Thread: I almost puked when I got my mail today......

Default I almost puked when I got my mail today......

I still think I might....

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Default Re: I almost puked when I got my mail today......

Jeez, if they can hype up THIS Knick team to the level of "can they save the East?" Imagine the mega orgasm NY would be having if they had our roster.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: Screw you ESPN! :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:

Now that I got that off my chest...Did they forget that the Pacers and Pistons are still in the east and have a real shot at the championship!! I know...bashing the east is just so cool.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

It's all about the "return" of the big-market Knicks. Disgusting.

whenever i see thomas or hear his name i totally just picture a rat.
    And this topic was started by MagicRat. Coincidence?

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Wont it thus not be the sweeter when we kick their collecitve butts during the play-offs ???

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

All I got to say is I really hope the Pacers play the Knicks in the first round of the playoffs.

There is an article in here saying Jermaine is better than Shaq.

Go-To Move - Edge: Jermaine
    Defense - Edge: Jermaine
    Free Throws - Edge: Jermaine
    Intangibles - Edge: Jermaine

"His skill, passion and tenacity make him the MVP front-runner."

Think that might be posted in Shaq's locker during the Finals?.........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I seriously don't see why you guys are so upset about this. The Knicks are seeing a resurgence. To that I say good for them. More competition means better games.

Again I don't see what the big deal is.

PT, I agree with you to an extent. But let me tell you from the perspective of a person who's been going to these pathetic Knicks games for the last 2 or 3 years. The Knicks, irrelevant or not mean alot to this city and people here really want a team that can match the aura and atmosphere of MSG. Meaningless games or not, they are a much much better team now and as such they are going to get alot more publicity. Granted, the ESPN cover is a bit overdone, that I agree with. Marbury is the best pointguard they've had since Walt Frasier and even if you hate them or not, they are on the right track again. Big city teams, deserving or not are always going to get attention and when something of this magnitude happens to a team that's been in the doldrums for so long you can expect people to overreact like this.

I hate what the media is doing, not the team.

Tim

This is just another example of big market bias.

I have to wonder why Isiah is going along with this, he is setting himself up for huge failure.

Knick ownership refuses to rebuild, so they will continue to walk the path they have been on for years, mediocre talent with huge contracts. Isiah can only swap people so much before he ends up like Checketts and Layden and ran out of town.

No GM can do anything with that team until they go through a rebuild, they can't avoid it.

on the other hand we'e been winning all year long proving all the haters wrong and we get absolutely NO credit for it.

WRONG

Barkley says were the best in the east

So, let me get this straight. What it comes down to is you are all jealous that Zeke and Steph are on the cover? Am I the only one who remembers the last time WE were on the cover, and what happened afterwards.

I've talked before about people needing to get over Zeke. You know what this is starting to sound like...

You date a girl for a few years. You've wanted to break up with her a bunch of times, but never really sealed the deal. Then, the girl you wanted all along becomes available, so you dump your girl for her. Everything's great, she's everything you ever wanted, and you have a nice stable relationship. Couldn't be happier.

Then, all of a sudden, the girl you dumped gets a makeover, loses a few pounds, starts dressing better, and all of a sudden, she's dating the richest guy in town, her picture's in the style section, and her name is on everyone's lips.

:greeneyedenvysmilie:

The point is, so what? You got your girl, don't be so insecure.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

I don't think anyone gives a crap that they're on the cover. Maybe I don't see this the way everyone else who's commented does, but I was taking "offense" with the line about "Can the Knicks save the East?". That was a slap in the face to this team.

Nobody in the East is gonna get any respect until somebody wins 4 of 7 come June. Maybe they'll get some dap if they lose in 7, but I doubt it.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Nobody in the East is gonna get any respect until somebody wins 4 of 7 come June. Maybe they'll get some dap if they lose in 7, but I doubt it.
    Right, but it's just disrespectful to ask if the Knicks can "save" the East the second they stop totally sucking, when the Pacers have been one of the best in the league pretty much all year long.

It was just a hot topic to sell mags. I read the article last night and it wasn't so bad. It was more like "Is Isiah saving the Knicks?". The section at the end where the asked Bucher, Ford, Aldridge, etc. where the east went wrong and how to fix was really the only grounded thing about saving the East. I think you have to admit that what Isiah has done since going to New York and Marbury going home and whatnot makes good copy. It was an entertaining article even if I didn't really agree with the "oh we're on your side" tone of it all.