Thread: BO MAN!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

Default Re: BO MAN!!

Awesome I was hoping they'd put Bo Man's videos up. Thanks for finding it.

Watching that last night on live TV brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I hope he enjoyed everything about last night. It was awesome that Reggie got involved with it, too. Does anyone know if Bo Man is a member of Pacers Digest or is on Twitter? I'd like to personally thank him for all the fun he brought to an already exciting night!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MunciePacerBabe For This Useful Post:

Did he introduce himself as "Bo Man" or who gave him this name?
    Thank you Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did he introduce himself as "Bo Man" or who gave him this name?
    I wondered that, too. Something was also said that his name sounded like "Monday".

He came to Area55. He was a blast. Hope he moves to Indy and attends every game

Quote Originally Posted by MunciePacerBabe View Post
    Watching that last night on live TV brought joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I hope he enjoyed everything about last night. It was awesome that Reggie got involved with it, too. Does anyone know if Bo Man is a member of Pacers Digest or is on Twitter? I'd like to personally thank him for all the fun he brought to an already exciting night!
    bo man would be awesome to have on here

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

First of all, new to the forum so hello to everyone. Secondly, I am an English teacher in South Korea, and I play street ball with a bunch of Korean guys. There are about 5 of them that always wear pacers gear and they all love Reggie. One of the guys even have a joke where they call their slightly overweight friend "Dwaygie" Miller, which basically translates to Pig Miller, haha. Looking forward to coming home and seeing some games.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kmjohnson For This Useful Post:

he was so cool

its really honor that pacers fans are all the way on the other side of the world

im sure theyd come to every game if they lived here selling the place out

they sound to be diehard fans

at least bo man did
    In 49 states it's just basketball, but this is Indiana!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Scot Pollard For This Useful Post:

I'd drink a beer with Bo man!

A little digging reveals a site called ChinaPacers.com that also has a forum that appears to be fairly active (considering it's a website for international fans of a small market basketball team). I can't imagine that someone dedicated enough to fly overseas and attend a game ISN'T on a forum somewhere in China discussing the Pacers, so anyone here interested might try to get registered and make a post trying track down Bo Man. Can't imagine he'd be that obscure of a figure in a community as small as Chinese Indiana Pacers enthusiasts.

crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar

Just imagine how difficult it would be to be bilingual, speaking both chinese and english. I've been using Google Translate to skim myself through the site and it's difficult as it is.
    Last edited by BringJackBack; 02-05-2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: i found the forum haha.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: BO MAN!!

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:

ha..i am from China.too...Bo Man(his nickname is "Monday").He is a so nice man..
    Thanks everyone in PD to support us..
    You know ..In china..there are Rockets fans&LAL fans in everywhere..
    Beacuse of Yao&KB24.

Whatever.I still love Reggie.I still love my Pacers.
    Why?I love being the enemy!ha ..

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RM31 For This Useful Post:

Hi friends! I come from Chinapacers.com, a dieheart fans of Reggie Miller and the Pacers since 1995 similarly with Bo Man, as well as a solid group of Pacers' fans in China. Bo Man has himself a username called 'Monday' in the forum of Chinapacers.com, which was established by two Cantonese guys called Holick and Howard, who have been making greatest contribution to China’s Pacers’ fans since 2000.7.20.You guys may never have imagined at the time Michael Jordan (then Kobe and Yao Ming) was more popular than China’s national leaders since the mid 1990’s emerged such Pacers followers. We enjoyed the rivalries between Reggie and Mike, the Pacers and the Bulls. The Pacers’/Reggie’s soul has been somehow our support on moving our lives, you know, most of us were teenagers in mid 1990’s. As Holick stated in his 10 years’ anniversary of Chinapacers.com, ‘I’ve no idea whether there are fresh Pacers fans in China, but I know it well those who have been going on with Chinapacers.com are diehearts aged at least 5 years, even 10 years or more. In China, how many NBA fans among the huge figure can claim themselves 10-year followers on one team? You know, the former Michael Jordan fans in China may have never heard of Derrick Rose’.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yeguiren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kmjohnson View Post
    First of all, new to the forum so hello to everyone. Secondly, I am an English teacher in South Korea, and I play street ball with a bunch of Korean guys. There are about 5 of them that always wear pacers gear and they all love Reggie. One of the guys even have a joke where they call their slightly overweight friend "Dwaygie" Miller, which basically translates to Pig Miller, haha. Looking forward to coming home and seeing some games.
    Quote Originally Posted by RM31 View Post
    ha..i am from China.too...Bo Man(his nickname is "Monday").He is a so nice man..
    Thanks everyone in PD to support us..
    You know ..In china..there are Rockets fans&LAL fans in everywhere..
    Beacuse of Yao&KB24.

Whatever.I still love Reggie.I still love my Pacers.
    Why?I love being the enemy!ha ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeguiren View Post
    Hi friends! I come from Chinapacers.com, a dieheart fans of Reggie Miller and the Pacers since 1995 similarly with Bo Man, as well as a solid group of Pacers' fans in China. Bo Man has himself a username called 'Monday' in the forum of Chinapacers.com, which was established by two Cantonese guys called Holick and Howard, who have been making greatest contribution to China’s Pacers’ fans since 2000.7.20.You guys may never have imagined at the time Michael Jordan (then Kobe and Yao Ming) was more popular than China’s national leaders since the mid 1990’s emerged such Pacers followers. We enjoyed the rivalries between Reggie and Mike, the Pacers and the Bulls. The Pacers’/Reggie’s soul has been somehow our support on moving our lives, you know, most of us were teenagers in mid 1990’s. As Holick stated in his 10 years’ anniversary of Chinapacers.com, ‘I’ve no idea whether there are fresh Pacers fans in China, but I know it well those who have been going on with Chinapacers.com are diehearts aged at least 5 years, even 10 years or more. In China, how many NBA fans among the huge figure can claim themselves 10-year followers on one team? You know, the former Michael Jordan fans in China may have never heard of Derrick Rose’.
    Bumping to show these posts to everyone.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

a photo shows all our Pacers L.O.V.E

27. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to sunsun For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by sunsun View Post
    a photo shows all our Pacers L.O.V.E

Holy ****, that's awesome. That picture has more Pacers fans in it than what Conseco had back in December when the Lakers were in town!

That photo is awesome - hard to tell from the distance but it looks like Bo Man on the very left.

Quote Originally Posted by smj887 View Post
    That photo is awesome - hard to tell from the distance but it looks like Bo Man on the very left.
    you got it! Lol...the cute big guy on the left...

can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar

Sports Logo

Am I the only one that pictures Bo Man going back home and being greeted like a rock star among his fellow Pacers fan friends? Just makes me giggle a bit.

Another one taken in Shanghai in 2008.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yeguiren For This Useful Post:

I thought that Reggie texting him during the game was pretty effin' cool, too!!

Great story!

Pacers 4 Life.31 and only Pacers4Life's Avatar

I'm so happy I decided to check this out. I watched the game and saw BO Man lol so I wasn't really that interested in this thread.. Thank god I was bored

This has to be one of the coolest things ever. Honestly. Those photos are so kick ***..
    It's a privilege to share any affiliation of the Indiana Pacers with you gentlemen (non-international as well of course)
    Haha omg! First picture, dead-center.. Sign Guy?! That's AWESOME
    Last edited by Pacers4Life; 02-07-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    Reggie Miller is a God. Period.

Passion. Pride. Pacers.

It's ALWAYS Miller Time.
    #31 & Only

If Reggie was moved that much by Bo Man, I can't imagine what he would think if he saw this and realized how many people he affected around the world. Good times