put Telfair in the deal. If not, then they've got 4 point guards in Jason Kidd, Nick Van Exel, Damon Stoudamire, and Sebastion Telfair. I wouldn't be surprised if they add either NVE or Stoudamire to the deal.

NVE and Stoudamire have such huge contracts that they're hard to add it. Plus those deals are expiring so the Blazers probably would like to hang onto them. NVE and Damon can both play SG - not ideal for either but they can do it.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

smoothie

the nets also have a trade exception worth $9M+ from the kittles deal.

so kidd for SAR works and if nj wants to grab a PG in return they can send Zo's contract ($6M) and use the TE ($9M) to absorb $15M in return.

that is enough to cover either NVE or stoudamires contract along with the addition of telfair.

My first thought was "Kidd for Jalen? I suppose that's a step up for NJ... barely."
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

"And with the first pick in the 2005 NBA draft, the New Jersey Nets select...."

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Today's talk is of a three-way with Minny and New York. Displaced? What do you think of Wally and Arron Williams with your roster minus Kurt Thomas?

The Nets' interest in trading Jason Kidd has moved the Knicks closer to exchanging Kurt Thomas for Wally Szczerbiak, according to several NBA sources.

In a three-way scenario shaped by the Minnesota Timberwolves' desire to land Kidd, the Knicks would send Thomas to the Nets and end up with Minnesota's Szczerbiak and New Jersey's Aaron Williams. The Nets also would land the Timberwolves' Sam Cassell and Ervin Johnson as compensation for shipping out Kidd, who is coming off knee surgery and has $90 million left on the $103 million contract he signed last summer.

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

:::::::

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Today's talk is of a three-way with Minny and New York. Displaced? What do you think of Wally and Arron Williams with your roster minus Kurt Thomas?

The Nets' interest in trading Jason Kidd has moved the Knicks closer to exchanging Kurt Thomas for Wally Szczerbiak, according to several NBA sources.

In a three-way scenario shaped by the Minnesota Timberwolves' desire to land Kidd, the Knicks would send Thomas to the Nets and end up with Minnesota's Szczerbiak and New Jersey's Aaron Williams. The Nets also would land the Timberwolves' Sam Cassell and Ervin Johnson as compensation for shipping out Kidd, who is coming off knee surgery and has $90 million left on the $103 million contract he signed last summer.
    I'm kinda surprised they'd be willing to send Cassell, but for Kidd, it may be worth it. Though they do lose arguably their two best shooters to get him.

With that said, I'd hate to see a KG/Kidd combo in Minny.

Default Re: Kidd trade rumors.

You might be right about their two best shooters but Minny would still have Kg, Sprewell, Hudson, and Hoiberg all who can shoot (thats just off the top of my head if I am forgetting anyone).

What they need is someone to create easy baskets for everyone else. Cassell, Sprewell, and KG can all create for themselves and can dish fairly ok as well but none do it well enough to get other players a Max contract like Kidd did for Kenyon.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think everyone knows the Nets are done now.But still thats pretty harsh Kstat (And whats up with everyone trying to pick a fight with you? )
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    (And whats up with everyone trying to pick a fight with you? )
    I'm going to defer to Reggie Miller on this one....."If fans on the road aren't booing you, you aren't doing anything good."

Well, that and I'm being pointed out by newbie 10-year olds that think anyone that doesnt agree with them is wrong.... its ok, though. I never take kids seriously.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacerfan2425
    (And whats up with everyone trying to pick a fight with you? )
    I'm going to defer to Reggie Miller on this one....."If fans on the road aren't booing you, you aren't doing anything good."

Well, that and I'm being pointed out by newbie 10-year olds that think anyone that doesnt agree with them is wrong.... its ok, though. I never take kids seriously.
    Thats a good Reg qoute.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

Kstat should win the award for "most times told to leave and go back to his own teams board".

to quote Sir Charles: "Somebody's gotta be me, might as well be me...."